Miscommunication over phone leads to ...

Miscommunication over phone leads to police response

Posted in the Weird Forum

Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#1 Jan 9, 2014
"SARATOGA SPRINGS A miscommunication sent police to a city home Thursday afternoon when someone thought a man was holding a gun to a woman's head in a West Avenue house, police said.
No one, however, was ever in danger, Lt. Robert Jillson said. The man and woman who live at the home were not there Wednesday and at no time do police believe the man ever put a gun to the woman's head, the police spokesman said.
The strange incident unfolded after an Albany woman listened to a message from the Saratoga Springs woman. In that message, the Albany woman thought she heard the other woman say something indicating the man she lives with was holding a gun to her head, Jillson said.
The Albany woman called Saratoga cops around 12:45 p.m. No one was at the West Avenue home when police got to the scene, Jillson said. Police later spoke with the man and woman and determined that the Albany woman had mistakenly thought there was a potentially deadly situation.
No charges will be pressed, Jillson said."
WTF!? That's crazy, how can someone think that the message said all that? I wonder what the message really said though...

“Sing a song of 6 pence”

Level 7

Since: Jun 12

Pocket full of wry

#2 Jan 9, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
"SARATOGA SPRINGS A miscommunication sent police to a city home Thursday afternoon when someone thought a man was holding a gun to a woman's head in a West Avenue house, police said.
No one, however, was ever in danger, Lt. Robert Jillson said. The man and woman who live at the home were not there Wednesday and at no time do police believe the man ever put a gun to the woman's head, the police spokesman said.
The strange incident unfolded after an Albany woman listened to a message from the Saratoga Springs woman. In that message, the Albany woman thought she heard the other woman say something indicating the man she lives with was holding a gun to her head, Jillson said.
The Albany woman called Saratoga cops around 12:45 p.m. No one was at the West Avenue home when police got to the scene, Jillson said. Police later spoke with the man and woman and determined that the Albany woman had mistakenly thought there was a potentially deadly situation.
No charges will be pressed, Jillson said."
WTF!? That's crazy, how can someone think that the message said all that? I wonder what the message really said though...
I would guess it was something like this;
BEEP! Hello, this is Mrs Sonso. Caught my husband at the titty bar you work in. Wanted to let you know the check for your rent won't go threw. When I get finished killing him, I'm coming after you. Thanks for doing business with us and have a nice day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2,738
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 9,626
I think I'm going to be sick! 14 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2
Write cities alfabetically (tell the country/st... (Sep '11) 27 min Hoosier Hillbilly 3,041
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 28 min honeymylove 150,662
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 30 min honeymylove 6,572
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 32 min Hoosier Hillbilly 38,750
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 31,041
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr xxxooxxx 225,396
Anonymous - Message to Hillary Clinton 6 hr Sublime1 48
More from around the web