“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#667 Oct 10, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Because the GOP has wasted enough time already.
By contrast, why is Boehner not letting the House vote on things he knows will succeed? Like, say, funding the government.
He has. Repeatedly. You really need to read more.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#668 Oct 10, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
He has. Repeatedly. You really need to read more.
You suit your clown suit. Virtually everyone with a pulse knows that if Boehner were to let the whole House vote on the government funding bill, the shutdown would be over in an hour or two. Have you had yours checked?

Level 7

Location hidden

#669 Oct 10, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Well, republicans are used to things working right away with no quirks or glitches! Like...um....well...errr....
Zeigheil!
The number 4

Portland, OR

#670 Oct 10, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post! I knew I could count on you, buck'O (respect to E. Weaver) ;)
Thanks DW. I'm wearing my Earl Weaver #4 official arm patch as we speak lol (jk).

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#671 Oct 10, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You suit your clown suit. Virtually everyone with a pulse knows that if Boehner were to let the whole House vote on the government funding bill, the shutdown would be over in an hour or two. Have you had yours checked?
So tell me. When you pay your personal bills, do you write one big check and send it in someplace to cover all your debts?

How on earth is that the correct way to pay the country's bills? Boehner and the House have wisely offered to pay bills separately. Not refuse to pay. Pay separately.

Accountability: What the Left fears.

Handle the individually-presented items. The shutdown would be over in a few hours.

Pass the legislation proposed a week before the shutdown and there wouldn't even have BEEN a shutdown.

Had Obama resisted his 'I will not negotiate' stance, there would have been no shutdown.

Had Harry Reid resisted his 'We will not negotiate' stance, there would have been no shutdown.

Obama and Reid (and you, apparently) do not understand the concept of checks and balances, or of the 'two party system'. It is not a 'one guy calls all shots' arrangement.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#672 Oct 10, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Medicare also had its problems when it was first introduced. It turned out to be quite successful.
Why are some people so determined to see the Affordable Care Act fail?
All of the lies surrounding Obamacare, for starters. From Obama lying during his first campaign about not having a mandate, right down to it's name, "Affordable Care Act". Has nothing to do with medical care - has to do with forcing folks to purchase a product.
The number 4

Portland, OR

#673 Oct 10, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me. When you pay your personal bills, do you write one big check and send it in someplace to cover all your debts?
How on earth is that the correct way to pay the country's bills? Boehner and the House have wisely offered to pay bills separately. Not refuse to pay. Pay separately.
Handle the individually-presented items. The shutdown would be over in a few hours.
Pass the legislation proposed a week before the shutdown and there wouldn't even have BEEN a shutdown.
Had Obama resisted his 'I will not negotiate' stance, there would have been no shutdown.
Had Harry Reid resisted his 'We will not negotiate' stance, there would have been no shutdown.
Obama and Reid (and you, apparently) do not understand the concept of checks and balances, or of the 'two party system'. It is not a 'one guy calls all shots' arrangement.
Youre so absurd. Sure, refuse to do anything, pout scream and shout, stall the US into a shutdown and only offer to do what needs to be done to get this country back on task as long as the guy you're negotiating with drops a national insurance program, that's law btw, something he's worked for, campaigned for, elected because of, in order to get a few high 5's amongst the tea baggers and racist old timer republicans?

Yeah, real patriotic and real productive. Face it, you don't like a black man in the White House
A noted observer

Roselle, IL

#674 Oct 10, 2013
The number 4 wrote:
<quoted text>Youre so absurd. Sure, refuse to do anything, pout scream and shout, stall the US into a shutdown and only offer to do what needs to be done to get this country back on task as long as the guy you're negotiating with drops a national insurance program, that's law btw, something he's worked for, campaigned for, elected because of, in order to get a few high 5's amongst the tea baggers and racist old timer republicans?
Yeah, real patriotic and real productive. Face it, you don't like a black man in the White House
Careful! Republicans DO NOT ALLOW the race card! Or The Bush Card! THIS IS NOT NEGOTIABLE!!!! They will NOT compromise on these things!!

They would be trying to ruin the country no matter which democrat was in the White House. They just love America so much that, if they can't have her- no one can....

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#675 Oct 10, 2013
(do not understand the concept of checks and balances, or of the 'two party system'. It is not a 'one guy calls all shots' arrangement.)

