“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#172 Sep 26, 2013
Yeah I agree, a noted observer always has interesting points and a quite funny way of making them:)

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#173 Sep 26, 2013
Lylah wrote:
opinion and an argueement is quite thin huh? Done already huh. lol
It's also not my opinion that folks will still get SS checks even with a shut down. It's a fact. Go read the NPR article if you think it is just my opinion.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#174 Sep 26, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! And if they really thought it or anything he does/will do is going to fail, why not just let it fail?
Forty two (and counting) expensive, futile votes against it is not "conservative". It's spending like a drunken sailor.
I agree, look how much they could have got done to get the economy going stronger. All they are doing is hurting all of us..
Hopefully 2014 will be some big changes...

Level 8

Location hidden

#175 Sep 26, 2013
Here's the evil republican food stamp "cuts":

"This is a great example of how and why it is so difficult to cut government spending, and how warped the debate over spending has become. The Republicans want to increase food stamp spending 57 percent. The Democrats had previously planned to increase it by 65 percent (to $764 billion over 10 years instead of the $725 billion in the Republican bill), so they depict the Republicans as “mean-spirited class warriors” seeking “deep cuts.”

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Food-Stamp-C...

Only on planet liberal would a 57% increase in funding be a cut.

Level 6

Location hidden

#176 Sep 26, 2013
I don't click on links. Never will. Sorry:) I don't feel the the need to read some article that someone liked and agreed with and decided to post. No matter what news organization it is from. I read a lot and gather my news from many different kinds of sources.
A noted observer

Schaumburg, IL

#177 Sep 26, 2013
Lylah wrote:
Yeah I agree, a noted observer always has interesting points and a quite funny way of making them:)
<blush!>

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

USA

#178 Sep 26, 2013
They have cut school lunches, meals on wheels for seniors and Wic for pregnant women...not completely but they have been cut.

Some think because these ppl need help it's because they are lazy and won't work when in reality most of these ppl are just working poor and need alittle help.

Did you guys see where the guy who owns Panera Bread is trying to live off of 4.50 a day.

He said he gets in a panic worried he won't have enough food to last him and it's caused fights between him and his wife.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

USA

#179 Sep 26, 2013
Lylah wrote:
I agree..:)
Fur Kinnel

Buffalo, NY

#180 Sep 26, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Here's the evil republican food stamp "cuts":
"This is a great example of how and why it is so difficult to cut government spending, and how warped the debate over spending has become. The Republicans want to increase food stamp spending 57 percent. The Democrats had previously planned to increase it by 65 percent (to $764 billion over 10 years instead of the $725 billion in the Republican bill), so they depict the Republicans as “mean-spirited class warriors” seeking “deep cuts.”
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Food-Stamp-C...
Only on planet liberal would a 57% increase in funding be a cut.
aye lassie how du wee get a wee less posts out a ye to equal 57% less a ye poutin? ye tired n ye borin no matter wot

Level 8

Location hidden

#181 Sep 26, 2013
Lylah wrote:
I don't click on links. Never will. Sorry:) I don't feel the the need to read some article that someone liked and agreed with and decided to post. No matter what news organization it is from. I read a lot and gather my news from many different kinds of sources.
Since you are so well informed and gather lots of news, why don't you do us a favor and post an article from one of your many new sources that says Social Security checks will no longer be issued?

Level 8

Location hidden

#182 Sep 26, 2013
Lylah wrote:
I don't feel the the need to read
Yes, we know.
fur kinnel

