Feed Jake... Tell me your pet story...

“IT'S a Scream!”

Level 6

Since: Oct 09

Rville

#3338 Mar 6, 2012
Hiya Jake, our new dog was so unwanted we had to take her in she is so very lovable we can't help but love her. Mr. calls her tater now she still answers to junkyard too. Buddy is so happy to have a playmate he barks much less @ night now. Congrats TrollDoll...hope you have many years of unconditional love with your new family member. Peace.

“If you can't beat um join um”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Under the troll bridge

#3339 Mar 7, 2012
Cheeka-Weeka wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe, I love beagles...aw heck, I love all dogs! Furry lovin' is always the best!!!:o)
When my two babies go, I don't think we'll won't be getting anymore...altho, I think I would actually like to foster, we'll see what my husband says to that...still have a long time...my older boxer is 10, the younger one is 4.
Hubby wasn't wild about another dog so I let him pick. He did GOOD! She's a real sweetie. If you click on my avatar you can see her picture.
My sister fostered dogs. She enjoyed it but they all had issues. Her house didn't smell very good sometimes :(

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3340 Mar 7, 2012
The Troll Doll wrote:
<quoted text>
Hubby wasn't wild about another dog so I let him pick. He did GOOD! She's a real sweetie. If you click on my avatar you can see her picture.
My sister fostered dogs. She enjoyed it but they all had issues. Her house didn't smell very good sometimes :(
OMG, she is so cute!!! She looks like she's a lot of fun :o)

We let our boxer pick. We took him to HoboCare a few times, and he really wasn't interested in the dogs that we were. THen one day the volunteer said she was bringing a one year old up from the Springs, and stopped by our house on the way to the kennel...it was love at first site for those two, and the rest is history :o)

If I fostered it would only be two maybe three at a time...my aunt fosters shih tzus, once she had 10 at once including her own!

Level 9

Under the troll bridge

#3341 Mar 8, 2012
Both of my nephews have boxers. They're awesome dogs once they get passed the chewing stage anyway. One of them lost a recliner to his pup. The dog ate it :)

Location hidden

#3342 Mar 8, 2012
The Troll Doll wrote:
Both of my nephews have boxers. They're awesome dogs once they get passed the chewing stage anyway. One of them lost a recliner to his pup. The dog ate it :)
We thought my husbands roommates husky ate his comforter, when we moved in together we found out it was his boxer! He pulled the comforter back on my sons bed and ate the sheet lol

Our female is four, and still eats an occasional pillow when we're gone!

Level 9

Under the troll bridge

#3343 Mar 8, 2012
So far the only thing this one wants to chew on is used kleenex. Disgusting but I can live with it. I learned yesterday that she is hiding the dog biscuit the neighbor gives her once a day. She moves it around from place to place for a couple of hours before she finally eats it.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#3344 Mar 8, 2012
Had a friend once, her and her husband had a descented skunk for a pet...she thought, it was cool as hell, but it dug a hole under her kitchen cabinets, and eventually stole heaps of their underwear and made a nest, down there....LOL...

Location hidden

#3345 Mar 8, 2012
The Troll Doll wrote:
So far the only thing this one wants to chew on is used kleenex. Disgusting but I can live with it. I learned yesterday that she is hiding the dog biscuit the neighbor gives her once a day. She moves it around from place to place for a couple of hours before she finally eats it.
Used Kleenex not so bad lol

Very cute hiding her treat!

Location hidden

#3346 Mar 8, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
Had a friend once, her and her husband had a descented skunk for a pet...she thought, it was cool as hell, but it dug a hole under her kitchen cabinets, and eventually stole heaps of their underwear and made a nest, down there....LOL...
Lol!

Level 9

Under the troll bridge

#3347 Mar 28, 2012
New pup is just awesome! She got spayed a few days ago and the lampshade they wanted her to wear on her head didn't fit through the doggie door. Well, minus one lampshade she has been just as good as can be. Hubby couldn't watch her today so I took her to work with me. Gotta watch her so she doesn't lick the stiches ya know. She laid on her blankie and behaved herself ALL DAY! She's been invited back to work:)

We got a new computer system two weeks ago. Everyone has been frowning as they re-learn their jobs. I saw a LOT of smiles today. Thank you Callie!

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Since: Jun 08

Sayonara Falls.

#3348 Apr 3, 2012
I'd like a pup but travel too much to train one. I might adopt another adult dog. We had so much good luck with the one we got 4 years ago. Lots of animals need homes.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#3349 Apr 3, 2012
We're having a wonderful time having
a small house dog for the first time.

You should see the pitt playing w/ this
little chaweenie. lol It's hilarious.

