“Happy Halloween”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#495 Oct 3, 2013
Os Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Mine didn't go up 30% and Big Bad Obamacare is looming like a dark cloud <snicker>. Maybe he's a f*n moron for not looking elsewhere?
Like my company did. My premiums are still going up about 15% and I have a crappier plan.

Folks like me have more costly and lesser care and the bottom feeder leeches of society have less costly and better care ... that was what Obamcare was all about, all along, and why so many folks have hated it.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#502 Oct 3, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. Too bad he's not as knowledgeable has the liberal hacks on here.
Even when you tell them of first hand accounts of costs rising astronomically, they still deny it has anything to do with Obamacare and claim they know better. No wonder they voted for him. They probably fall for nigerian prince email scams too.
they spend hours watching boring programs that further brainwash them. They quote both sides and pretend to be political analysts. That's what cracks me up the most, the armchair know it all. I doubt they look at their bills though... that is if they actually have financial responsibilities for those bills.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#503 Oct 3, 2013
Chicago sucks.
:)

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#504 Oct 3, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friends BC/BS went up by over 30%... you have to be a complete f'ing moron to think it has nothing to do with Obamacare. In what other year has anyone's premiums gone up by 30%?
<quoted text>
I don't want a single payer ... I liked my old insurance just fine. Single payer results in rationed care. That's a fact. Just cause some folks want the government to treat them like they are dependents and take care of them, like their mommy and daddy used to, doesn't mean I want that.
<quoted text>
Maybe if you moved off a trailer on a pig farm, you wouldn't smell it.
No, moron, my company dropped BC/BS, went with someone else, still raised my premiums, and I have worse coverage and higher co-pays ... I'm sure they put it out to bid too ... and I'm sure they are paying more themselves too.
Feel free to keep thinking it is just some coincidence that most everyone is experiencing huge cost increases this year that dwarf any previous year and that this has absolutely nothing to do with Obamacare.
"In what other year has anyone's premiums gone up by 30%?" LOL!!!!

"No, moron, my company dropped BC/BS, went with someone else, still raised my premiums, and I have worse coverage and higher co-pays ... I'm sure they put it out to bid too ... and I'm sure they are paying more themselves too." Are you sure? or,

Did your the new insurance provider make it 'sweet' for your company with lower employer contributions than BC/BS?

informs against BS

#505 Oct 3, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Living outside Cincy as a child, I could have been a Reds fan. But,@ the age of 5, I saw Wrigley Field for the first time. The rest, as they say, is history.
How Cubs trashed Santo on baseball thread.

informs against BS

#506 Oct 3, 2013
Os Fan wrote:
<quoted text>It's OK to hate something before it even happens, I guess, but time will tell. If I recall, the basic framework of this program is the same as Herr Romney's Massachusetts plan that worked brilliantly for him. Now of course that masshole Hunglo will come on and tell us it didn't work at all. Ya know, he's the greater authority around here.
And the individual mandate concept coming from ...

a Republican think-tank!

“You think so?”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#507 Oct 3, 2013
Deer Whisperer, A noted observer's experience is similar to mine, all I can remember is eating hot dogs & ice cream and hearing this guy keep saying:
Ice cold HHUUUdddddepole!...(Hudepohl)
It was memorial but I never went back.
My Uncle preferred Wiedemann.
I drank whatever mom & dad did...

PS: See you survived the bash of Deer Whisperer
want-a-be's?

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#510 Oct 3, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>But, can't Sublime keep that expensive insurance and isn't he free to shop around for a more expensive policy since he's so butthurt from having a black man in the White House?
Obama's color has nothing to do with this. Have you ever slept with a big black man?
It's no big deal.
;-)
I bet you're no big deal either.

informs against BS

#511 Oct 3, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Deer Whisperer, A noted observer's experience is similar to mine, all I can remember is eating hot dogs & ice cream and hearing this guy keep saying:
Ice cold HHUUUdddddepole!...(Hudepohl)
It was memorial but I never went back.
My Uncle preferred Wiedemann.
I drank whatever mom & dad did...
PS: See you survived the bash of Deer Whisperer
want-a-be's?
I vaguely remember Hudepohl and Wiedemann commercials on the TV and their availability by their presence in homes of relatives and family friends/acquaintances.

Wiedemann would sometimes be in our fridge. Dad liked a cold beer after outside work on hot days.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#512 Oct 3, 2013
Obamacare is going to be so great. You buy your own healthcare coverage and also one or two other people's too. Like an extended family plan for relatives you didn't even know existed.

It happens to people that win the lottery, too. Once the word gets out they find the have tons of relatives they've never seen before.

Indianapolis, IN

#514 Oct 3, 2013
Like they've been saying from the outset, Obamacare will be fine.

Fine after fine after fine.

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#515 Oct 3, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>How can you post that BS with a straight face?
Oh, you can't....
How did you get Barry's permission to come up for air. At a time like this he needs uninterrupted servicing you ungrateful biotch.

