How do I approach a woman? I'm so shy!

Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Hi everybody! Am 27 years old living in Kenya and I have a big problem lol. I can never build enough courage and/or confidence to approach a girl at all!

I think it maybe low self esteem or something but whenever a girl smiles at me, I quickly turn away :)

Please give me tips on how to overcome my shyness. I don' want to be old and alone :(

“Go on, admit it”

Level 2

Since: Apr 10

We all know you're jealous

#2 Nov 13, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
Hi everybody! Am 27 years old living in Kenya and I have a big problem lol. I can never build enough courage and/or confidence to approach a girl at all!
I think it maybe low self esteem or something but whenever a girl smiles at me, I quickly turn away :)
Please give me tips on how to overcome my shyness. I don' want to be old and alone :(
If you're from Kenya, don't be shy-just go talk to women. Tell them that you might be the next President of the United States of America.

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#3 Nov 13, 2012
That is just weird and unhelpful!

Why am I getting -ve judgeits?
The Paisan

Medford, NY

#4 Nov 13, 2012
Just pay the local voodoo chief to cast a spell on the women you find attractive and then let THEM do all the work.

You're welcome.

“Go on, admit it”

Level 2

Since: Apr 10

We all know you're jealous

#5 Nov 13, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
That is just weird and unhelpful!
Why am I getting -ve judgeits?
Maybe you could clai that you attended a prestigious college and then seal your education records so that people just have to take your word for it. And remember that anyone that asks for proof of anything that you say is a racist.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#6 Nov 13, 2012
Lend a couple head of cattle from your dad and buy a new ox cart - women dig those fancy, high dollar hay doinks.

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#7 Nov 13, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
That is just weird and unhelpful!
Why am I getting -ve judgeits?
Oh goodness. You came to the wrong place to ask for advice! Dont' pay attention to the judgeits! They're almost random and crazy.

<whisper>Don't look at my name.

I can't help you either. I'm shy myself so you're kinda screwed right now. Wait and maybe the right person can give you some advice.

HELP a DUDE OUT guys!!

not me, I'm a female... I don't know what to tell you... oh wait..

BREATHE! That's about it, maybe you'll be able to stand still and not turn away.

Good luck!!

“Slightly below above-average”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

arguably garrulous

#8 Nov 13, 2012
When I figure it out, I'll let you know...

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

I See A Rainbow!

#9 Nov 13, 2012
Dirty_ White_ Boy wrote:
<quoted text>If you're from Kenya, don't be shy-just go talk to women. Tell them that you might be the next President of the United States of America.
This is a very strange comment.. Are you suppose to be funny?? You are suppose to help your brother out.. Some sound advice to the young man.. He is very brave just to make a thread about the 'Unheard Of' topic!!! Usually its the Women ask the men out nowadays.. OR they just Hang in groups..

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#10 Nov 13, 2012
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text> This is a very strange comment.. Are you suppose to be funny?? You are suppose to help your brother out.. Some sound advice to the young man.. He is very brave just to make a thread about the 'Unheard Of' topic!!! Usually its the Women ask the men out nowadays.. OR they just Hang in groups..
Oh just relax your sphincter for a minute.

It's Offbeat, not Dr. Phil.

Jesus, some folks are just puckered a little too tight for humor, and I'm a Democrat.

8-|

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#11 Nov 13, 2012
I don't believe in superstition.
The Paisan wrote:
Just pay the local voodoo chief to cast a spell on the women you find attractive and then let THEM do all the work.
You're welcome.

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#12 Nov 13, 2012
Breathe! That's it lol. Thanks QC. I think that the fear of rejection is what makes the whole thing quite difficult :)
QuiteCrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh goodness. You came to the wrong place to ask for advice! Dont' pay attention to the judgeits! They're almost random and crazy.
<whisper>Don't look at my name.
I can't help you either. I'm shy myself so you're kinda screwed right now. Wait and maybe the right person can give you some advice.
HELP a DUDE OUT guys!!
not me, I'm a female... I don't know what to tell you... oh wait..
BREATHE! That's about it, maybe you'll be able to stand still and not turn away.
Good luck!!

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#14 Nov 13, 2012
Justin Alias wrote:
You just go for it knowing full well rejection is always a fifty fifty proposition. A writer knows the majority of his talent is wasted on the floor. Persistence is the name of the game in life. Never give up and learn to be comfortable in your own skin before you expect another to feel comfortable with you.
There are worse things than being alone.
Good Luck.
Very sound advice. Thank You.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#16 Nov 13, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
Hi everybody! Am 27 years old living in Kenya and I have a big problem lol. I can never build enough courage and/or confidence to approach a girl at all!
I think it maybe low self esteem or something but whenever a girl smiles at me, I quickly turn away :)
Please give me tips on how to overcome my shyness. I don' want to be old and alone :(
can u honestely say to urself that u've met someone that u Just HAD to meet and get to know?
just wondering, because when i was young i was too shy around the guys but once i met my "future husband" all that went out the window and i forgot All about it. lol

maybe it will happen that way for u too some day. good luck.
The Easy Way

Medford, NY

#17 Nov 13, 2012
Approach her from behind. It helps to also have chloroform.

“*=* Always Thinking *=*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#18 Nov 13, 2012
pretend they're your mother or sister

“*=* Always Thinking *=*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#19 Nov 13, 2012
PS: use a TelePrompTer

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#20 Nov 13, 2012
I think that way sometimes. She must be out there somewhere :)
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
can u honestely say to urself that u've met someone that u Just HAD to meet and get to know?
just wondering, because when i was young i was too shy around the guys but once i met my "future husband" all that went out the window and i forgot All about it. lol
maybe it will happen that way for u too some day. good luck.

“Just a lil' humor there.....”

Since: Sep 12

OR NOT .... <[;-)

#21 Nov 13, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
Hi everybody! Am 27 years old living in Kenya and I have a big problem lol. I can never build enough courage and/or confidence to approach a girl at all!
I think it maybe low self esteem or something but whenever a girl smiles at me, I quickly turn away :)
Please give me tips on how to overcome my shyness. I don' want to be old and alone :(
OMG - ULQQK familiar to me.

Shy ha? Step it up!
:)
Step One

Medford, NY

#22 Nov 13, 2012
Approach from downwind...... If she can smell you, she might detect wimpiness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 min Jennifer Renee 11,376
*Sad music/sad themes Thread* 6 min beatlesinafog 138
Inspirational Quotes (Jul '11) 17 min Wolftracks 299
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 18 min eleanorigby 40,653
News Giant hole forms at entrance of Missouri golf c... 26 min Parden Pard 5
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 27 min Hoosier Hillbilly 28,845
Liberals 31 min Hoosier Hillbilly 3
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Wolftracks 162,790
Things that make life eaiser... 9 hr wichita-rick 587
More from around the web