Do you support defunding Obamacare if...

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#104 Sep 25, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
IQ tests are meaningful and do measure something, namely the ability to perform IQ tests, but this has no bearing on intelligence.
"FACT"
Take the common sense test and see how you fare?
It would say it is one aspect of intelligence. There are many aspects to intelligence, however.

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosierville

#105 Sep 25, 2013
fool me once shame on you -fool me twice shame on me

Answer: The first time you have been fooled, you can be forgiven as it being unexpected. The second time you have been fooled means you are foolish for falling for it AGAIN!

Level 8

Hoosierville

#106 Sep 25, 2013
DIDN"T HAPPEN!

Level 8

Location hidden

#107 Sep 25, 2013
This just in wrote:
<quoted text>What an odd question.
It not odd at all.

You suggested that folks in a number of states had low IQs because they live in states that are not very wealthy.

I simply wanted to know what your IQ might be, since you seem to think you are much smarter than the folks in the states you mentioned.

“Happiness is a warm gun”

Since: Nov 09

Hey Bungalow Bill, waddya kill

#108 Sep 25, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you see the title of the thread? What does it say? Maybe you should read it a few times, let it sink in, and realize that this thread is not about republican vs. republican. You keep trying to make something out of it, but I’ve said it is completely irrelevant.
If Obamacare is to be repealed, it will be because of the house and the house republicans are united, as of now. All they must do is stick together and they can do the job they were elected to do, which is gut the ACA. And infighting or not, national polls or not, I assure you the house is quite safely in republican hands and will continue to be even after midterm elections.
Who gives a f' if they pi$s off a bunch of whiny liberals on the coasts and folks with entitlement issues in big cities ... those folks are never going to vote republican regardless of what they do. Case in point, almost every big city is controlled by dems and by and large they are the most corrupt, inefficient, bloated government entities in our nation.
Also, it goes to show how little you know … this isn’t just a tea-party issue. Most folks do not support Obamacare (52% are against it, whereas 42 are in favor). Are you telling me 52% of folks are tea party members?
Wanna talk about women, well, again it goes to show how little you know:“Support for the law is greater among men than women; while 46 percent of men support, it drops to 38 percent of women.” Are you telling me the 62% of women who do not support Obamacare are tea party members?
"Do you support defunding Obamacare if it's tied to a government shutdown?" Once the discussion illuminated the futility of the House actions and Ted Cruz' early promotion for campaign 2016, it certainly did seque into "Republican vs.(Tea Party) Republican" And rightly so.

"You keep trying to make something out of it, but I’ve said it is completely irrelevant." Which means ... anything?

Nothing you've countered with counters with Republicans are facing demographically/politically long-term. But we'll indulge the immediate:

""If Obamacare is to be repealed, it will be because of the house and the house republicans are united, as of now." You're not liking how the system works. The House is just a leg in the tripod of Executive, Senate, and House. So where are they going with a) government shutdownd and 2) repeal/de-funding of Obamacare.

Polls do show folk are not liking Obamacare. "“Support for the law is greater among men than women; while 46 percent of men support, it drops to 38 percent of women.” Saw the ABC article about this. However, for intellectual honesty, don't play a simple trick and subtract 38% from 100%. There is more than likely the 'no opinion'.

Since the Republicans (and the Tea Party reveled in it) tied Obamacare funding and government shutdown lets see some polls about how Americans like government shutdown coupled with defunding Obamacare:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/09/23/poll...

https://www.google.com/search...

Level 8

Hoosierville

#109 Sep 25, 2013
Why'd McConnell crawfish?
What's Mitch's bitch?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 8

Location hidden

#110 Sep 25, 2013
This just in wrote:
<quoted text>Wealth and income are 2 different things. There are at least 50 other documents Googled that state that there is a correlation between IQ and income, that generally higher IQs make more money and that the correlation between IQ and wealth are all over the board. Some dingaling born into wealth, well, he's wealthy but not smart.
Go figure.
Have a good one.
Yes, but you can be very smart and not make a lot of money, for a lot of reasons. If we just used wealth as an indication of intelligence, you would figure most 3rd world countries are populated mostly by complete morons. That’s not true.

