Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 179
Next Last

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#1 Aug 5, 2008
I just want to take a minute to say that I very much appreciate the service our folks in uniform have given and continue to give during these uncertain days...
Your service and dedication provides us with our freedom... Thank you all so very much for your sacrifices....

Peace...

@}--'---

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 5, 2008
Wildbluerose wrote:
I just want to take a minute to say that I very much appreciate the service our folks in uniform have given and continue to give during these uncertain days...
Your service and dedication provides us with our freedom... Thank you all so very much for your sacrifices....
Peace...
@}--'---
100% agree with you. It's the courage and dedication of these young men and women (and all those before them) that give us the freedom to sleep peaceful each night knowing they have our backs. THANK YOU!!!!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Right here under my thumb

#3 Aug 5, 2008
I've flown the Flag on my home standard everyday since 1978 - I also fly the MIA-POW flag on a smaller, sister standard next to her. I replace her every 3 months - I never let her get tattered or frayed and I have them both lit up 24-7. Call me an idiot, but it's my way of telling everyone that I am proud to have defended her and am equally proud of our boys and girls that defend her now - without whom there would be anarchy.

Thank you for posting this thread - it means alot to this old salt.

Since: Aug 07

United States

#4 Aug 5, 2008
Wildbluerose wrote:
Peace...
@}--'---
I agree!

...and to remember those who died fighting for our freedom.

“Desert Storm & Iraq vet”

Since: Aug 08

Seattle, WA

#5 Aug 5, 2008
As a vet, thank you for your wonderful thoughts. God Bless all of you!
Mitzi

Princeton, NJ

#7 Aug 5, 2008
milwaukee69 wrote:
I've flown the Flag on my home standard everyday since 1978 - I also fly the MIA-POW flag on a smaller, sister standard next to her. I replace her every 3 months - I never let her get tattered or frayed and I have them both lit up 24-7. Call me an idiot, but it's my way of telling everyone that I am proud to have defended her and am equally proud of our boys and girls that defend her now - without whom there would be anarchy.
Thank you for your service and dedication to our country..God bless our troops and their families.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#8 Aug 5, 2008
Mitzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your service and dedication to our country..God bless our troops and their families.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Kfz2XDXaeqcXX
Thanks for posting that Mitzi - it's been so long since I saw Red.

“...”

Level 1

Since: Oct 07

East Texas

#9 Aug 5, 2008
Thank Yall!

Angels watch over you, and keep you safe in Jesus name.

Straight To Hells Door

#10 Aug 5, 2008
milwaukee69 wrote:
I can't fly the flag everyday but you better believe it goes up on June 14, July 4, Memorial Day, Veterans Day... My father served during WW 2 and My brother during Vietnam... I respect all who have given their service and lives for our Freedom... The fact that we have very few attacks here in the US is a testament to the strength of our Armed Forces. Again I say Thank You so much for all you have given and all you do...
Peace
@}--'---

“He went belly up!”

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

Dont credit yourself so highly

#11 Aug 5, 2008
Come home safe.

Seattle, WA

#13 Aug 5, 2008
My flag is up 7/24/365. I will not bring it down until the war is over. As a vet, I love this country and was proud to serve two wars.
theoracle

Floyds Knobs, IN

#15 Aug 5, 2008
Thank You for your service, dedication and devotion, for my freedom and the freedom of all Americans.
Also thank you to the families who endure the hardship of having their loved ones placed in harms way to secure those freedoms so many take for granted.
For all who have given their lives in the line of duty, Thank you.
For all who lost limbs in the line of duty, Thank you.
For all who have sustained injury in any form, Thank you.
For those who suffer PTSD, GWS or any other mental illness as a result of their service, Thank you.
For all of our Armed Forces protecting Freedom Worldwide, Thank you.
To Our Veterans, Thank you.
To those who haven't come home yet, The MIA's, You are not forgotten, Thank you.
May God Bless You All.

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#16 Aug 5, 2008
http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2007/06...

Casey was a great kid, he wanted to run for president some day (he was serious about becoming a politician, an honest one), he and my son enlisted together right after high school.

I know I have posted on this before, at the risk of being repetitive -

and yet, I think of Casey almost every day, he was just one of the thousands of kids that lost their lives over in the desert. It breaks my heart to think about all the families that will never see their child/husband/father again.

Bless all those who have had to live through this heartache.

Sincere thanks to all those who have given time from the prime of their lives to serve us all.

