Would you vote for Prez Obama for the next 4 years?

Created by pollster on Apr 11, 2011

11,743 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

No way!!!

Not sure!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#29611 Oct 23, 2012
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>
And Obama lied when he said sequestration would not happen and it was not his idea. The idea came from the white house and he signed it into law. He also told defense contractor to break the law and not send out the 60 day notice to employees that there would be a lay off
Did I EVER state that a politician doesn't lie? It's a matter of which lies you believe and which ones bother you.......Romney's lies tend to bother me a bit more than the President's!!!

Remember that Bush has a surplus when he took office and ran up a deficit over 10 TRILLION dollars.......President Obama has only added to it by 6 trillion in 4 years, Romney's tax plan alone will add 5 trillion over next ten years with no way to repay it.

You can disagree all ya want......but Romney hurts those already struggling.....and he hurts the Middle Class.

By the way Denny, you know who I am.......so, try not to treat me as you do others.....thanks Rose:-)

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#29612 Oct 23, 2012
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we will wait and see. WHEN Republicans took the house and senate only one poll predicted it
Okay, but I've looked at SEVERAL POLLS......not one, not two, but like 3 or 4........and they come from various sources both Republican and Democratic sites.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#29613 Oct 23, 2012
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
No part of Obamacare has been repealed (yet). The $716 billions cut in Medicare was an original part of Obamascare.
He cut out waste.

And if you don't already realize it there is
a LOT of waste in medicine.

A LOT.

Level 1

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#29614 Oct 23, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I EVER state that a politician doesn't lie? It's a matter of which lies you believe and which ones bother you.......Romney's lies tend to bother me a bit more than the President's!!!
Remember that Bush has a surplus when he took office and ran up a deficit over 10 TRILLION dollars.......President Obama has only added to it by 6 trillion in 4 years, Romney's tax plan alone will add 5 trillion over next ten years with no way to repay it.
You can disagree all ya want......but Romney hurts those already struggling.....and he hurts the Middle Class.
By the way Denny, you know who I am.......so, try not to treat me as you do others.....thanks Rose:-)
You're liable to confuse those on the far right with facts.

Y'know, those that take the movie "2016" for gospel.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#29615 Oct 23, 2012
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
He cut out waste.
A LOT.
He cut payments to doctors. Many of whom will stop accepting medicare patients because of it. It you consider that cutting waste...
Sam

Millersport, OH

#29616 Oct 23, 2012
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
He cut out waste.
A LOT.
The 20 Most Ridiculous Examples of Federal Spending in 2010
by MARK ON DECEMBER 23, 2010 9:12 AM · 10 COMMENTS

Almost one million dollars was spent to improve biking signs. Can you even tell which is the improved version?

As our nation’s debt spirals out of control, businesses fail and individuals and families at every level tighten their belts, the government continues to dole out money — that’s your money, fellow taxpayers — on projects that are shouldn’t be funded with federal dollars. Or, frankly, funded at all.
Senator Tom Coburn has just put out a report, called Wastebook 2010, that documents 100 obscene examples of federal spending, including earmarks and grants. I’ve gone through the report to bring you what I consider the 20 most ridiculous in the list. These are not necessarily the most expensive, but where chosen because they are so absurdly stupid. It was difficult to trim it down to just 20, as they are all deserving of being in the list. But I think you’ll find these to be particularly angering.

1. Museum Where Neon Signs Go to Die –$1.8 Million

Did you ever wonder where the flashy and colorful signs in Las Vegas go when they die? The city of Las Vegas has received a $5.2 million federal grant to build the Neon Boneyard Park and Museum, including $1.8 million in 2010.

2.“Free” Grateful Dead Archive –$615,000

Grateful Dead chose a public institution to archive the band‘s memorabilia &#8213;because the whole idea of it being public and free was important to them,&#8214; yet taxpayers are paying $615,000 to make the band‘s archives &#8213; free and &#8213;public. Where? In Santa Cruz, California, of course.

3. Poems in Zoos –$997,766

Our nation currently faces many challenges; a shortage of poetry in our nation‘s zoos, however, is rarely cited as one of them. A federal grant program has directed a million dollars from the public coffers to infuse zoos around the United States with snippets of poetry.

4.“Critter Crossing”–$150,000

The Monkton, Vermont Conservation Commission received $150,000 in federal grant money to build a critter crossing, to save the lives of thousands of migrating salamanders and other amphibians that would otherwise be slaughtered by vehicle traffic on a major roadway.

5. Internet Dating Study –$239,100

The National Science Foundation directed nearly a quarter million dollars to a Stanford University professor‘s study of how Americans use the Internet to find love.

6. Census Super Bowl Commercial Too Ironic to be Understood –$2.5 Million

U.S. taxpayers watched their money vanish quicker at the Super Bowl than those who bet on Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts to win the game. The U.S. Census Bureau lost a $2.5 million bet when its &#8213;Snapshot of Americ ad tanked when it ran during a commercial break in the third quarter. Media critics agreed the multi-million dollar advertisement ranked as one of the worst during the Super Bowl.

7. Studying Male Prostitutes in Vietnam –$442,340

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) spent nearly $442,340 million to study the number of male 124 prostitutes in Vietnam and their social setting.

8. Zoo Receives Federal Funding to Develop Online Video Game,“Wolfquest&#8223; –$609,160

The National Science Foundation (NSF) awarded over $600,000 to the Minnesota Zoo to create a wolf avata video game called WolfQuest

9. Teaching South African Men How to Wash Their Genitalia –$823,200

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) secured a grant for $800,000 in stimulus funds to study the effects of a genital-washing program in Orange Farm, South Africa. Investigators will attempt to teach uncircumcised African men how to wash their genitals after having sex and hope doing so will prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS.
Sam

Millersport, OH

#29617 Oct 23, 2012
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
He cut out waste.
A LOT.
As our nation’s debt spirals out of control, businesses fail and individuals and families at every level tighten their belts, the government continues to dole out money — that’s your money, fellow taxpayers — on projects that are shouldn’t be funded with federal dollars. Or, frankly, funded at all.
Senator Tom Coburn has just put out a report, called Wastebook 2010, that documents 100 obscene examples of federal spending, including earmarks and grants. I’ve gone through the report to bring you what I consider the 20 most ridiculous in the list. These are not necessarily the most expensive, but where chosen because they are so absurdly stupid. It was difficult to trim it down to just 20, as they are all deserving of being in the list. But I think you’ll find these to be particularly angering.
Did you ever wonder where the flashy and colorful signs in Las Vegas go when they die? The city of Las Vegas has received a $5.2 million federal grant to build the Neon Boneyard Park and Museum, including $1.8 million in 2010.
Grateful Dead chose a public institution to archive the band‘s memorabilia &#8213;because the whole idea of it being public and free was important to them,&#8214; yet taxpayers are paying $615,000 to make the band‘s archives &#8213; free and &#8213;public. Where? In Santa Cruz, California, of course.
Our nation currently faces many challenges; a shortage of poetry in our nation‘s zoos, however, is rarely cited as one of them. A federal grant program has directed a million dollars from the public coffers to infuse zoos around the United States with snippets of poetry.
The Monkton, Vermont Conservation Commission received $150,000 in federal grant money to build a critter crossing, to save the lives of thousands of migrating salamanders and other amphibians that would otherwise be slaughtered by vehicle traffic on a major roadway.
The National Science Foundation directed nearly a quarter million dollars to a Stanford University professor‘s study of how Americans use the Internet to find love.
U.S. taxpayers watched their money vanish quicker at the Super Bowl than those who bet on Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts to win the game. The U.S. Census Bureau lost a $2.5 million bet when its &#8213;Snapshot of Americ ad tanked when it ran during a commercial break in the third quarter. Media critics agreed the multi-million dollar advertisement ranked as one of the worst during the Super Bowl.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) spent nearly $442,340 million to study the number of male 124 prostitutes in Vietnam and their social setting.
8. Zoo Receives Federal Funding to Develop Online Video Game,“Wolfquest&#8223; –$609,160
The National Science Foundation (NSF) awarded over $600,000 to the Minnesota Zoo to create a wolf avata video game called WolfQuest
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) secured a grant for $800,000 in stimulus funds to study the effects of a genital-washing program in Orange Farm, South Africa. Investigators will attempt to teach uncircumcised African men how to wash their genitals after having sex and hope doing so will prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#29618 Oct 23, 2012
Architeuthis wrote:
<quoted text>
You're liable to confuse those on the far right with facts.
Y'know, those that take the movie "2016" for gospel.
You might have a point.......I don't know what came over me.....lol!!!
Sam

Millersport, OH

#29619 Oct 23, 2012
10. Gold-Plated Potties in the Woods –$1.49 Million

The Denali National Park in Alaska recently built new restrooms at the Teklanika campground to replace chemical toilets with a sweet smelling toilet facility at a cost of nearly $1.5 million to taxpayers. The park will be spending more than $41,000 to replace each of the 36 toilets.

11. A Recession-Inspired Video Game –$137,530

If you have ever wondered what it would be like to fire someone, a new video game is available to help you get in on the fun! One Dartmouth professor received a federal grant to create a recession-inspired video game called Layoff, a puzzle-style game in which players fire as many people as they can as quickly as possible.

12. NSF Studies Political Talk Shows on Fox News and MSNBC –$66,638

Bill O‘Reilly and Rachel Maddow are not to blame for polarizing American politics, at least according to one researcher. The National Science Foundation (NSF) provided a $66,638 grant to Temple University political scientist Kevin Arceneaux to study the influence of political programming in mass media. He set out to test the claim that cable television shows allow the public to insulate themselves from opposing viewpoints—polarizing the electorate.

13. Alcohol, College Students, Foreign Countries, and Your Money –$41,380

Breaking news! College students studying abroad tend to drink more alcoholic beverages. Thanks to research funded by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, taxpayers now know study abroad students double the amount they drink while away.

14. Pedestrian Bridge Built Steps from Another Pedestrian Bridge –$260,000

The Puget Sound Regional Council (Washington state) spent $260,000 building a pedestrian bridge across the North Creek, just 20 paces from an existing sidewalk crossing the river. Part of a larger $1.1297 million stimulus grant to improve Bothell Trail, this project has been described by locals as embarrassing, not needed, and not the best place.

15. Banjo Player Honored in Museum –$1.5 Million

Taxpayers may not quite get the twang for their buck from this project. The North Carolina county hopes a $1.5 million federal grant for a museum honoring a local bluegrass singer will provide an economic boost.

16. Studying Wild Blue Monkey&#8223;s Business –$168,766

The National Science Foundation awarded a $168,766 federal grant to Columbia University researchers to study the sexual behavior of wild blue monkeys by analyzing monkey feces in Africa.

17. NIH Promotes Awareness for Non-Existent Vaccine –$55,000

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) spent $55,000 to promote HIV Vaccine Awareness Day, even though no vaccine exists.

18. Renovating Pizzeria with New Vertical Garden Entry Way –$60,000

Taxpayers who visit Tony‘s Trattoria in Waterloo, Iowa may literally get to taste the results of a federal grant. The pizzeria received $60,000 in federal funding to improve the property‘s façade and give it a more inviting feel. Specifically, customers using the back entrance will now be greeted by a vertical garden, which will &#8213;provide the restaurant herbs such as basil, cilantro and rosemary.

19. Storm Surge Signs Frighten Local Residents –$42,544

Some Texas residents are unhappy and with over $42,544433 in federal funds being allocated towards posting 400 frightening signs showing how high the storm surge would be in a major hurricane. The signs are intended to show how deep the water would be if there were a 25-foot storm surge.

20. City Gets Funding for “Slightly Different” Bike Signage –$900,000

Why have one bike sign when you can have two? Portland, Oregon spent $900,000 in federal stimulus funds on a new bike signage project even though the city already has similar bike signs, which it plans to leave up. The new signs—which include arrows, distance, and travel times to key destinations— have a slightly different design than existing ones.

Level 1

Location hidden

#29620 Oct 23, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
The 20 Most Ridiculous Examples of Federal Spending in 2010
by MARK ON DECEMBER 23, 2010 9:12 AM · 10 COMMENTS
Almost one million dollars was spent to improve biking signs. Can you even tell which is the improved version?
You really should give credit, such as it were. Did you write this? Name your sources or seem forever foolish in the minds of thoughtful people.

Level 1

Location hidden

#29621 Oct 23, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You might have a point.......I don't know what came over me.....lol!!!
No use fighting here. Vote at the polls, and let's hope for the best!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#29622 Oct 23, 2012
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
He cut payments to doctors. Many of whom will stop accepting medicare patients because of it. It you consider that cutting waste...
Did ya know that Michelle Bauchman's husband claimed over $161,000 in federal and state funding for supposedly Reparative Therapy? Here ya go:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43570552/ns/polit...

Fraud does exist in both State and Federal Medicare/Medicaid/Medi-Cal

I think fraud adds to the waste.
Sam

Millersport, OH

#29623 Oct 23, 2012
Architeuthis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I hope Owe-Bummer loses too. Then we can CELEBRATE, if the loser libtrash doesn't try to burn the country down...

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#29624 Oct 23, 2012
Architeuthis wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should give credit, such as it were. Did you write this? Name your sources or seem forever foolish in the minds of thoughtful people.
By thoughtful people, I assume you mean Obama supporters?

Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron?

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#29625 Oct 23, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Did ya know that Michelle Bauchman's husband claimed over $161,000 in federal and state funding for supposedly Reparative Therapy? Here ya go:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43570552/ns/polit...
Fraud does exist in both State and Federal Medicare/Medicaid/Medi-Cal
Not sure what that has to do with Obama cutting payments to doctors in order to fund Obamascam, but please continue spinning away :0)
Sam

Millersport, OH

#29626 Oct 23, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>

Then why in the Hell are you voting for Owe-Bummer????

Idiot...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#29627 Oct 23, 2012
Architeuthis wrote:
<quoted text>
My vote is in and so are the votes of my family:-)

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#29628 Oct 23, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>Then why in the Hell are you voting for Owe-Bummer????
Idiot...
Because I believe it will be worse under Romney!!!

Hell, the Republican party has already been caught trying to help Romney in both Ohio and Virginia......I believe Romney is bad for this Country in many ways!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#29629 Oct 23, 2012
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what that has to do with Obama cutting payments to doctors in order to fund Obamascam, but please continue spinning away :0)
It has to do with waste and fraud........and the doctors in my opinion are charging way to much.....hell, a year ago I had to go to the emergency room. The cost of the visit was over a $1300.00 for under 2 hours JUST for the emergency room, then the doctor charged another fee, the x-ray department charged a separate fee.........and in my opinion, this is waste!!!

Level 1

Location hidden

#29630 Oct 23, 2012
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
By thoughtful people, I assume you mean Obama supporters?
Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron?
If I didn't believe thoughtful people existed on both the right and left of this country's opinions, I woundn't trouble myself.

I speak of the hardcore right. And yes, the hardcore left exists also.

If we don't come together and come to agreement, were will we be? Do you really buy Romney's claim of 85% Democratic cooperation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min dirtclod 133,905
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 4 min toad4754 5,199
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 7 min toad4754 621
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 9 min toad4754 11,638
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 9 min beatlesinafog 30,055
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 12 min beatlesinafog 2,182
Word association (Jun '07) 16 min beatlesinafog 2,649
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr BLOODY__FATALITY 25,838
how to forget a person u love but has hurt u? (Apr '11) 3 hr Sublime1 292
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 hr ms_Sweeter 152,750