First Prev
of 179
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#3719 Nov 22, 2012
... Thanksgivin turkey ... "Get Some" ... carry on my band of brothers ...

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#3720 Nov 22, 2012
Thanks Deb and Mike for posting here and for remembering our Armed Forces, On this our day of Thanks...
These brave Men and Women are one more reason to give thanks..
@}-'--,---

I hope that Our Troops and Their Families enjoyed a Happy Thanksgiving... and I hope that those who were not able to be with their families were able to make a call home...
My Deepest appreciation and gratitude goes to Our Troops for their sacrifices and service to our country...
Thank You.. Stay Safe, Stay Strong and Remember Troops we are all here waiting for you all to come home...
@}-'--,---

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#3721 Nov 22, 2012
God bless the troups who serve and protect so that we may live in a free country ...

Anonymous

Brisbane, Australia

#3722 Jan 4, 2013
No boy chooses war.
Dear let me show
The picket fence
Around my heart
Where loves are hung
In pairs of pain
And joy: the piercing revellers.

Here in this bar, the Cosycue,
I hear my darling singer moan,
Lower lights within my mind,
Admit a surer light
To see, to die by.

Here so specially set
For me, I am amazed,
Are target lovers all lines
For me to break,
To leave them, to die by.

No boy chooses war
But then we go
And in a cause find causes
To regret the summer and
The easy girl or boy
We drift to exist,
To battle for, to die.
Anonymous

Brisbane, Australia

#3723 Jan 4, 2013
Fade in the sound od summer music,
Picture a hand plunging through her hair,
Next his socked feet and her scuffed dance slippers
Close, as they kiss on the rug-stripped stair.

Catch now the taxi from the station,
Capture her shoulders’ sudden sag;
Switch to him silent tin the barracks
While the room roars at the corporal’s gag.

Let the drums dwindle in the distance,
Pile the green sea above the land;
While she prepares a single breakfast,
Reading the V mail in her hand.

Ride a cold moonbean to the pillbox,
Sidle the camera to his feet
Sprawled just outside the gummy grasses,
Swollen like nightmare and not neat.

Now doorbell nudges the lazy morning:
She stills the sweeper for a while,
Twitches her dress, swings the screendoor open,
Cut—with no music—on her smile.
Anonymous

Brisbane, Australia

#3724 Jan 4, 2013
Call it neither love nor spring madness,
Nor chance encounter nor quest ended.
Observe it casually as pussy willows
Or pushcart pansies on a city street.
Let this seed growing in us
Granite-strong with persistent root
Be without name, or call it the first
Warm wind that caressed your cheek
And traded unshared kisses between us.
Call it the elemental earth
Bursting the clasp of too-long winter.
And trembling for the plough-blade.

Let our blood chant it
And our flesh sing anthems to its arrival,
But our lips shall be silent, uncommitted.
swxxxt

Rochester, PA

#3725 Jan 4, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Dont waste your Time

Straight To Hells Door

#3726 Jan 4, 2013
It's nice to know that we have Men and Women who still believe that America is the Greatest Country in the world...
I am proud to be one of the many protected and fought for..
Thank You to all of our Armed Forces for standing and Fighting, For suffering and dying so that Freedom lives on...
Troops be Safe, Stay Strong and remember We are all here waiting for you to come home...
@}-'--,---

“T.H.I.N.K. Before you Speak”

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

With My Wife and Family

#3727 Jan 4, 2013
I was on another forum and discovered their beliefs on a subject and I was wondering if I could interject just for a moment to ask a question with no prejudices.

Do you believe that all soldiers fight for every American's rights and freedoms, or each solider fights for the freedoms they believe in?

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3728 Jan 4, 2013
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
I was on another forum and discovered their beliefs on a subject and I was wondering if I could interject just for a moment to ask a question with no prejudices.
Do you believe that all soldiers fight for every American's rights and freedoms, or each solider fights for the freedoms they believe in?
Each member of the armed services is an individual, and their reasons for joining the armed services is diverse. No one can really say why any individual joins. I am just glad that so many have joined, just as I did many decades ago.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#3729 Jan 4, 2013
Some join to get away from home, some join for a bed to sleep in and a regular meal, but for those who re-up and stay and know that they could die - my hat if off to them. They become a part of something bigger than themselves and soon realize that they are there for their country.'Nitwits and cowards will never know the confidence soldiers feel and how it is to be a part of such honor.
Anyone who doesn't choke up when the flag goes by is missing a huge part of really being an American.

Straight To Hells Door

#3730 Jan 4, 2013
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
That is a thought provoking question.. I believe that each Soldier fights for the thing they think is right.. It is one thing to follow orders and quite another to have complete trust in those orders...

I think that we as Americans have a strength because of our belief that tyranny and oppression are wrong and that all Human Beings should have the same freedoms that we as Americans enjoy and often take for granted...

Our Troops are all volunteers and I am certain that many joined as a result of the economy, Then there are those who follow traditions of Military Service set in their families...

The military does offer a chance to travel the world and reach a higher level of education.. There are medical benefits and If you make it a career then retirement is an option in twenty years.. The Military is our nations largest employer even in peace times..

I strayed a bit there but my point is...
I believe that Soldiers fight for the rights and freedom of All People... and they like We all do, make their own heartfelt choices..
We all have things we stand up for and are willing to fight and die for if need be...

Thank you for asking that question Mrs Whitewater..
Wishing You and Your Wife all the best and Hoping that you will have a Blessed and Happy New Year...
@}-'--,---

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#3731 Jan 5, 2013

Kate Smith, God Bless America

“T.H.I.N.K. Before you Speak”

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

With My Wife and Family

#3732 Jan 5, 2013
Wildbluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a thought provoking question.. I believe that each Soldier fights for the thing they think is right.. It is one thing to follow orders and quite another to have complete trust in those orders...
I think that we as Americans have a strength because of our belief that tyranny and oppression are wrong and that all Human Beings should have the same freedoms that we as Americans enjoy and often take for granted...
Our Troops are all volunteers and I am certain that many joined as a result of the economy, Then there are those who follow traditions of Military Service set in their families...
The military does offer a chance to travel the world and reach a higher level of education.. There are medical benefits and If you make it a career then retirement is an option in twenty years.. The Military is our nations largest employer even in peace times..
I strayed a bit there but my point is...
I believe that Soldiers fight for the rights and freedom of All People... and they like We all do, make their own heartfelt choices..
We all have things we stand up for and are willing to fight and die for if need be...
Thank you for asking that question Mrs Whitewater..
Wishing You and Your Wife all the best and Hoping that you will have a Blessed and Happy New Year...
@}-'--,---
And thank you for responding to me. The last part of your post reveals that you may know why I asked that question. I am, in a way, new to Topix because of being gone for so long. I do not always know who may know my wife or myself by name because of her posts. lol

Bright Blessings,
Mrs Whitewater
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#3733 Jan 9, 2013
OP wrote:
A Message For Our Troops.....
Heres my message .....

..... revolt!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 179
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 8 min The Truth 459
Come on...Tell me a joke (Jan '08) 12 min ms_Sweeter 7,072
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 14 min Historian 128,013
What's your tip for the day? 16 min Yes lts Me 1,588
Is it possible to....... 22 min ---Word Woman--- 14
What if? 24 min Yes lts Me 5
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 25 min andet1987 7,382
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 31 min -Lea- 24,053
Internal Server Errors 2 hr Dr Wu 37
Man attaches lamb chop to balloon, sends it int... 3 hr Yes lts Me 12