Buffalo, NY

#183 Sep 26, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we know.
changin post content, a sure sign ye lost lassie.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#184 Sep 26, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, it means something. It means that we are not discussing and never have been discussing, the discussion you keep on insisting we are discussing (say that ten times fast).
You keep saying we are talking republican vs. republican. Uh, no we are not and we never have. Everytime you’ve mentioned it, I’ve said it’s not really relevant and have not discussed it with you.
If you want to discuss republican vs. republican, I suggest you make a new thread entitled accordingly. This thread is not related to that topic and I don’t really see why it is relevant to the underlying discussion.
If you are having a hard time understanding what I just said, I suggest you read it a few times really slow. You don’t seem to be getting it.
<quoted text>
There is nothing to counter. You’ve relied on faulty assumptions. Even minorities and women are not going to want to have the shyte taxed out of them.
Right now, all the excess unsustainable spending is hidden and passed off in the form of debt and folks aren’t feeling it. Eventually it will come time to pay the piper. All republicans need to do is sit back, stick to their principals, and point their fingers and say I told you so, when democrats drive the country off the cliff.
<quoted text>
I’ve already covered this.
National polls on this issue mean very little in the context of the house of representatives. Say, for example, I’m a Virginia Foxx, who is a republican and a woman <gasp> from the 5th Congressional District of NC ... do you really think I give a flying f’ about the results of some national poll influenced by liberals on the coasts and liberals in the big city? Nope, I care about what my district back home thinks and what I think is the right thing to do.
Given this dynamic, house republicans have very little reason to cave to what national polls say. They represent the people in their districts, not national consensus. Before you get up in arm and start calling these folks traitors for not following national consensus, I point out that if politicians were expected to do what the national consensus dictated, we wouldn't have Obamacare in the first place. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
Your posting filibuster -- much like Cruz's non-filibuster speech -- is going nowhere. Bottom line, Buster, is, no your diatribes are going nowhere as well.
Why? Because of the underlying dynamics you're denying. Smart people (unlike the dumbazz Democrats you're posting with and God knows how many dumbazz Independents too) like Senator McConnell said "We're not defunding Obamacare". There were several other Republican law-makers weighing on the folly, as has already been referenced.
And, yesterday on the floor of the Senate Sen. Coats (one of the very smartest Republicans *rolls eyes*(R)-IN said [pertaining to defunding Obamacare] "We don't have the votes to defeat it. We would need 13 Democrats to come across the aisle to support a sure veto by the president, should five of our friends decide to support us in this effort. The reality is that we will need 13 Democrats to override a presidential veto, and I don't think we're going to get though. In fact, I'm sure that we won't."
Let THAT sink in.
Previously, it was referenced that other Republicans weighed in on Cruz's "dead in the water" initiative.
You refusing to read the polls "tea leaves" that Americans are not in favor of having government shutdown tied to defunding Obamacare is on you. The people do NOT want a government shutdown.
And that smacks of Romney/Ryan only believing their poll numbers, and got a "Survivor-type" blind-side from their own ignorance.
But maybe you being the smartest poster here from a pivotal district in the state (and great state, like all of them) of North Carolina will have the 'juice' to overcome the national tea leaves all of the politicians read. As with delusions of Cruz et al., that must be some magic Tea.

Level 8

Location hidden

#185 Sep 26, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
They have cut school lunches, meals on wheels for seniors and Wic for pregnant women...not completely but they have been cut.

Some think because these ppl need help it's because they are lazy and won't work when in reality most of these ppl are just working poor and need alittle help.

Did you guys see where the guy who owns Panera Bread is trying to live off of 4.50 a day.

He said he gets in a panic worried he won't have enough food to last him and it's caused fights between him and his wife.
$4.50 a day to help you buy food is "a little help." Food stamps were never intended to pay for $100 percent of folks food whereby they could eat steak and lobster every night on taxpayers dime.

In fact, it's called SNAP for a reason. The "S" stands for "Supplemental."

Have you ever wondered why the call it "Supplemental" and not "Complete?" It's called "Supplemental" and not "Complete," because it is designed and intended to supplement your nutrition, not provide 100% of it, such that you never have to do anything to eat well if you just don't feel like doing anything.

Believe it or not, grown adults actually need to share some of the responsibility for feeding themselves. OMG the horror! What a terrible world we live in!
A noted observer

Schaumburg, IL

#186 Sep 26, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
The *lazy* accusation really floors me as most of the welfare recipients are children, disabled or seniors- people who can't or are limited in work. Millions more are working poor- like millions of Walmart workers. Imagine how much less welfare we would need to provide if huge corporations like Walmart and McDonalds paid living wages!

