Do you support defunding Obamacare if it's tied to a government shutdown?

Posted in the Weird Forum

Comments (Page 29)

Showing posts 561 - 580 of659
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful Perse!!! Don't provoke him!!! I think that was just a one time get out of jail card he gave you. I'm not sure he has it in him to show restraint and respect your long tenure once more! No, no, there might not be any upside to doing that! If you aren't careful, many paragraphs of childish insults, like poopy head and big dummy head, will be in your future.
If ever there was a legend in is own mind and someone with an over-inflated sense of the impact his insults have on others...
Have a good night, Perse.
:D
:)

Good night.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Then I demand you identify yourself! Your papers please.
Ask the dirty cop...

“McVeigh | Bundy bunch ”

Since: Nov 09

anti-American terrorists too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Eduardo Porter NY Times wrote:
<quoted text>OK, seems I'll edumacate you here too. All 3 branches of Government (Federal, State and Local) contribute to education funding. If more was spent on said funding, instead of another air craft carrier, that would free of tax dollars within the school districts allowing them to pay teachers more, and more importantly, retain the really good ones.
I realize the Republicans are not the party of intellect but hey, as a nation our test scores are plummeting. It will catch up one day and be a problem. Apparently in Louisiana it has.
Good post! I knew I could count on you, buck'O (respect to E. Weaver) ;)

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Her parents had democrats beat her with sticks as a toddler to make her mean. It worked.
The Rabid Rabbit I presume?

Did you know there isn't a full reimbursement on Medicaid and docs don't have to see YOU? ahahaha

“McVeigh | Bundy bunch ”

Since: Nov 09

anti-American terrorists too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

_Susan_ wrote:
Wow, do folks really follow other folks around just to prove a point. Don't you have better things to do with your time?
And you are not?!

Level 9

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are not?!
Umm, I started posting here because it seemed as if there might have been some kind of discussion going. And I was answering someone's post.

Then it devolved into name calling and meanness.

How am I following folks and name calling? I had hoped to continue an interesting discussion.

Oops forgot, this is Topix. Thanks though Deer Whisperer.
A noted observer

Bartlett, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Eduardo Porter NY Times wrote:
<quoted text>Fear. Fear of their own constituents actually partaking and finding out it's a good thing and not bad and that it came via Obama.
Exactly. A smart party, if it was true they knew something like ACA would fail, would LET it fail. They would walk away with both houses and then the next presidency too! Why didn't the repubs do this if they are so sure it would fail?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. A smart party, if it was true they knew something like ACA would fail, would LET it fail. They would walk away with both houses and then the next presidency too! Why didn't the repubs do this if they are so sure it would fail?
The GOP's greatest fear is that Obamacare will succeed.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. A smart party, if it was true they knew something like ACA would fail, would LET it fail. They would walk away with both houses and then the next presidency too! Why didn't the repubs do this if they are so sure it would fail?
Might as well ask why Harry Reid won't let the Senate vote on things he 'knows' will fail?

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
Might as well ask why Harry Reid won't let the Senate vote on things he 'knows' will fail?
Because the GOP has wasted enough time already.

By contrast, why is Boehner not letting the House vote on things he knows will succeed? Like, say, funding the government.
A noted observer

Bartlett, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
Boner has had the House vote on ACA 42 times now so, he's persistent!

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Because the GOP has wasted enough time already.
By contrast, why is Boehner not letting the House vote on things he knows will succeed? Like, say, funding the government.
He has. Repeatedly. You really need to read more.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
He has. Repeatedly. You really need to read more.
You suit your clown suit. Virtually everyone with a pulse knows that if Boehner were to let the whole House vote on the government funding bill, the shutdown would be over in an hour or two. Have you had yours checked?

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Well, republicans are used to things working right away with no quirks or glitches! Like...um....well...errr....
Zeigheil!
The number 4

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post! I knew I could count on you, buck'O (respect to E. Weaver) ;)
Thanks DW. I'm wearing my Earl Weaver #4 official arm patch as we speak lol (jk).

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You suit your clown suit. Virtually everyone with a pulse knows that if Boehner were to let the whole House vote on the government funding bill, the shutdown would be over in an hour or two. Have you had yours checked?
So tell me. When you pay your personal bills, do you write one big check and send it in someplace to cover all your debts?

How on earth is that the correct way to pay the country's bills? Boehner and the House have wisely offered to pay bills separately. Not refuse to pay. Pay separately.

Accountability: What the Left fears.

Handle the individually-presented items. The shutdown would be over in a few hours.

Pass the legislation proposed a week before the shutdown and there wouldn't even have BEEN a shutdown.

Had Obama resisted his 'I will not negotiate' stance, there would have been no shutdown.

Had Harry Reid resisted his 'We will not negotiate' stance, there would have been no shutdown.

Obama and Reid (and you, apparently) do not understand the concept of checks and balances, or of the 'two party system'. It is not a 'one guy calls all shots' arrangement.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

www.blanketsandstuff.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Medicare also had its problems when it was first introduced. It turned out to be quite successful.
Why are some people so determined to see the Affordable Care Act fail?
All of the lies surrounding Obamacare, for starters. From Obama lying during his first campaign about not having a mandate, right down to it's name, "Affordable Care Act". Has nothing to do with medical care - has to do with forcing folks to purchase a product.
The number 4

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me. When you pay your personal bills, do you write one big check and send it in someplace to cover all your debts?
How on earth is that the correct way to pay the country's bills? Boehner and the House have wisely offered to pay bills separately. Not refuse to pay. Pay separately.
Accountability: What the Left fears.
Handle the individually-presented items. The shutdown would be over in a few hours.
Pass the legislation proposed a week before the shutdown and there wouldn't even have BEEN a shutdown.
Had Obama resisted his 'I will not negotiate' stance, there would have been no shutdown.
Had Harry Reid resisted his 'We will not negotiate' stance, there would have been no shutdown.
Obama and Reid (and you, apparently) do not understand the concept of checks and balances, or of the 'two party system'. It is not a 'one guy calls all shots' arrangement.
Youre so absurd. Sure, refuse to do anything, pout scream and shout, stall the US into a shutdown and only offer to do what needs to be done to get this country back on task as long as the guy you're negotiating with drops a national insurance program, that's law btw, something he's worked for, campaigned for, elected because of, in order to get a few high 5's amongst the tea baggers and racist old timer republicans?

Yeah, real patriotic and real productive. Face it, you don't like a black man in the White House
A noted observer

Bartlett, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

The number 4 wrote:
<quoted text>Youre so absurd. Sure, refuse to do anything, pout scream and shout, stall the US into a shutdown and only offer to do what needs to be done to get this country back on task as long as the guy you're negotiating with drops a national insurance program, that's law btw, something he's worked for, campaigned for, elected because of, in order to get a few high 5's amongst the tea baggers and racist old timer republicans?
Yeah, real patriotic and real productive. Face it, you don't like a black man in the White House
Careful! Republicans DO NOT ALLOW the race card! Or The Bush Card! THIS IS NOT NEGOTIABLE!!!! They will NOT compromise on these things!!

They would be trying to ruin the country no matter which democrat was in the White House. They just love America so much that, if they can't have her- no one can....

“what ever!! ”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

(do not understand the concept of checks and balances, or of the 'two party system'. It is not a 'one guy calls all shots' arrangement.)

Uh clem uh its not a one party get their way or shutdown the govt system either. Smdh

@noted observer ur exactly right. The repubs aren't a smart party. They fear change to much to be logical . They r digging their own grave and the are in the senile stage of their illness. We just have to sit back and watch the train wreak of the grand "old" party.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 561 - 580 of659
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••