Do you support defunding Obamacare if...

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#527 Oct 4, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>WAIT- your self-employed buddy raised his OWN premium by 30% because HE decided to lower hid contribution rate and it's OBAMA's fault that he's an idiot??????
It also doesn't matter whether his company paid for him or he paid it, it all comes out of his pocket.

Level 8

Location hidden

#528 Oct 4, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
You long for the "good old days" when insurers could redline folks for pre-existing conditions and kick kids off of their parents' coverage "necause they could?"
I just got done saying, the one aspect of the law I like is that pre-existing conditions cannot result in an exclusion. Can’t you read or can’t you comprehend what you read, which one?

I also don’t consider someone who is 24 or 25 a kid, sorry. I don’t really have a huge problem with that aspect of the law. I’d say I’m indifferent. However, by the time I was 24 I was married and by the time I was 25 I had a kid of my own, and was working as a professional.

Then again, I didn’t spend my late teens and early 20s living in my mom’s basement, smoking bongs, and eating hot pockets, while aspiring to work my way up to the fry cook at McDonalds.
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for confirming your naivete in your post above. If you were actually out in the R W with some of us here, you'd understand that GAAP accounting, in the wrong hands, can blur that stated 80% line to the point of uselessness. Your seeming belief in the benevolence and goodness in the heart of the average Humana Board director is a hoot!
I’ve actually structured Asset Purchase Agreements … I was the guy telling guys like you (actually … I take that back … the guys I worked with were 10 times smarter than you) how we should structure them for tax purposes. I’ve taken many tax courses including courses for an LLM in taxation … LMFAO.

Since you are so knowledgeable in GAAP accounting and I obviously am well versed in tax law, why don’t you get into the nuances and explain to me how GAAP accounting renders the 80% rule useless? This should be entertaining. So, put your money where your mouth is and explain to me why GAAP accounting makes the 80% completely useless. <grabs popcorn>

Furthermore, if the 80% tax law is so useless, why did Obama and the dems include it in the law? You are making them sound like they didn’t know WTF they were doing? Was that your intent?

Level 8

Location hidden

#529 Oct 4, 2013
Chilli must be typing a detailed explanation about why GAAP accounting makes the 80% rule useless. I can't wait to read it! Hurry up ... I'm almost out of popcorn, b1tch! LMFAO

If he is right and is in fact smarter than the dems and Obama, we definitely better repeal that law, cause he's dumber than shyte.
Subtarded

France

#530 Oct 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Chilli must be typing a detailed explanation about why GAAP accounting makes the 80% rule useless. I can't wait to read it! Hurry up ... I'm almost out of popcorn, b1tch! LMFAO
If he is right and is in fact smarter than the dems and Obama, we definitely better repeal that law, cause he's dumber than shyte.
still no one is as dumb as your buddy

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#532 Oct 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got done saying, the one aspect of the law I like is that pre-existing conditions cannot result in an exclusion. Can’t you read or can’t you comprehend what you read, which one?
I also don’t consider someone who is 24 or 25 a kid, sorry. I don’t really have a huge problem with that aspect of the law. I’d say I’m indifferent. However, by the time I was 24 I was married and by the time I was 25 I had a kid of my own, and was working as a professional.
Then again, I didn’t spend my late teens and early 20s living in my mom’s basement, smoking bongs, and eating hot pockets, while aspiring to work my way up to the fry cook at McDonalds.
<quoted text>
I’ve actually structured Asset Purchase Agreements … I was the guy telling guys like you (actually … I take that back … the guys I worked with were 10 times smarter than you) how we should structure them for tax purposes. I’ve taken many tax courses including courses for an LLM in taxation … LMFAO.
Since you are so knowledgeable in GAAP accounting and I obviously am well versed in tax law, why don’t you get into the nuances and explain to me how GAAP accounting renders the 80% rule useless? This should be entertaining. So, put your money where your mouth is and explain to me why GAAP accounting makes the 80% completely useless. <grabs popcorn>
Furthermore, if the 80% tax law is so useless, why did Obama and the dems include it in the law? You are making them sound like they didn’t know WTF they were doing? Was that your intent?
Yeah, I saw your CYA, lame, PC "Gee, I sure like that pre-existing conditions language" comment above, but based on all of your whining about the ACA, it was just more of the written fecal matter you fling here and so you couldn't possibly have meant it. You've "actually structured Asset Purchase Agreements?" Whoop de f n doo, nubie!

