A Message For Our Troops.....

“Yum Chocolate!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#24 Aug 6, 2008
Wildbluerose wrote:
I just want to take a minute to say that I very much appreciate the service our folks in uniform have given and continue to give during these uncertain days...
Your service and dedication provides us with our freedom... Thank you all so very much for your sacrifices....
Peace...
@}--'---
What a nice idea. There aren't enough words to express our appreciation for the men and women who have put their lives on the line to serve our country in the past and present to ensure our safety and freedom. Thank You!!

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#25 Aug 6, 2008
Everyday I hear on the news that more lives have been lost... So many of the innocent people who live in those war zones have died as well... That could be us if not for the strength and devotion to freedom that are Military has. Our fighting men and women represent to me what it is to be true patriots. As far as I am concerned they can never be thanked enough...

Straight To Hells Door

#26 Aug 6, 2008
*** OUR not are****

“Work in progress”

Since: May 08

Clarence NY

#27 Aug 6, 2008
This is still the one thing in my life I regret not doing. I think of anyone that I have more respect for!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#28 Aug 6, 2008
I travel a good deal around the country, and I see way too many young men and women in our airports in fatigues headed out.......... Sad to know they are on their cell phones saying goodbye before boarding, or just checking in with loved ones. The sad part is looking at the group and seeing one or two looking at the others and I wonder if they have anyone to call... The last time I saw this, I was in the airport in White Plains, NY, and I saw a group of solders there. I walked up to them, shook each hand and thanked each of them for their service. There were over 20 of them, but I shook each hand. As I moved aside and drifted back to my own thoughts, I looked across the terminal and saw others walking up and shaking hands with them. Not everyone did.

I guess I wondered at that point, what in the hell could be going on in your life that could be so important that would make you not think of more than yourself. That could be the LAST handshake some of those solders ever get. Just remember, those of you who sat on your ass and watched them head down the boarding ramp, they are fighting for you too. I know why, but I'm still amazed.

Straight To Hells Door

#29 Aug 6, 2008
Capn Greg wrote:
I travel a good deal around the country, and I see way too many young men and women in our airports in fatigues headed out.......... Sad to know they are on their cell phones saying goodbye before boarding, or just checking in with loved ones. The sad part is looking at the group and seeing one or two looking at the others and I wonder if they have anyone to call... The last time I saw this, I was in the airport in White Plains, NY, and I saw a group of solders there. I walked up to them, shook each hand and thanked each of them for their service. There were over 20 of them, but I shook each hand. As I moved aside and drifted back to my own thoughts, I looked across the terminal and saw others walking up and shaking hands with them. Not everyone did.
I guess I wondered at that point, what in the hell could be going on in your life that could be so important that would make you not think of more than yourself. That could be the LAST handshake some of those solders ever get. Just remember, those of you who sat on your ass and watched them head down the boarding ramp, they are fighting for you too. I know why, but I'm still amazed.
If one step is taken in the right direction perhaps others will follow...
You definatly took that step... Thank you for doing that...

“Desert Storm & Iraq vet”

Since: Aug 08

Seattle, WA

#30 Aug 6, 2008
I sit by by window everyday looking towards nowhere wondering why it was not me who died. And as I sit there wondering why I even went. I could have ran; I could have hid... I think about my buddies some still their some six feet under and here I am sitting pondering.

Why did I volunteer? Why did I serve? Why was I allowed to come home?

I believe in the flag and what it stands for. I believe in this country.

I came home, because I did not have a choice. On my mantel in two cases holds my purple hearts and a medal of courage which I feel I do not deserve.

Now I sit at my computer typing in my personal thoughts using one hand since the other is gone.

Damn it! I am proud to have serve under the good old US of A!

Straight To Hells Door

#31 Aug 6, 2008
catlover_0 wrote:
I sit by by window everyday looking towards nowhere wondering why it was not me who died. And as I sit there wondering why I even went. I could have ran; I could have hid... I think about my buddies some still their some six feet under and here I am sitting pondering.
Why did I volunteer? Why did I serve? Why was I allowed to come home?
I believe in the flag and what it stands for. I believe in this country.
I came home, because I did not have a choice. On my mantel in two cases holds my purple hearts and a medal of courage which I feel I do not deserve.
Now I sit at my computer typing in my personal thoughts using one hand since the other is gone.
Damn it! I am proud to have serve under the good old US of A!
You deserve all of the recognition and you deserve all of the thanks I have to give...You have proven your worth more than anyone should ever need to... Again Thank you for all you gave and for sharing your self here....

Straight To Hells Door

#32 Aug 6, 2008
The title of the thread is a message for our troops perhaps it should also be one from our troops....
If any of you want to share the stories of your enlistment please do. I understand how hard it is at times to even think about some of it. If it helps you in anyway to say what you feel and to know that what you say has weight... Go right ahead...(I'm gonna sound like Dr. Frazier Crane for a minute...) I'm Listening...
Peace

@}--'---

“I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.”