There are so many variables at play. A few that come to mind at the top of my head are: an opportunity component (you can be the smartest person in the world, but if there are no opportunities wealth is not attainable), there is an ambition component (you can be the smartest person in the world, but if you don’t put in the effort you will get nowhere or if you dream small and sell yourself short), there is a self-esteem component (you can be very smart, but if you don’t know that and don’t have positive role models, this can lead to you selling yourself short), and there is even a values component (some people, including myself, prefer balance and quality of life to maximizing earning potential at all cost … that has nothing to do with intelligence, but preference).

Do you really think someone growing up in the back hills of Tennessee has the same goals in life and aspirations as say someone who lives in California and whose dad is a Hollywood producer? Any achievement difference between the two will likely will have nothing to do with IQ. That’s a big problem in society. We need to do a better job as a society of getting all people, regardless of what station in life they were born to, to dream big and strive for achievement.

Level 8

Location hidden

#113 Sep 25, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s a big problem in society. We need to do a better job as a society of getting all people, regardless of what station in life they were born to, to dream big and strive for achievement.
Folks from Asian societies are a perfect illustration of this. They do very well here, generally speaking. This is attributable to their value system, however. They don't aspire to JUST graduate high school. They aspire to be engineers, doctors, entrepreneurs. Achievement is stressed at the family level, from a very early age.

In contrast, many other folks think, well a dr ... that's something someone else does who is really smart ... i could never be that or do that. If you think like that, you've just sold yourself short. You can't achieve something if you don't have it as a goal to achieve that something. You can't achieve something if you think that is something that only other folks can do, and not you. It's not even possible. Things don't just fall into your lap. Folks don't just hand you things.

Better to dream big, try to achieve your dream, and fail to achieve your dream, than to sell yourself short, dream small and achieve it, IMO.
A Noted Observer

Schaumburg, IL

#115 Sep 25, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but you can be very smart and not make a lot of money, for a lot of reasons. If we just used wealth as an indication of intelligence, you would figure most 3rd world countries are populated mostly by complete morons. That’s not true.
There are so many variables at play. A few that come to mind at the top of my head are: an opportunity component (you can be the smartest person in the world, but if there are no opportunities wealth is not attainable), there is an ambition component (you can be the smartest person in the world, but if you don’t put in the effort you will get nowhere or if you dream small and sell yourself short), there is a self-esteem component (you can be very smart, but if you don’t know that and don’t have positive role models, this can lead to you selling yourself short), and there is even a values component (some people, including myself, prefer balance and quality of life to maximizing earning potential at all cost … that has nothing to do with intelligence, but preference).
Do you really think someone growing up in the back hills of Tennessee has the same goals in life and aspirations as say someone who lives in California and whose dad is a Hollywood producer? Any achievement difference between the two will likely will have nothing to do with IQ. That’s a big problem in society. We need to do a better job as a society of getting all people, regardless of what station in life they were born to, to dream big and strive for achievement.
You disingenuous POS!
Unbelievable! Do you pay any attention at all to your BS?

Level 8

Hoosierville

#116 Sep 25, 2013
Portland sounds off:_not sure if it was authentic or sarcasm but M69 would know!
However could you believe him?
LMAO

Level 8

Location hidden

#117 Sep 25, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do you support defunding Obamacare if it's tied to a government shutdown?" Once the discussion illuminated the futility of the House actions and Ted Cruz' early promotion for campaign 2016, it certainly did seque into "Republican vs.(Tea Party) Republican" And rightly so.
"You keep trying to make something out of it, but I’ve said it is completely irrelevant." Which means ... anything?
Oh, it means something. It means that we are not discussing and never have been discussing, the discussion you keep on insisting we are discussing (say that ten times fast).

You keep saying we are talking republican vs. republican. Uh, no we are not and we never have. Everytime you’ve mentioned it, I’ve said it’s not really relevant and have not discussed it with you.