Since: Jan 08

Camp Verde, AZ

#17 Aug 5, 2008
Thank you for the sacrafices that you have made so my family and myself could be safe, while you were slepping out in the cold and eating cold rations,by your bravery we slept in warm beds and had warm meals,and kept us safe from harm,thank you for your belief in our country and for fighting for her freedoms, this goes for every american soldier that has paid his/her dues in the armed forces and this includes the the ones that paid the ultimate sacrafice. Myself and my family respects each and every one of you, and I am thankful for each and every one of you. My prayers are with you all.

Seattle, WA

#18 Aug 5, 2008
God Bless us all.

Whether you're deployed to the Middle East,
Africa, Tumbuktu or sun drenched Greece...
Our thoughts of you remain the same,
you're loved and admired past any physical plane.

You're doing a job, only you can do
we're doing ours also, to help see you through.
We're here for you until the end,
for it's nothing more than a new begin.

Life cycles renewing, one by one
you unravel the webs that have been done.
You right terrible wrongs, insure peace
your unwavering strength doth never cease.

We're proud of our troops, of all that you do...
our torch is kept lit by each one of you.
We remain free, happy, calm and brave
because of all of you who take us cradle to grave.

You watch over us and guard us while we sleep
is there any wonder why our admiration runs so deep?
At the end of our day, when the work is done
we pray to God for each and every one.

**That poem was read to me from a little girl over the mike just as I was leaving on a transport for Iraq 6 years ago. Later I learned she died.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#19 Aug 6, 2008
catlover_0 wrote:
God Bless us all.
Whether you're deployed to the Middle East,
Africa, Tumbuktu or sun drenched Greece...
Our thoughts of you remain the same,
you're loved and admired past any physical plane.
You're doing a job, only you can do
we're doing ours also, to help see you through.
We're here for you until the end,
for it's nothing more than a new begin.
Life cycles renewing, one by one
you unravel the webs that have been done.
You right terrible wrongs, insure peace
your unwavering strength doth never cease.
We're proud of our troops, of all that you do...
our torch is kept lit by each one of you.
We remain free, happy, calm and brave
because of all of you who take us cradle to grave.
You watch over us and guard us while we sleep
is there any wonder why our admiration runs so deep?
At the end of our day, when the work is done
we pray to God for each and every one.
**That poem was read to me from a little girl over the mike just as I was leaving on a transport for Iraq 6 years ago. Later I learned she died.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
Absolutely, one of the most inspiring poems I've ever had the pleasure to read - and so true. Fret not my commrades, we have the bravest and strongest angels looking over us.

Thank you.

Straight To Hells Door

#20 Aug 6, 2008

Straight To Hells Door

#21 Aug 6, 2008
Mitzi

United States

#22 Aug 6, 2008
At the train station, my brother hugged me goodbye.. I stood there crying, baby doll in my arms..waved til he was out of sight..I cried, "MOMMY I THINK my heart is breaking!"..Icy fear gripped my soul, yet my heart overflowed with love and pride...

At the airport, my husband hugged me goodbye..I stood there crying, baby son in my arms..waved til he was out of sight..I cried, "MOM I THINK my heart is breaking!"..Icy fear gripped my soul, yet my heart overflowed with love and pride...

At the bus depot(deployed to Iraq), my son hugged me goodbye..I stood there crying, arms empty now..waved til he was out of sight..I cried, "GOD I KNOW my heart is breaking!"..Icy fear gripped my soul, yet my heart overflowed with love and pride...

God bless the troops and their families...Mine came home..some never do...

Straight To Hells Door

#23 Aug 6, 2008
Mitzi wrote:
At the train station, my brother hugged me goodbye.. I stood there crying, baby doll in my arms..waved til he was out of sight..I cried, "MOMMY I THINK my heart is breaking!"..Icy fear gripped my soul, yet my heart overflowed with love and pride...
At the airport, my husband hugged me goodbye..I stood there crying, baby son in my arms..waved til he was out of sight..I cried, "MOM I THINK my heart is breaking!"..Icy fear gripped my soul, yet my heart overflowed with love and pride...
At the bus depot(deployed to Iraq), my son hugged me goodbye..I stood there crying, arms empty now..waved til he was out of sight..I cried, "GOD I KNOW my heart is breaking!"..Icy fear gripped my soul, yet my heart overflowed with love and pride...
God bless the troops and their families...Mine came home..some never do...
Bless you and your MEN who did so much for so many...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 179
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,230
True or False Game 4 min AmyFaith 372
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min deutscher Nationa... 120,815
Family shocked after texting dead grandmother, ... 7 min Protoham 9
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 8 min liam cul8r 20
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 40,414
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 9 min Cyan in CA 29,784
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 32 min Sublime1 22,216
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Juju Beans 6,829
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Bree_Z 148,954

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE