Would you vote for Prez Obama for the...

Would you vote for Prez Obama for the next 4 years?

Created by pollster on Apr 11, 2011

11,749 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

No way!!!

Not sure!!!

Personally

United States

#24702 Jun 6, 2012
I wouldn't piss on Obozo if he was on fire...

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#24704 Jun 7, 2012
yep... i sure will vote for Obama! i still remember how bad it was getting under the last administration... and NO amount of bullsh** will deter me from that...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#24705 Jun 7, 2012
No

“Standin' In A”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Shaft Of Light

#24706 Jun 7, 2012
Here's a funny letter to the editor from the Maui News today-
"I'm really afraid that the first thing Barack Obama is gonna do after he is re-elected is dismantle Social Security. And renowned economist Michael Hudson thinks the same.

Only a Democrat could pull it off. George W. Bush failed. Mitt Romney could never garner the Democratic votes to kill Social Security.

Obama's deficit commission, weighted heavily with trickle-down die-hards, ignored proposals to tax Wall Street, tax the rich and cut military spending in favor of slashing Medicare and Social Security.

Obama is somewhere to the right of Richard Nixon on both domestic and foreign policy - a Republicrat. He's certainly no progressive. And I don't care if he has brown skin, sings soul tunes and favors gay marriage - those are just red herrings, diversions, pop social issues he showers on the adoring left like penny candy. Obama has not made one hard-nosed progressive economic advance to rescue a still-floundering economy since he got into office.

What really scares me is that, for the first time in my life, I may have to vote Republican to ensure that my kids get Social Security. It's like Orwell's "1984": Peace is war; freedom is slavery; Democrats are Republicans. Scary.
Rich Zubaty
Wailuku"
I honestly don't think it will make a bit of difference to me personally if Obama or Romney is elected.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#24707 Jun 7, 2012
Obama deserves a second term, as he has stopped the bleeding and turned the economic crisis around, despite a do nothing GOP, that cares more about elections, than this country.....
jackson

Lexington, KY

#24708 Jun 7, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
The negative impact comes 100% from the repugnantcans who will not pass anything that might help the President win re-election. Despite the good that may come from passing these things, the repugnantcans refuse to do what they know is best for the country. They have sworn to do this numerous times. That is not doing what is best for the country.
As usual, your comment is nothing but spin and lies. Spin and lies will not change the truth.
I don't where you have been for the last 11 years but it was the bush who lied about WMD's several times and then got us into 2 wars that are costing over 1 trillion $ a year. That is the mess that we need to fix and it is all the bush's and Cheney's responsibility. Of course, Cheney is still laughing all the way to the bank.
"According to the Center for Defense Information, the estimated cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan will reach $1.29 trillion by the end of fiscal year 2011."
Read more: Estimated War-Related Costs, Iraq and Afghanistan — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0933935.html#i...
Congress had the same information Bush did and agreed with the war. That's a known fact that few libs seem to remember.
Do you honestly believe the mainstream media and the liberal agenda drivers don't spin - if not outright lie - to impress their position on the public? If you can't admit there is spin to be found everywhere, then you're delusional. You're totally drinking the koolaid.
And if Obama had presented anything but completely extreme proposals, it might have been discussed. And don't forget he shut out the republicans time and time again. But like I have said before, that is a major problem with government - no "side" wants the other "side" to have any credit for anything good, so I agree with you about that -- but not that it is only the right causing those problems. The president puts forth very extreme proposals, and even those in his own party have said no on many occasions. Part of the reason he puts forth those extreme proposals is, knowing he'll get shot down, he can blame the right for not going along.
This happens from both parties, I know. But apparently the libs, and you, aren't willing to admit that.
As I have said multiple times, we need our leaders to LEAD, not just try to "one up" the opposition. All we have are politicians who are jockeying to be elected again (first and foremost) and make sure their side wins in the end.
I don't want our country to go to the extreme left, neither do I want our country to go to the extreme right. Someone has to step up and lead. We have to find common ground and begin from there, but that won't happen until we have elected officials who have, first and foremost, at their very core, the interest of our country at heart. Unfortunately, the people who sincerely have those desires have no interest in participating in our current system of government.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#24709 Jun 7, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't where you have been for the last 11 years but it was the bush who lied about WMD's several times and then got us into 2 wars that are costing over 1 trillion $ a year. That is the mess that we need to fix and it is all the bush's and Cheney's responsibility. Of course, Cheney is still laughing all the way to the bank.
There have been some other problems during these last 11 years -- what about the banking industry? Barney Frank and Maxine Waters were adamant that there needed to be no more regulations on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (even Clinton admitted there should have been -- that it should have happened in his administration). That led to a large part of our economic problems, and had a huge negative impact on the middle class.
War cost us money, yes, but wartime economies are typically healthy -- it's really no different than what Obama wants. He wants the government to support each person. It does support the military. It's totally against all libs ideals, but if you think about it, the military is an arm of the government and the libs are all about big government.
Regardless, there have been many problems and Obama has spent so much money that you can't just blame the economic problems on the war. But you will continue to do so.
I can't believe the left won't even admit they have any hand in our current situations. I admit that the problems are complex and have occurred over time and over many administrations - left and right. Anyone who believes otherwise is not looking at it from all perspectives. Just drinking the koolaid from the mainstream media and the Obama playbook.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Level 8

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#24710 Jun 7, 2012
The Obama surely doesnt deserves a second term he has been an utter failure
jackson

Lexington, KY

#24711 Jun 7, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
Obama deserves a second term, as he has stopped the bleeding and turned the economic crisis around, despite a do nothing GOP, that cares more about elections, than this country.....
Stopped the bleeding??? What, then, is all that money he has poured down the drain with no beneficial effect??? That's not bleeding???
Don't forget (as all libs seem to do) that he had a democrat congress for two years!!! They didn't want his stuff either!!!
He was elected on hope and change -- I believe Americans are losing hope more than ever and the only change he's brought is to put us in a deeper hole!
Not to mention the negativity and polarization his presidency has caused - and not because he's one-half African-American. He has denigrated our country to the entire world, he's achieved very little of positive result (especially compared to all he promised). He even said if he didn't succeed, he would be a one-term president. I know you all blame it on Bush - it was so much worse than he thought - yada, yada, yada. But he's been in office for almost 4 years, with a democrat congress for two, and where are we now? Certainly not any better, and in many respects we're worse off than we were four years ago. I know I am and many around me are -- small businesses I know are closing, industry has slowed.
I am trying to be objective - I am the true definition of a moderate. I do look at all positions and make my decisions. I know it's not all his fault. But it's not all the republicans' fault either. There is so much gray area, but all you see is black and white (no pun intended!). It's all "their" fault - not "your" fault at all -- you could never do anything wrong.
I wish you could step back and remove yourself from it for awhile and truly try to look at it from another perspective. But it doesn't seem that you're capable of that.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#24712 Jun 7, 2012
funny how "they all" jump to insults and finger pointing as soon as they are flustered...
"Any fool can criticize, complain, condemn, and most fools do." - Anon

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#24713 Jun 7, 2012
Bush raised the national debt by $4.8Tr in 8 years while spending $794.7B on the wars. Obama has spent $452.1B on the wars and the national debt has increased by $5.1Tr as of 2:30PM EST today. Even without the wars Obama has outspent Bushes entire 8 years in less than half the time. No spin, no BS here it is in black and white.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#24715 Jun 7, 2012
Hunglo wrote:
Bush raised the national debt by $4.8Tr in 8 years while spending $794.7B on the wars. Obama has spent $452.1B on the wars and the national debt has increased by $5.1Tr as of 2:30PM EST today. Even without the wars Obama has outspent Bushes entire 8 years in less than half the time. No spin, no BS here it is in black and white.
Thank you. While I do believe you're accurate, many on here would like to know where these facts come from.

Level 4

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#24718 Jun 7, 2012
Hunglo wrote:
I like how you tried to forward an argument by posting the Constitution, like a Constitutional professor (which the President just so happens to be) wouldn't know the Constitution front-to-back-and-back again.

That's like saying the Republicans don't now how to LIE.

Level 6

#24719 Jun 7, 2012
just an allusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I like how you tried to forward an argument by posting the Constitution, like a Constitutional professor (which the President just so happens to be) wouldn't know the Constitution front-to-back-and-back again.
And I love how you try to deflect the conversation away from the facts by bringing up a post I made more than a month ago. Let's not forget that Constitutional Professor in Chief has stated that he feels the Constitution is fundamentally flawed, since you brought it up.

“If You Have It, ”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

A Truck Brought It

#24721 Jun 7, 2012
just an allusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats why its gonna be even funnier when Obamacare is found....wait for it...... UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!!!!

Level 6

#24722 Jun 7, 2012
just an allusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Obama was never a Professor of Constitutional Law, he was a lecturer.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#24723 Jun 7, 2012
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! "Spin & Lies"!!! You're the goddam dumbass that said, and I quote, "Obama has spent less than any President in history". LMFAO!!! GWB added 2 TRILLION in 8 years. Your butt buddy/meal ticket Obummer has added 5 TRILLION in 3 and a half years.
Lie much, fcuktard? You're almost worse than the little Fairyman...
If this is all true, jitbag, then why are you so upset and abusive? Hopefully that little outburst helped you get your rocks off. Not to mention the skuzzball impression you make. Credible, thinking people who matter, or make a difference, do not behave in that way.
Oh, and BTW, you totally screwed yourself with this one:
"You're the goddam dumbass that said, and I quote,'Obama has spent less than any President in history'."
My exact words were:“The real FACT is that President Obama's administration has spent less than any administration in the last 6 decades. That's 60 years…”
Spin and lies, as usual, and you show it. You really suck at it, too, doofus!! I would imagine that the rest of your repugnantcan buddies cringe everytime you open your literal mouth.
ROFLMFAO!!!

“have seen the years,”

#24724 Jun 7, 2012
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been some other problems during these last 11 years -- what about the banking industry? Barney Frank and Maxine Waters were adamant that there needed to be no more regulations on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (even Clinton admitted there should have been -- that it should have happened in his administration). That led to a large part of our economic problems, and had a huge negative impact on the middle class.
War cost us money, yes, but wartime economies are typically healthy -- it's really no different than what Obama wants. He wants the government to support each person. It does support the military. It's totally against all libs ideals, but if you think about it, the military is an arm of the government and the libs are all about big government.
Regardless, there have been many problems and Obama has spent so much money that you can't just blame the economic problems on the war. But you will continue to do so.
I can't believe the left won't even admit they have any hand in our current situations. I admit that the problems are complex and have occurred over time and over many administrations - left and right. Anyone who believes otherwise is not looking at it from all perspectives. Just drinking the koolaid from the mainstream media and the Obama playbook.
You are wrong. Our current situations are totally and completely due to the lying, cheating, spinning and stealing repugnantcans. That is what I think and there is nothing you can do to change that. Frankly, what you think is of no concern at all to me.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#24725 Jun 7, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
REPUBLICAN SENATORS KILL PROPOSAL FOR EQUAL PAY......Yes, you can feel the electricity in the air, as the GOP decides, a savvy move in an election year, would be to screw over the WOMEN VOTERS.......Never a dull moment in the Capitol....
"The Paycheck Fairness Act, sponsored by Sen. Barbara Mikulski, D-Md., would require employers to prove that differences in pay are based on qualifications, education and other "bona fides" not related to gender. It also would prohibit employers from retaliating against employees who ask about, discuss or disclose wages in response to a complaint or investigation. And it would make employers who violate sex-discrimination laws liable for compensatory or punitive damages.

"Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky said the bill opened the door to more lawsuits against employers.

"We don't think America suffers from a lack of litigation," McConnell said. "We have a jobless problem. We have a debt problem. We have a deficit problem. We got a lot of problems. Not enough lawsuits is not one of them."
------
In short, the bill does NOTHING for paycheck 'fairness'-- it merely expands the opportunity for lawyers to make lots more money in litigation that they can just as effectively pursue now.

“have seen the years,”

#24726 Jun 7, 2012
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress had the same information Bush did and agreed with the war. That's a known fact that few libs seem to remember.
Do you honestly believe the mainstream media and the liberal agenda drivers don't spin - if not outright lie - to impress their position on the public? If you can't admit there is spin to be found everywhere, then you're delusional. You're totally drinking the koolaid.
And if Obama had presented anything but completely extreme proposals, it might have been discussed. And don't forget he shut out the republicans time and time again. But like I have said before, that is a major problem with government - no "side" wants the other "side" to have any credit for anything good, so I agree with you about that -- but not that it is only the right causing those problems. The president puts forth very extreme proposals, and even those in his own party have said no on many occasions. Part of the reason he puts forth those extreme proposals is, knowing he'll get shot down, he can blame the right for not going along.
This happens from both parties, I know. But apparently the libs, and you, aren't willing to admit that.
As I have said multiple times, we need our leaders to LEAD, not just try to "one up" the opposition. All we have are politicians who are jockeying to be elected again (first and foremost) and make sure their side wins in the end.
I don't want our country to go to the extreme left, neither do I want our country to go to the extreme right. Someone has to step up and lead. We have to find common ground and begin from there, but that won't happen until we have elected officials who have, first and foremost, at their very core, the interest of our country at heart. Unfortunately, the people who sincerely have those desires have no interest in participating in our current system of government.
You may be getting slightly closer but I still think you are sadly mistaken. This country was at the right for a long time based on unbridled lying, cheating, stealing and spinning. As far as I am concerned, the only acceptable common ground is the extreme proposals that the President will continue to make. You are kidding yourself if you really think that he has the time or desire to give a thought to one-upping the opposition. Hell, the last thing he is, is stupid. Mr. Obama offered the repugnantcans 10-to-1 spending cuts for tax increases and they said "NO!". Why? Because their only goal or 'concern' is to make Obama a one-term president and many of them expressed that to the media and on-the-record, including Boehner & McConnell. That sucks and it is wrong and they don't care. Is that what you call honor and integrity and elected officials having the interest of our country at heart? Hardly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 11 min Finny Ferret Got ... 22,848
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 14 min SweLL GirL 36,740
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 17 min SweLL GirL 33,170
Poll How often do you 'check in' on Topix forums? (Oct '07) 31 min FinnyFerret Needs... 1,611
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 32 min Camilla 3,572
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 36 min FinnyFerret Needs... 4,279
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 40 min rainmaker2016 12,007
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr RACY_MEAN_DISAGREE 75,991
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 hr Crazy Beautiful 218,627
More from around the web