The pitt (Reddog) is 3 yrs old and he
plays w/ this little 6 month old like
they've known each other forever.

The chaweenie (Lilly) thinks she's a
doberman. LOL I haven't had the heart
to tell her she's a small dog.

Level 9

Powellton WV

#3350 Apr 3, 2012
The story w/ the horses is far from
funny.
They were rescue animals that we saved
from auction. Thousands of horses are
being auctioned across the country.
Good animals that are being put to death
for meat..if you can believe that..and
also for products like dog food.

These 2 that we have spent their lives
being shuffled from one negligent owner
to another. They were malnourished, sick,
they had been hit, had sores that were
infected.

But w/a few months of love and care they
are heavy, fat and sassy animals. Very
gentle even tho they were never shown kindness.

I wish more ppl realized how many of these
animals there are. You can get good quarter
horse, appy, even American Saddle for a
little bit of nothing at auction.
Just be ready to spend some money to nurse
them back to health because many have
spent yrs being neglected.

Level 9

Powellton WV

#3351 Apr 3, 2012
And for those who don't know horses
live to be 20-30yrs depending on the
level of care that they receive so
it is a long term commitment.

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#3352 Apr 3, 2012
Both of my dogs are rescues. The older one is now 8, golden and chow mix and the puppy is now 2 and she's yellow lab and pointer. She's a great dog but dumb as a box of rocks but still my little(70#) girl.

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#3353 Apr 3, 2012
When I made this thread I had no idea just how great it would turn out to be..
Thank You to all who have shared your stories of laughter and tears here.. Jake is a Good Dog...
:o)
@}-'--,---

Level 9

Under the troll bridge

#3354 Apr 3, 2012
MeanandNasty wrote:
I'd like a pup but travel too much to train one. I might adopt another adult dog. We had so much good luck with the one we got 4 years ago. Lots of animals need homes.
I've never gotten a puppy. I'll do some re-training but since I work so much I just cant deal with starting from scratch. Especially the potty training

Laura Beth

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#3355 Dec 30, 2012
WBR gave me this thread to share our new black lab stories . He is 4 months old and we will be getting him tomorrow . I'm so damn excited ! He was found as practically a newborn with scabies , heart worms . Someone found him an brought him into the animal hospital for adoption . They had to get all his issues taken care of. 4 months later we were looking for a dog to adopt . Went to one adoption center and didn't have that connection feeling . When we visited another place .... It was a connection and love at first sight . This Lab they called "Flakey " because he lost his coat and had bad skin issues when they found him. He was very Flakey .

So now after a week long wait of finding him , he will be here tomorrow . I know I'll have lab chew stories and all kinds of mischief stories to tell !

For now .... I can't wait and want to read this thread in full when I have the time to.

Thanks WBR for turning me onto this thread !

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#3356 Dec 30, 2012
Laura Beth wrote:
WBR gave me this thread to share our new black lab stories . He is 4 months old and we will be getting him tomorrow . I'm so damn excited ! He was found as practically a newborn with scabies , heart worms . Someone found him an brought him into the animal hospital for adoption . They had to get all his issues taken care of. 4 months later we were looking for a dog to adopt . Went to one adoption center and didn't have that connection feeling . When we visited another place .... It was a connection and love at first sight . This Lab they called "Flakey " because he lost his coat and had bad skin issues when they found him. He was very Flakey .
So now after a week long wait of finding him , he will be here tomorrow . I know I'll have lab chew stories and all kinds of mischief stories to tell !
For now .... I can't wait and want to read this thread in full when I have the time to.
Hey Spitfire..
You are most welcome... If you get a chance read through a few of these pages.. There are some really great stories here..
Can't wait to hear the adventures of Flakey...
Labs are great dogs.. Loving, Loyal to a fault and protective when they need to be...
I wish you all the very best with the new addition to your family...
Sending you all my best wishes...
((Love-n-Hugs))
@}-'--,---

“Life after Loving”

Since: Mar 15

How I remind YOU

#3357 Sep 19, 2016
Laura Beth wrote:

"When we visited another place .... It was a connection and love at first sight . This Lab they called "Flakey " because he lost his coat and had bad skin issues when they found him. He was very Flakey ."

Did he have all 4 legs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 2 min andet1987 4,772
Two words only please! (Aug '08) 5 min andet1987 41,827
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? 9 min liam cul8r 559
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 9 min andet1987 5,614
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 10 min SweLL GirL 33,718
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 11 min SweLL GirL 11,251
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 11 min liam cul8r 2,530
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min CJ Rocker 224,508
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 hr forwhatitsworth 29,085
More from around the web