Since: Jun 07

Sweet Home Alabama

#33 Aug 6, 2008
Wow, this is actually one of the VERY few topix about our Nations Armed Forces that hasn't been slandered like hell. I read all of these kind words and I would just like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am in Iraq right now and I will say, without people like you, we couldn't do what we do. That's what makes it worth comming over here, and saying goodbye to our families. Not knowing if we will see them again, or talk to them again. Watching your six year old son standing there, crying, saying "mommy, why does daddy have to go?" And your two year old daughter in her mothers arms, waving, becuase she thinks it's fun, not knowing that you're leaving. People like you, all of you, make this job, this duty, worth the pain and suffering we must endure.

Straight To Hells Door

#34 Aug 6, 2008
SouthernbythegraceofGod wrote:
Wow, this is actually one of the VERY few topix about our Nations Armed Forces that hasn't been slandered like hell. I read all of these kind words and I would just like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am in Iraq right now and I will say, without people like you, we couldn't do what we do. That's what makes it worth comming over here, and saying goodbye to our families. Not knowing if we will see them again, or talk to them again. Watching your six year old son standing there, crying, saying "mommy, why does daddy have to go?" And your two year old daughter in her mothers arms, waving, becuase she thinks it's fun, not knowing that you're leaving. People like you, all of you, make this job, this duty, worth the pain and suffering we must endure.
I hope that it will stay this way as it should... Respect is given here as well as thanks...
I started this because I didn't know how else to reach out and say Thank You... I mean it with all my heart...

:o)

@}--'---

“I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.”

Since: Jun 07

Sweet Home Alabama

#35 Aug 6, 2008
Wildbluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope that it will stay this way as it should... Respect is given here as well as thanks...
I started this because I didn't know how else to reach out and say Thank You... I mean it with all my heart...
:o)
@}--'---
It is much appreciated. Thank you :^)

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#36 Aug 7, 2008
And Solder, when you return, we'll all CONTINUE to try and live up to standard you've set for us. Thank you for your service for us.

Straight To Hells Door

#37 Aug 7, 2008
<quoted text>
It is much appreciated. Thank you :^)
You are so much more than welcome...
Southern you just be careful and come home to that family of yours... Sending you Angels by the millions to keep you all safe....

@}--'---
skipper

Decatur, GA

#38 Aug 7, 2008
If ever there was a time for a prayer to be heard.
And now is the time, to hear every word.
Now that our men and women called soldiers have gone,
Please march with them and keep them strong.
Stand beside them if they have to fight,
And in the darkness be their light.
Donít desert them, march in their faith,
So theyíll be here when the morning breaks.

Bring them home safe and sound,
Across the waters to peaceful ground.
Home to loved ones, motherís, wives,husbands, daughters, sons.
Bless them all, each and every one.

They stand for freedom and make our flag true,
These men and women called soldiers for the red, white and blue.
A prayer for a soldier, please let it be heard,
And please Lord, hear every word.

A prayer for a soldier, with the job to be done,
Please bring them home, these soldiers your sons.
AMEN

And thank you to all who have contributed to this thread.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#39 Aug 7, 2008
67th Sig. Btn. Ft. Gordon Ga.

Salute.

~Oz

“Desert Storm & Iraq vet”

Since: Aug 08

Seattle, WA

#40 Aug 7, 2008
I just found out early this morning that I lost another buddy.

Another time to be at my window looking out.
Kyle Universe

Decatur, GA

#41 Aug 7, 2008
It is the soldier, not the reporter,
Who has given us FREEDOM of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us FREEDOM of speach.
It is the soldier, not the campus organizer,
Who gives us the Freedom to demonstrate.
It is the soldier who salutes the Flag,
Who serves beneath the Flag,
Whose coffin is draped by the Flag.
It is the soldier who gives the ultimate,
Sacrafice for protesters to burn the Flag!

And if you cain't stand for our troops,
Kindly stand behind them!!!

And forever remember,Dying for FREEDOM isn't,
The worst that can happen,
Being forgotten is!!!
Kyle Universe

Decatur, GA

#42 Aug 7, 2008
catlover_0 wrote:
I just found out early this morning that I lost another buddy.
Another time to be at my window looking out.
God Bless his soul and his family. I have a grandson and four nephews who are in Iraq, and I am truely proud of them and all our troops! I am not for this war, but I am for all our troops stand for and there will never be greater HEROS!! I have had many family members in many wars, and I SALUTE them all, and I SALUTE our Troops and I truely Salute you for your service!! I live right next to Fort Lee, in VA.
Kyle Universe

Decatur, GA

#43 Aug 7, 2008
Ozzie wrote:
67th Sig. Btn. Ft. Gordon Ga.
Salute.
~Oz
A SALUTE BACK TO YOU!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. (Oct '16) 46 min andet1987 4,352
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 57 min andet1987 39,099
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Camilla 227,395
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 1 hr andet1987 1,410
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 1 hr wichita-rick 2,814
News POLL: Do you think Valentine's day is over-comm... (Feb '17) 1 hr Jack 7
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... (Aug '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,181
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr quilterqueen 7,001
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 3 hr Alain Vain 16,615
More from around the web