Smoking kills another Marlboro Man

Smoking kills another Marlboro Man

There are 44 comments on the Magic 98.3 Columbus story from Jan 27, 2014, titled Smoking kills another Marlboro Man. In it, Magic 98.3 Columbus reports that:

Eric Lawson, who portrayed the rugged Marlboro man in cigarette ads during the late 1970s, has died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Magic 98.3 Columbus.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#52 Jan 30, 2014
Was this an assault tobacco? Still legal in NY, but the tax on non-reservation cigs is pretty high. Glad I don't smoke, I think it is smelly and unhealthy, but if someone really wants to, maybe they should have the freedom to do so. How far do we go? Ban butter, eggs, bacon, large soda, any soda, salt, cookies, candy bars, gum? Some of those things may be unhealthy, especially in large amounts. Some of those things you don't "need". But this is America. We have freedom to have things like that, right? Do we need a big brother nanny state to tell us how to live our daily lives?(P.S. don't smoke, it is neither sexy nor cool and it will kill you and diminish your quality of shortened life and costs too much, just sayin')
Pull My Finger

Medford, NY

#53 Jan 30, 2014
If you smoke after sex then you're doing it too fast.

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#54 Jan 30, 2014
OMG!!!!
Willie Nelson

Auckland, New Zealand

#56 Jan 30, 2014
Christaliban wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they will be different. You're confused.
People don't smoke a pack a day of marijuana. Marijuana is not nearly as chemically or psychologically addictive as nicotine.
This entire matter is so simple, so obvious on the face, so backed by data...and then we get unmoored people ruminating our of their blowholes just ignoring what is know perfectly well.
Marijuana is far, far less odious than alcohol and tobacco use by any metric. There's no complex mystery, nothing for idiot tee baggrz to muddy the waters with.
Maybe so.....but it doesn't do a lot for your nasal passages. Peace man!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min wichita-rick 226,101
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 37 min 8541 MARINE 32,461
True False Game (Jun '11) 52 min andet1987 16,012
Poll How is Offbeat compared to other social websites? (Nov '11) 57 min Emerald 5
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 1 hr andet1987 3,370
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 1 hr andet1987 10,681
Does anyone remember? (Apr '13) 1 hr Emerald 1,964
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Emerald 76,612
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Laura Befffy 6,733
More from around the web