If you want to discuss republican vs. republican, I suggest you make a new thread entitled accordingly. This thread is not related to that topic and I don’t really see why it is relevant to the underlying discussion.

If you are having a hard time understanding what I just said, I suggest you read it a few times really slow. You don’t seem to be getting it.
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing you've countered with counters with Republicans are facing demographically/politically long-term.
There is nothing to counter. You’ve relied on faulty assumptions. Even minorities and women are not going to want to have the shyte taxed out of them.

Right now, all the excess unsustainable spending is hidden and passed off in the form of debt and folks aren’t feeling it. Eventually it will come time to pay the piper. All republicans need to do is sit back, stick to their principals, and point their fingers and say I told you so, when democrats drive the country off the cliff.
Deer Whisperer wrote:
I’ve already covered this.

National polls on this issue mean very little in the context of the house of representatives. Say, for example, I’m a Virginia Foxx, who is a republican and a woman <gasp> from the 5th Congressional District of NC ... do you really think I give a flying f’ about the results of some national poll influenced by liberals on the coasts and liberals in the big city? Nope, I care about what my district back home thinks and what I think is the right thing to do.

Given this dynamic, house republicans have very little reason to cave to what national polls say. They represent the people in their districts, not national consensus. Before you get up in arm and start calling these folks traitors for not following national consensus, I point out that if politicians were expected to do what the national consensus dictated, we wouldn't have Obamacare in the first place. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#118 Sep 25, 2013
Defund it.

;-)

Level 8

Location hidden

#119 Sep 25, 2013
Goat Path wrote:
<quoted text>So what you're saying is, social programs to feed, enlighten and educate are a good thing?
They can be, but not the way they are currently implemented. You of course need a safety net. However, you can have a safety net with accountability.

Many of our programs are not helping hands … they are a way of life … they perpetuate the cycle … they enable ... they reward and encourage poor decisions making.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#120 Sep 25, 2013
He can't seem to make up his mind whether Oblunder is a tax or not:

http://www.atr.org/obama-obamacare-raise-taxe...

Level 8

Location hidden

#121 Sep 25, 2013
A Noted Observer wrote:
<quoted text>You disingenuous POS!
Unbelievable! Do you pay any attention at all to your BS?
I must have made some really good points for you to only come back with name calling and personal attacks. LMFAO

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure it is a sure sign of a very low IQ when a person can only name call and is incapable of making intelligent thoughtful rebuttals.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#122 Sep 25, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
He can't seem to make up his mind whether Oblunder is a tax or not:
http://www.atr.org/obama-obamacare-raise-taxe...
Obluncer"care".
A Noted Observer

Schaumburg, IL

#123 Sep 25, 2013
Of course, raising the minimum wage to a living wage would get millions of the working poor off of welfare BUT, it would put a burden on our nation's billionaire corporations rather than on the taxpayers. Golly- what to do????
A Noted Observer

Schaumburg, IL

#124 Sep 25, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I must have made some really good points for you to only come back with name calling and personal attacks. LMFAO
Incidentally, I'm pretty sure it is a sure sign of a very low IQ when a person can only name call and is incapable of making intelligent thoughtful rebuttals.
No and no.
A Noted Observer

Schaumburg, IL

#125 Sep 25, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obluncer"care".
Please quit drinking!

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Chicago, IL

#126 Sep 25, 2013
If the Senate's healthcare is so great, why is it Harry Reid can't get his head extracted from his ass?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min Ricky F 197,613
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min The Northener 205,061
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 5 min Mila Beaujolais 19,833
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 8 min Calisportsgirl 5,183
One Word (Jan '09) 10 min Calisportsgirl 17,112
Word Association (Mar '10) 10 min Calisportsgirl 21,116
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 13 min wichita-rick 4,305
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr former smoker 33,254
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr Northbound 59,844
News Couple claims dog murdered over Clinton sign 4 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 42
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 7 hr A TROLL NAMED SLACK 8,858
More from around the web