Michael Sam goes from football star to pioneer

Feb 10, 2014 Full story: The Kansas City Star 62

There was a pretty eclectic list of events in Kansas City Sunday for those willing to slosh through the slush.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Lambertville, NJ

#1 Feb 11, 2014
Gives a whole new meaning to 'tight end' and 'wide receiver.'
Fiona Focklemann

San Antonio, TX

#4 Feb 11, 2014
This is great timing as the team that picks him will become the butt of jokes(pun intended)!

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#5 Feb 11, 2014
Really can't figure out if he wants to play football or wants a lover...I mean who cares what you want to do in the bedroom at your job..???..

complete loser here...

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#6 Feb 12, 2014
he isn't the 1st , he is just the 1st to say before he plays in the NFL.....

Since: Sep 10

Earth

#7 Feb 12, 2014
justaguess wrote:
Really can't figure out if he wants to play football or wants a lover...I mean who cares what you want to do in the bedroom at your job..???..
complete loser here...
Yes, you are a complete loser. No doubt you displayed the same stupidity when Doug Williams won the Super Bowl, and would have said the same thing about Jackie Robinson.

Unless you're a closet queen, Michael Sam wasn't talking to you. He was talking to 30 million LGBTQ people.

“... lazy, hazy, crazy...”

Since: Aug 08

... daze of summer ...

#8 Feb 12, 2014
... lotta homophobes ... i listen to Johnny Mathis, Elton John, Greg Luganus, Joey Cole ... i figure them to be like Jehovah Witnesses ... as long as they ain't selling that to me who cares ... a six two 250lb who lead his conference in sacks could be just what some teams need ... whats the big deal ...??? to each his own ...

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Formerly From Kenya

#9 Feb 12, 2014
P_Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are a complete loser. No doubt you displayed the same stupidity when Doug Williams won the Super Bowl, and would have said the same thing about Jackie Robinson.
Unless you're a closet queen, Michael Sam wasn't talking to you. He was talking to 30 million LGBTQ people.
No, you are trying to run the gay card on the same ticket as the race card..

do you actually think this is the same thing ?..

I laugh at that analogy..very simplistic and media driven..My statement is not stupid, like your lame attack, it is based on complete balance of "Who cares what your sexual preference is"... for what purpose is that a factor even being included in your decision to play football..
Fiona Focklemann

San Antonio, TX

#10 Feb 12, 2014
GMGMIKE wrote:
... lotta homophobes ... Greg LugANUS ...
Was this your idea of a double entendre?

“defusing bigot mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

-- every day --

#11 Feb 12, 2014
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are trying to run the gay card on the same ticket as the race card..
do you actually think this is the same thing ?..
I laugh at that analogy..very simplistic and media driven..My statement is not stupid, like your lame attack, it is based on complete balance of "Who cares what your sexual preference is"... for what purpose is that a factor even being included in your decision to play football..
It's fair what that poster played, relevant to an opposing hand of bias, bigotry, and prejudice. Sam is showing his cards to the pro GMs, coaches, etc; rather than some 3rd party playing them.

The only thing simplistic is your complete punt of a reply.
Fiona Focklemann

San Antonio, TX

#13 Feb 12, 2014
some pioneer. What team will seek to play up to this farce and become an NFL laughing stock.

... daze of summer ...

#14 Feb 12, 2014
Fiona Focklemann wrote:
<quoted text>
Was this your idea of a double entendre?
... just stuck that in ...

“Hey, it's just a cartoon!”

Since: Jul 08

He can drink all he wants!

#15 Feb 12, 2014
I was actually surprised this was even news in 2014.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#16 Feb 13, 2014
I heard he was going to be the new spokesperson for Irish spring...

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Formerly From Kenya

#17 Feb 13, 2014
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
It's fair what that poster played, relevant to an opposing hand of bias, bigotry, and prejudice. Sam is showing his cards to the pro GMs, coaches, etc; rather than some 3rd party playing them.
The only thing simplistic is your complete punt of a reply.
OOOOOOOOk

So he shows his cards to the 3rd party because he expects them to not play them ?

Let us see what happens in the draft stock.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Formerly From Kenya

#18 Feb 13, 2014
wichita lyin man wrote:
<quoted text>But you also laugh at a child dying after being forced to drink soda. So, you're as low as those parents.At least on your way.
I believe I was laughing at Big Time, if you care to reread that thread...

Now let's discuss how much more of the koolaid you need to layoff before your head swells further...shall we..??

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#19 Feb 17, 2014
GMGMIKE wrote:
... lotta homophobes ... i listen to Johnny Mathis, Elton John, Greg Luganus, Joey Cole ... i figure them to be like Jehovah Witnesses ... as long as they ain't selling that to me who cares ... a six two 250lb who lead his conference in sacks could be just what some teams need ... whats the big deal ...??? to each his own ...
> Personally, I don't care about anyone's sexual preference! Keep it to yourself though! I don't want it thrown in my face. When I turn on the computer, the TV, the radio ... that's all I'm hearing about. Enough, already ... ya hear!?
>:(
The Degenerate

San Antonio, TX

#20 Feb 17, 2014
Everyone seems to like Mike.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#21 Feb 17, 2014
hummm:

"He likes it! Hey Mikey!" aaaaah that is LIFE

... daze of summer ...

#22 Feb 17, 2014
tallyho wrote:
hummm:
"He likes it! Hey Mikey!" aaaaah that is LIFE
... go read ART DECO MAN's profile ... he likes laying by the pool,riding his harley and working out ... "listens to messages from God" and book to read the Bible ... and the " IN CROWD" from the planet nimROD" his four favorite things are all football ... and whoopie cushions ... tells me someone is about to come outta the closet ... so someone can "throw it in his face" ... ring ring ring ... Hello Dr. Freud your needed ... stat ... BRRRAAHAHAHAHAHA ... maybe it was the Jesuits ...
Marcavage s Trick

Philadelphia, PA

#24 Feb 17, 2014
justaguess wrote:
complete loser here...
Right, I felt that way when Bishop Romney, et. al., keep going on about their heterosexual lifestyle choice of a spouse and kids. Sickening. Same for all those heterosexuals who either discuss romantic comedies or dating or beauty pageants or keep family photos on the desk at work.

Hey Cletus, sexual activity and sexual orientation are two different things. Get used to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 4 min Princess Hey 7,064
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 6 min Jenny Craig 29,358
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min dirtclod 116,533
What is the Greatest Danger facing our Nation? 7 min French White Flag 27
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min curiouslu 146,869
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 11 min Beady Boy 20,022
last word - first (Jun '12) 16 min Nobody 2 Special 6,927
Navy 4 on trial for bizarre sexual assault 1 hr Parden Pard 1
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Christ Allah Mighty 5,507
Woman Surprised to Find Dead Body in Her Trunk 2 hr Mechanic 14