I got my JD 30 years ago, followed by my MBA chaser. "I’ve taken many tax courses including courses for an LLM in taxation?" "For" an LLM, or did you actually get a degree? If you did or not, aren't you special? You missed that "Memo" on those transactions between Enron and the "Raptor" entities? Various bean counters blessed them, yeah?

In 30+ years, I've closed complex transactions for up to $150MM each that would've made you run crying for your Mommy. In the 10 years I worked for FDIC, I served on 40+ Boards and wrote/oversaw 10+ Asset Management and Disposition Agreements, w/$5B total assets and $5MM+ total fees per. But you've "structured Asset Purchase Contracts?" LOL

Your skill sets obviously don't support your bloated self-image and many here already know that you suck at self-assessment. Don't be embarrassed! I accept your apology! Keep working hard at your craft and learn, spend a bit less time here maybe, really apply yourself, you might even hope to be me some day, bud! Chilli J...here to help!

Thanks for the laugh! I'll be ignoring your bloviating posts again now! Have a good one!

http://www.nysscpa.org/cpajournal/2003/0403/f...
a noted observer

United States

#534 Oct 4, 2013
Blah blah blah, come on boys, lets make out!

Level 9

Location hidden

#535 Oct 4, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
Last week Sublime was a copyright attorney. Next week- stay tuned!
For all we know, he could be that self-employed business owner/Amway distributor! LMAO

Level 8

Location hidden

#536 Oct 4, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I saw your CYA, lame, PC "Gee, I sure like that pre-existing conditions language" comment above, but based on all of your whining about the ACA, it was just more of the written fecal matter you fling here and so you couldn't possibly have meant it. You've "actually structured Asset Purchase Agreements?" Whoop de f n doo, nubie!
I got my JD 30 years ago, followed by my MBA chaser. "I’ve taken many tax courses including courses for an LLM in taxation?" "For" an LLM, or did you actually get a degree? If you did or not, aren't you special?
Not that it is any of your business, but I didn’t need to complete the LLM … I just needed the courses to give me the know how to structure deals. Once I completed those courses, the other one’s were not going to be useful to me at all… courses like estate and gift and I forget the others … I was like f’ that … I’m not working all day, driving down to Chicago going to school at night, then getting home at 11 or 12 to take courses that would be completely useless to me.

Now, I’m strictly IP, but that was 10 years ago and there were only two of us at a company with now about a billion in annual sales (not huge, but not at all small for an S-Corp manufacturing)… while we used outside firms, we had to be more of a jack of all trades. It was good … I liked the variety … not that I mind what I do now.

Level 8

Location hidden

#537 Oct 4, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed that "Memo" on those transactions between Enron and the "Raptor" entities? Various bean counters blessed them, yeah?
Are you effing kidding me? How are “raptor” entities that are used to shield a company from from mark-to-market losses in its growing equity investment business, related to an insurance company being required to spend 80% of the premiums paid to it on payments to heathcare providers?

FAIL. Dude, those are completely different situations. An insurance company gets X amount of dollars in premiums from insured folks and the IRS looks to see whether they have spent 80% of X amount of dollars paying medical providers. I don’t see how Enron or Raptor entitles have anything to do with this.

Why don’t you enlighten me and splain? You won’t’ cause you can’t. Next time don’t talk out you’re a$s son, and it won’t present me with an opportunity to embarrass you.

Level 9

Location hidden

#539 Oct 4, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>In my lifetime, I've taught Warren Buffet everything he knows, negotiated the resolution to the Cuban Missile crisis, served on 2000 boards, beat the IBM Watson super computer at jeopardy, wrote the screen play for forest gump, made it to the top of Mt Everest with 2 arms tied behind my back in a wheel chair with no guide or assistance, held my breath and swam down to the bottom of the Mariana Trench with only a mask, became the inspiration for the most interesting man in the world, and was the first to fly around the world non-stop in a hot air balloon, without using any fuel, because I blow so much hot air.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahahahahaha
Altering posts? How adult of you! Thanks for conceeding you've lost again, Short Round!
[email protected]
a noted observer

United States

#540 Oct 4, 2013
Subtarded wrote:
<quoted text>still no one is as dumb as your buddy
What's for dinner sweetheart?
Os fan