Lest anyone think that would be a burden on these corporations or that they'd be *forced* to jack up prices; if their labor costs have remained so low for decades, why haven't their prices remained low for decades? In Walmart's case they make billions in profits. If they can't stay in business paying a living wage and can't- as the nations largest employer- "afford" a healthcare plan for their workers, they have no business being in business.

Level 8

Location hidden

#187 Sep 26, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>Your posting filibuster -- much like Cruz's non-filibuster speech -- is going nowhere. Bottom line, Buster, is, no your diatribes are going nowhere as well.
Why? Because of the underlying dynamics you're denying. Smart people (unlike the dumbazz Democrats you're posting with and God knows how many dumbazz Independents too) like Senator McConnell said "We're not defunding Obamacare". There were several other Republican law-makers weighing on the folly, as has already been referenced.
And, yesterday on the floor of the Senate Sen. Coats (one of the very smartest Republicans *rolls eyes*(R)-IN said [pertaining to defunding Obamacare] "We don't have the votes to defeat it. We would need 13 Democrats to come across the aisle to support a sure veto by the president, should five of our friends decide to support us in this effort. The reality is that we will need 13 Democrats to override a presidential veto, and I don't think we're going to get though. In fact, I'm sure that we won't."
Let THAT sink in.
Previously, it was referenced that other Republicans weighed in on Cruz's "dead in the water" initiative.
You refusing to read the polls "tea leaves" that Americans are not in favor of having government shutdown tied to defunding Obamacare is on you. The people do NOT want a government shutdown.
And that smacks of Romney/Ryan only believing their poll numbers, and got a "Survivor-type" blind-side from their own ignorance.
But maybe you being the smartest poster here from a pivotal district in the state (and great state, like all of them) of North Carolina will have the 'juice' to overcome the national tea leaves all of the politicians read. As with delusions of Cruz et al., that must be some magic Tea.
I don't see the point of what Cruz did. Seems like more of a publicity stunt to me. It accomplished nothing. I've never said anything in support of his conduct on here or to anyone.

If the people don't want a shut down maybe Obama and the dems shouldn't shut the government down if they care about what the American people think. They are the ones who are shutting it down, unless they get obamacare funded. What will they do next ... demand another entitlement program and shut down the government if they don't get it? Horrible precedent, I say. Downright unAmerican!!

:D
A noted observer

Schaumburg, IL

#188 Sep 26, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posting filibuster -- much like Cruz's non-filibuster speech -- is going nowhere. Bottom line, Buster, is, no your diatribes are going nowhere as well.
Let THAT sink in.
WELL SAID!!

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#189 Sep 26, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are so well informed and gather lots of news, why don't you do us a favor and post an article from one of your many new sources that says Social Security checks will no longer be issued?
"She" doesn't have one, because it's not true.
A noted observer

Schaumburg, IL

#190 Sep 26, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
$4.50 a day to help you buy food is "a little help." Food stamps were never intended to pay for $100 percent of folks food whereby they could eat steak and lobster every night on taxpayers dime.
In fact, it's called SNAP for a reason. The "S" stands for "Supplemental."
Have you ever wondered why the call it "Supplemental" and not "Complete?" It's called "Supplemental" and not "Complete," because it is designed and intended to supplement your nutrition, not provide 100% of it, such that you never have to do anything to eat well if you just don't feel like doing anything.
Believe it or not, grown adults actually need to share some of the responsibility for feeding themselves. OMG the horror! What a terrible world we live in!
Steak and lobster on $4.50 a day???
I think your IQ and Economics are in the 50's.

Level 6

Location hidden

#191 Sep 26, 2013
Again sublime very ignorant to make a statement about someone not being able to read on a site full of words...lmmfao

Your a slow one huh?? Ugh.

And editing my statement is almost as lame as posting links to articles u read. Again. Lol. Bless ur heart...and all that implys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 7 min Jennifer Renee 7,817
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Bree_Z 152,879
how to forget a person u love but has hurt u? (Apr '11) 12 min Roxie Darling 294
Happy New Year 2015 16 min Spirit67_ 18
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 23 min dirtclod 134,519
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 25 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,428
True or False Game 30 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,312
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 37,788
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Lea- 26,019
Is it possible to....... 1 hr Laughing Out Loud 615
More from around the web