Uh clem uh its not a one party get their way or shutdown the govt system either. Smdh

@noted observer ur exactly right. The repubs aren't a smart party. They fear change to much to be logical . They r digging their own grave and the are in the senile stage of their illness. We just have to sit back and watch the train wreak of the grand "old" party.

Level 7

Location hidden

#676 Oct 10, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
You are factually wrong and illogical in so many ways, I wouldn't know where to begin. And frankly, I don't think the truth would change your mind.

Level 7

Location hidden

#677 Oct 10, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the lies surrounding Obamacare, for starters. From Obama lying during his first campaign about not having a mandate, right down to it's name, "Affordable Care Act". Has nothing to do with medical care - has to do with forcing folks to purchase a product.
Don't you even realize that if an uninsured person had a serious medical issue and ended up in the ER, the cost would be passed on to you? That's exactly what we have without the mandate to have one's own coverage. It costs each American an average of an extra thousand dollars a year. I didn't know Republicans were that generous to others.

Level 7

Location hidden

#678 Oct 10, 2013
The number 4 wrote:
<quoted text>Youre so absurd. Sure, refuse to do anything, pout scream and shout, stall the US into a shutdown and only offer to do what needs to be done to get this country back on task as long as the guy you're negotiating with drops a national insurance program, that's law btw, something he's worked for, campaigned for, elected because of, in order to get a few high 5's amongst the tea baggers and racist old timer republicans?
Bulls-eye.
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#679 Oct 10, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
hey clown, it was already law!

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#680 Oct 10, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you even realize that if an uninsured person had a serious medical issue and ended up in the ER, the cost would be passed on to you? That's exactly what we have without the mandate to have one's own coverage. It costs each American an average of an extra thousand dollars a year. I didn't know Republicans were that generous to others.
Don't you realize that obama care doesnt get rid of those costs? Besides John Q. Taxpayer paying for a large portion of an individuals policy through supplements, John Q. Taxpayer is also going to be stuck paying the portion of those medical bills that insurance doesnt cover.
The number 4

Portland, OR

#681 Oct 10, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you even realize that if an uninsured person had a serious medical issue and ended up in the ER, the cost would be passed on to you? That's exactly what we have without the mandate to have one's own coverage. It costs each American an average of an extra thousand dollars a year. I didn't know Republicans were that generous to others.
The party of personal responsibility is balking at personal responsibility. I'm surprised Clem isn't in an uproar because he has to buy car insurance. Forced to. Oh my.
The number 4

Portland, OR

#682 Oct 10, 2013
I've said all along, this one <pointing at noogard> doesn't want to buy insurance, he's perfectly happy saddling the American tax payer with his Dr visits
He no understand funding

Portland, OR

#683 Oct 10, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you realize that obama care doesnt get rid of those costs? Besides John Q. Taxpayer paying for a large portion of an individuals policy through supplements, John Q. Taxpayer is also going to be stuck paying the portion of those medical bills that insurance doesnt cover.
So wtf are you complaining about then?! Especially if you're paying for these things now? With hospitals and Drs off the hook the intention is lower healthcare cost for us all. JFC something had to be done.

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#684 Oct 10, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>

.....Obama and Reid (and you, apparently) do not understand the concept of checks and balances, or of the 'two party system'. It is not a 'one guy calls all shots' arrangement.
True. The left wing fascists would rather have ultimate control than compromise. As I recall, some guy tried that over in Germany a few years back......

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#685 Oct 10, 2013
He no understand funding wrote:
<quoted text>So wtf are you complaining about then?! Especially if you're paying for these things now? With hospitals and Drs off the hook the intention is lower healthcare cost for us all. JFC something had to be done.
Never mind. I keep forgetting that you got your GED from a box of Crackerjacks.

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#686 Oct 10, 2013
The number 4 wrote:
I've said all along, this one <pointing at noogard> doesn't want to buy insurance, he's perfectly happy saddling the American tax payer with his Dr visits
You've said lots of things all along. Very few that have made sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why is geno stalking 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 9
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min Hoosier Hillbilly 25,396
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 5 min Spirit67_ 5,976
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 131,733
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 26,669
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 3,960
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 11 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2,924
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min dirty white boy- 152,341
True or False Game 31 min mr goodwrench 1,239
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 1 hr chortle 68
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr dragoon70056 37,713