Would you vote for Prez Obama for the...

Would you vote for Prez Obama for the next 4 years?

Created by pollster on Apr 11, 2011

11,749 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

No way!!!

Not sure!!!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#30834 Nov 4, 2012
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton may have been a "hound dog" but
under him we had a surplus w/a decreased deficit.
The surplus did not occur until the Republicans took control of the legislature and put some brakes on spending. You cannot tax yourself to a balanced budget.

I do agree that Clinton could work with the opposition.

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#30835 Nov 4, 2012
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for laying that out.
The loss of Byrd for us in WV was a real blow.
He wasn't perfect but he was an advocate for us
for many decades. He always tried to help his
ppl.
But needing this "super majority" to get ANYTHING
done is ridiculous. I've said it many times b/f
and I still believe that it was mainly due to race.
It was never due to his race, it's his politics. If he actually tried working across the aisle instead of using Republicans as an excuse for his failure he might have accomplished something.

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#30836 Nov 4, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, it was a serious question. Bush accomplished something that Obama could not. He worked with the opposition and did so rather successfully. Obama has been a failure at crossing the isle.
As did Clinton, Reagan and hell, even Carter.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#30837 Nov 4, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh noeS!!! And a conspiracy theory nut emerges.
Well, you obviously believe that Bush was something special.....and he wasn't......he was a liar, a swindler and seems to have had ties to a half-brother of Osama Bin Laden....interesting stuff even if it does come from Wikipedia.......lol!!!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#30838 Nov 4, 2012
I'm sorry folks for getting off of the topic.......this thread is about Voting for Obama......not Bush, even if he was an idiot!!!

Anyone can believe the poll or polls that they choose to believe, but I've done the research on many things besides the polls and Romney is not good for this Country!!!

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#30839 Nov 4, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, it was a serious question. Bush accomplished something that Obama could not. He worked with the opposition and did so rather successfully. Obama has been a failure at crossing the isle.
Nooooo...you made a statement. I didn't admit to anything of the sort.

I seriously doubt you're man enough to beat a confession out of me so, don't bother with the false statements.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#30840 Nov 4, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you obviously believe that Bush was something special.....and he wasn't......he was a liar, a swindler and seems to have had ties to a half-brother of Osama Bin Laden....interesting stuff even if it does come from Wikipedia.......lol!!!
Not special. Above average. He handled some serious problems very well and was blamed for some problems that were really not his fault. Perhaps he was too quick to add Iraq to the war on terrorism, but we did win that war and Obama was pretty much following the Bush plan when he ended it.

You do realize that Bin Laden was opposed by most of his family. He did come from royalty in a country that still is for all intents and purposes a monarchy so it would be very difficult to deal with Saudi Arabia without dealing with some members of his family. Perhaps you should live in the real world for a while and stop looking for connections where they don't really exist.

Location hidden

#30841 Nov 4, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
I'm sorry folks for getting off of the topic.......this thread is about Voting for Obama......not Bush, even if he was an idiot!!!
Anyone can believe the poll or polls that they choose to believe, but I've done the research on many things besides the polls and Romney is not good for this Country!!!
Rmoney's not even good for these people. He could only be good for the 1-2% that footed the bill for his campaign. He owes these people nothing and, that's what they'll get.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#30842 Nov 4, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Nooooo...you made a statement. I didn't admit to anything of the sort.
I seriously doubt you're man enough to beat a confession out of me so, don't bother with the false statements.
Oh please, the foolish attempts at threats of violence. I have noticed that only internet whimps try to do such. I haven't fought for years, but with over 20 years of training in the martial arts some of it should have stuck, even though I am definitely not in prime physical condition anymore.

So let's get back to the facts. You and your side were making stupid comments and I pointed out how Bush did better than Obama. Since you could not debunk my claim you tried to make it a physical fight. Pathetic.
weirdo

Oak Hill, WV

#30843 Nov 4, 2012
Billy R wrote:
Does the expression "Not a chance in hell" mean anything to you?
I agree. I say NO. NO. NO WAY

Level 9

Everett, WA

#30844 Nov 4, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
Okay, why is Romney bad for the country? I would like to hear this.

Location hidden

#30845 Nov 4, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, the foolish attempts at threats of violence. I have noticed that only internet whimps try to do such. I haven't fought for years, but with over 20 years of training in the martial arts some of it should have stuck, even though I am definitely not in prime physical condition anymore.
So let's get back to the facts. You and your side were making stupid comments and I pointed out how Bush did better than Obama. Since you could not debunk my claim you tried to make it a physical fight. Pathetic.
That 20 years might have been better spent on reading comprehension!!!!

