14,000 draft notices sent to men born...

14,000 draft notices sent to men born in 1800s

There are 30 comments on the KBCI CBS 2 story from Jul 11, 2014, titled 14,000 draft notices sent to men born in 1800s. In it, KBCI CBS 2 reports that:

No, the United States military isn't trying to build a force of centenarians. It just seems that way after the Selective Service System mistakenly sent notices to more than 14,000 Pennsylvania men born between 1893 and 1897, ordering them to register for the nation's military draft and warning that failure to do so is "punishable by a fine and ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KBCI CBS 2.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Obama Army

North Royalton, OH

#1 Jul 11, 2014
"The Selective Service System mistakenly sent notices to more than 14,000 Pennsylvania men born between 1893 and 1897, ordering them to register for the nation's military draft and warning that failure to do so is "punishable by a fine and imprisonment."

Let Obama join the service. Let him see what it is like to fight for a buffoon and traitor to our Constitution.
Instigator

Charlestown, IN

#2 Jul 11, 2014
Wonder how many of these guys still vote?

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Since: Sep 12

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#3 Jul 11, 2014
lol...they'd probably be the only ones to show up..knowing the situation of the youth nowadays...spoiled rotten decay!!
Instigator

Charlestown, IN

#4 Jul 11, 2014
Mister_ E wrote:
lol...they'd probably be the only ones to show up..knowing the situation of the youth nowadays...spoiled rotten decay!!
True.... for the most part.

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#5 Jul 11, 2014
Instigator wrote:
<quoted text>
True.... for the most part.
Uh huh...glad you agree...you can't say "All" anytime!?!..but it's become a thing of the past to discipline the little brats..
Catholic League of Duncey

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jul 11, 2014
Mister_ E wrote:
lol...they'd probably be the only ones to show up....
No one has to show up, fyi.

Besides, a lot of them (the 20th century ones) have nut allergies or asperger's or therapy ferrets, and so don't have to register, anyway.
Mister_E n the gray

Bartlesville, OK

#8 Jul 11, 2014
I know idjut..

but if they did..the mentally ill public that doesn't think they should discipline their children..were the ones I was talking about..

take care Larry..find you a gay to hold on to....shoo!!! uranut!!

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jul 11, 2014
Mister_E n the gray wrote:
I know idjut..
but if they did..the mentally ill public that doesn't think they should discipline their children..were the ones I was talking about..
take care Larry..find you a gay to hold on to....shoo!!! uranut!!
If I were looking for "a gay" I wouldn't have to search much beyond your delightful presence, now would I?

And you don't know. People who drink too much and then find themselves unable to fashion a simple sentence don't know. They have to be corrected.

Burp.

Tehee Candor

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

#10 Jul 11, 2014
That's got to be a typo. Wth?
Doh !

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#11 Jul 11, 2014
Catholic League of Duncey wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were looking for "a gay" I wouldn't have to search much beyond your delightful presence, now would I?
And you don't know. People who drink too much and then find themselves unable to fashion a simple sentence don't know. They have to be corrected.
Burp.
well you're a pervert..and it's obvious..I'm no gay..not a drunk either..but either way..sokay...

take care Larry..
Instigator

Charlestown, IN

#12 Jul 11, 2014
Mister_ E wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh...glad you agree...you can't say "All" anytime!?!..but it's become a thing of the past to discipline the little brats..
True again...for the most part, lol.

While in agreement I guess I do admit to having difficulty of labeling "ALL" of the younger generation in this way, because I'm a parent myself. So I know at least of one of the spoiled rotten little brats has grown up with some discipline :). And I suspect there are quite a few more that have been as well. I'm also hoping that my brat takes a interest in current events, voting... now that she is considered an adult.

I suppose It's just a different world now, Mr E. And we of the older guard are expected to get the hell out of the way. And as we slowly pass on, the beliefs and ideals that we have lived by will go with us and new ones will be integrated. It doesn't mean we have to like what we see. And It sure as hell doesn't mean we have to go quietly.

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Jul 11, 2014
Mister_ E wrote:
<quoted text>
well you're a pervert..and it's obvious..I'm no gay..not a drunk either..but either way..sokay...
take care Larry..
Got it. I missed the, "It's a Secret," by your profile pic. Sorry.

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#14 Jul 11, 2014
<quoted text>
Got it. I missed the, "It's a Secret," by your profile pic. Sorry.
think what you want..I'm not here advocating perverts rights....YOU are!!!

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Jul 11, 2014
Mister_ E wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not here advocating perverts rights....
I acknowledged you're on the down low and apologized. Geesh. Of course a person like you is not going to be an advocate due to your requirements for discretion.

Tehee Candor

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

#16 Jul 11, 2014
So,... there wee 14,000 sent to men (perhaps women as well) that received this notice. Wonder how many of the younger ones got it? You know, the ones that are still alive, that is..

Dang all the costly mistakes .. and it's always involving the government and the religious opposing cults. Dang .

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#17 Jul 11, 2014
<quoted text>
I acknowledged you're on the down low and apologized. Geesh. Of course a person like you is not going to be an advocate due to your requirements for discretion.
It didn't sound like an apology..just that I was covering up for something you thought!!

It's not because of descretion that I don't advocate..it's because of truth..unlike you..

again...

take care Larry..

Steve

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Jul 11, 2014
Mister_ E wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't advocate..it's because of truth..unlike you
I'm sure you take a wide stance regarding "the truth."

Again, take care.

(Which airport mens room are you heading out for?)

“It's a secret”

Level 8

Or maybe I just forgot!!

#20 Jul 11, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm sure you take a wide stance regarding "the truth."
Again, take care.
(Which airport mens room are you heading out for?)
have fun dudette...

it ain't M.E. you're looking for...

:)

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Jul 11, 2014
Mister_ E wrote:
<quoted text>
have fun dudette...
it ain't M.E. you're looking for...
I don't consort with closet cases. Don't be silly, silly.

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22 Jul 11, 2014
Why? Did tey need the old guard down on the southern border to fix Obama's immigation mistakes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Jun '10) 5 min whatimeisit 32,992
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 9 min BITD 62,695
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 12 min whatimeisit 18,983
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min wichita-rick 230,147
WHo ARe YOu THinking ABout RIght NOw (Jul '13) 34 min Pundit 1,130
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 56 min whatimeisit 3,849
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 1 hr whatimeisit 14,031
True False Game (Jun '11) 1 hr Cadet 16,652