Portland, OR

#541 Oct 4, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
I got my JD 30 years ago, followed by my MBA chaser. "I’ve taken many tax courses including courses for an LLM in taxation?" "For" an LLM, or did you actually get a degree? If you did or not, aren't you special? You missed that "Memo" on those transactions between Enron and the "Raptor" entities? Various bean counters blessed them, yeah?
In 30+ years, I've closed complex transactions for up to $150MM each that would've made you run crying for your Mommy. In the 10 years I worked for FDIC, I served on 40+ Boards and wrote/oversaw 10+ Asset Management and Disposition Agreements, w/$5B total assets and $5MM+ total fees per. But you've "structured Asset Purchase Contracts?" LOL
Your skill sets obviously don't support your bloated self-image and many here already know that you suck at self-assessment. Don't be embarrassed! I accept your apology! Keep working hard at your craft and learn, spend a bit less time here maybe, really apply yourself, you might even hope to be me some day, bud! Chilli J...here to help!
Thanks for the laugh! I'll be ignoring your bloviating posts again now! Have a good one!
http://www.nysscpa.org/cpajournal/2003/0403/f...
Lol, yeah I just negotiated an asset purchase agreement last week. Ethan Allan delivered it yesterday roflmao. Did he really say that?! Too funny.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Chicago, IL

#542 Oct 4, 2013
I might support Obamacare if it includes coverage for Harry and Barack to have their heads removed from their asses.

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#544 Oct 4, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
I might support Obamacare if it includes coverage for Harry and Barack to have their heads removed from their asses.
I posted this before, but it needs repeating:

Anyone see Barack in the Rose Garden using his laptop to sign up his family for Affordable Care?

No?????

Hmmmmmm ..........
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#545 Oct 4, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
Last week Sublime was a copyright attorney. Next week- stay tuned!
bottom feeders have to pick up what they can

Level 8

Location hidden

#547 Oct 7, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>In my lifetime, I've taught Warren Buffet everything he knows, negotiated the resolution to the Cuban Missile crisis, served on 2000 boards, beat the IBM Watson super computer at jeopardy, wrote the screen play for forest gump, made it to the top of Mt Everest with 2 arms tied behind my back in a wheel chair with no guide or assistance, held my breath and swam down to the bottom of the Mariana Trench with only a mask, became the inspiration for the most interesting man in the world, and was the first to fly around the world non-stop in a hot air balloon, without using any fuel, because I blow so much hot air.
<quoted text>
Altering posts? How adult of you! Thanks for conceeding you've lost again, Short Round!
[email protected]
Translation: Even though you asked me point blank Sublime, I just can't explain how an insurance company could possibly use a raptor entity to escape the 80% Obamacare requirement. I was oh so very wrong and foolish for suggesting such a thing. Thank you for showing me the errors of my way, Sublime. BTW, I just received pointsth, poinths, and more poinths for this post. Tee hee hee.

;p

Level 8

Location hidden

#548 Oct 7, 2013
These two morons voted for Obama twice and one is seeing their insurance going up by $1800 a year and the other by $10,000 a year, lmfao:

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world/ci_24...

"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#549 Oct 7, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
These two morons voted for Obama twice and one is seeing their insurance going up by $1800 a year and the other by $10,000 a year, lmfao:
"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."
That's what they get for not paying attention.

Level 8

Location hidden

#550 Oct 7, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they get for not paying attention.
So many folks vote, but have no idea about the real world implications of what they are voting for. They don't do their homework. They lack the ability to get past media spin. They lack the ability to think critically.

Not only are many individual's insurance costs going up, but our federal government is going to spend over $6000 each year for each of the 27 million who will have insurance under the act.

How does this make healthcare more affordable? If I take a bunch of money from folks and go and use the proceeds to go buy a Lamborghini is that now an affordable car? Using Obamacare logic it is.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#551 Oct 7, 2013
LOL
Sublime1 wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 4 min SUG here 4,235
One Word (Jan '09) 10 min Mega Monster 15,663
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 10 min harleyheadrag 2,338
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 10 min Mega Monster 56,060
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 14 min Grace Nerissa 6,091
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 18 min Princess Hey 2,890
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 19 min harleyheadrag 32,101
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 45 min wichita-rick 190,771
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 hr Princess Hey 144,795
More from around the web