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#30846 Nov 4, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Not special. Above average. He handled some serious problems very well and was blamed for some problems that were really not his fault. Perhaps he was too quick to add Iraq to the war on terrorism, but we did win that war and Obama was pretty much following the Bush plan when he ended it.
You do realize that Bin Laden was opposed by most of his family. He did come from royalty in a country that still is for all intents and purposes a monarchy so it would be very difficult to deal with Saudi Arabia without dealing with some members of his family. Perhaps you should live in the real world for a while and stop looking for connections where they don't really exist.
You think that Bush was an "above average President??"

Level 9

Powellton WV

#30847 Nov 4, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, why is Romney bad for the country? I would like to hear this.
B/c he will carry on the Bush tax cuts that
need to die at the end of this year.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#30848 Nov 4, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>That 20 years might have been better spent on reading comprehension!!!!
I am sure that my reading comprehension far exceeds yours.

I don't know who are the bigger fools I argue with here. The creationists who can't understand simple science or the far lefties who cannot understand simple politics. Luckily the right is not in power right now so I don't have to argue with stupid right wing extremists.

It seems that the idiots all do go the the extreme sides, right or left the differences in thought processes are not all that different.

Location hidden

#30849 Nov 4, 2012
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that Bush was an "above average President??"
Compared to Nixon, maybe...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#30851 Nov 4, 2012
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
B/c he will carry on the Bush tax cuts that
need to die at the end of this year.
Perhaps they do and perhaps they don't. Bush's tax cuts did increase revenue when they first kicked in. Taxation is an extremely complex issue. Raising taxes very often does not end up in increased revenues and cutting taxes very often does not result in decreased revenues.

By the way, I do agree with Obama on quite a few issues. For example Global Warming is a real problem. Unfortunately you have to be wealthy to fight pollution. The cleanest greenest governments are always the richest. i know Obama has been disastrous for coal mining areas, but sooner or later we do need to break away from coal. The problem is that he did not find a replacement for coal first. Increased nuclear should be his first choice. I could go on with other agreements we have but the main problem with Obama is that he does not know how to deal with the worst problem first.

He has done very little to encourage hiring and has done quite a bit that discouraged it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#30852 Nov 4, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Compared to Nixon, maybe...
If you look at Nixon's accomplishments he was definitely an above average president too. He had one MAJOR failing. If it were not for that he would be looked upon favorably.

Level 9

Powellton WV

#30853 Nov 4, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps they do and perhaps they don't. Bush's tax cuts did increase revenue when they first kicked in. Taxation is an extremely complex issue. Raising taxes very often does not end up in increased revenues and cutting taxes very often does not result in decreased revenues.
By the way, I do agree with Obama on quite a few issues. For example Global Warming is a real problem. Unfortunately you have to be wealthy to fight pollution. The cleanest greenest governments are always the richest. i know Obama has been disastrous for coal mining areas, but sooner or later we do need to break away from coal. The problem is that he did not find a replacement for coal first. Increased nuclear should be his first choice. I could go on with other agreements we have but the main problem with Obama is that he does not know how to deal with the worst problem first.
He has done very little to encourage hiring and has done quite a bit that discouraged it.
Letting those tax cuts die will increase revenue.

Coal is another problem all together.
Romney closed down a coal fired electric plant
and called it a killer......that didn't help coal.

Natural gas has been cheaper.
And while coal production has fallen in my state
the number of mining jobs is actually up from 4 yrs.
The majority of those jobs being out west.

What my area needs (WV, KY, PA) is an alternative
market over seas in which to sell our coal. China is
buying that's for sure. And my area of WV mines the
rich metallurgic coal used in making steel.

Level 9

Powellton WV

#30854 Nov 4, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at Nixon's accomplishments he was definitely an above average president too. He had one MAJOR failing. If it were not for that he would be looked upon favorably.
His major failing being insanity:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 8 min Sublime1 34,635
Last Post Wins II (Nov '09) 11 min tiger_-_dad 4,929
Poll How Long Have You Won in "Last Post Wins" thread? (Jan '09) 18 min tiger_-_dad 7,059
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 22 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2,550
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 37 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,036
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 46 min -Papa-Smurf- 13,990
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 47 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,566
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 55 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,959
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 34,694
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr Naturally Wired 227,136
More from around the web