Indianapolis, IN

#516 Oct 3, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you get Barry's permission to come up for air. At a time like this he needs uninterrupted servicing you ungrateful biotch.
What does a ferret say?

Mmmmph, mmmmph, mmmmph.
Sloppy -Kevin-

Los Angeles, CA

#518 Oct 3, 2013
Sloppy Jalopy wrote:
<quoted text>
Aha. I wondered what the c#ck-eating grin on his face was from.
stand down kesla you pooooosey

“Happy Halloween”

Level 8

Location hidden

#520 Oct 4, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your the new insurance provider make it 'sweet' for your company with lower employer contributions than BC/BS?
No, but it's amusing that you pretend to know this happened, when it is something you couldn't possibly know.

Just like my buddy, who is self employed, didn't suddenly have his premium go up by 30% because the company that he owns, decided it would lower the contribution rate for his plan.

All of these costs increases are due to Obamacare. Now you can say, well it is worth it because the bottom feeders need more handouts and it's the right thing to do to make a whole lot of folks pay way more for healthcare so that the bottom feeders can now be insured, but you can't really argue that Obamacare hasn't made a lot of folks health insurance way more expensive. There is too much evidence for this, and I'm not even close to the only one.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#521 Oct 4, 2013
Os Fan wrote:
<quoted text>It's OK to hate something before it even happens, I guess, but time will tell. If I recall, the basic framework of this program is the same as Herr Romney's Massachusetts plan that worked brilliantly for him. Now of course that masshole Hunglo will come on and tell us it didn't work at all. Ya know, he's the greater authority around here.
Some folks clearly struggle with the distinction between causality and business opportunity. It's a hoot watching them chase their tails here, earnestly, naively telling us that they swear the ACA is the cause for insurers' price-gouging. After all, those benevolent insurers would NEVER crank up their rates, while scapegoating the ACA!

The only ones who know exactly why insurers are cranking up insurance premiums are the folks who sit in insurers' boardrooms and they're not going to tell us, are they? If I were in that boardroom and a grasping, money-grubbing, soulless ghoul, I'd crank up the premiums, issue the news releases blaming the ACA and watch the money roll in.

Next Topic: "Which came first, the chicken, or the egg?" LMAO

“Happy Halloween”

Level 8

Location hidden

#522 Oct 4, 2013
To those who say, more handouts are just what we needed, I simply ask, when is enough?

Entitlements eat up more and more federal revenue every year. Entitlement spending was 20% of our budget in 1970, by 2010 it was 47%. We spend 27% more of our budget giving folks handouts than we did in 1970 ... all that money has to come from somewhere.

Obama's proposed budget for 2014, proposes spending 53% of our budget on entitlements. AGain, I simply ask, when does it stop? Do we go to 60? How soon after 60 do we get to 70, then 80, then 90, then 100?

This is what democrats do. No investments in society, just pay for folks to exist. This is why we don't have big projects like the Apollo program, TVA, Hoover Dam? This is why we can't go to Mars or do something really big when it comes to renewable energy. Were things so gosh darn awful for folks in 1970 that we needed to up the percentage we spending on entitlements to 53% in 2014, an increase of 33%... are we any better off ... I don't think so ... I wasn't there, but I think our nation's outlook was probably much brighter in 1970 than it is today.

“Happy Halloween”

Level 8

Location hidden

#523 Oct 4, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Some folks clearly struggle with the distinction between causality and business opportunity. It's a hoot watching them chase their tails here, earnestly, naively telling us that they swear the ACA is the cause for insurers' price-gouging. After all, those benevolent insurers would NEVER crank up their rates, while scapegoating the ACA!
Seeing as how you are such a huge supporter, you should maybe understand the law. One of the few good aspects of the ACA (I would also include the prohibition of pre-existing conditions as being grounds for denial as the other good thing), is that insurance company must spend at a minimum, 80% of all the money they receive on providing healthcare (not on overhead, actual payments to healthcare providers). So, this notino you have isn't even possible under the law. They can't raise rates through the roof and pocket the money.

Now if my rates are being raised by almost 15% and the quality of my plan is going down, that tells you the cost must be going way way way up. There is no way around it. How else do you explain this?

Level 9

Location hidden

#525 Oct 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing as how you are such a huge supporter, you should maybe understand the law. One of the few good aspects of the ACA (I would also include the prohibition of pre-existing conditions as being grounds for denial as the other good thing), is that insurance company must spend at a minimum, 80% of all the money they receive on providing healthcare (not on overhead, actual payments to healthcare providers). So, this notino you have isn't even possible under the law. They can't raise rates through the roof and pocket the money.
Now if my rates are being raised by almost 15% and the quality of my plan is going down, that tells you the cost must be going way way way up. There is no way around it. How else do you explain this?
A huge supporter? Assume much?:) The ACA is the product of major compromise and concessions and it's not nearly what it could've been, but it's an improvement on what we had. You long for the "good old days" when insurers could redline folks for pre-existing conditions and kick kids off of their parents' coverage "necause they could?"

Thanks for confirming your naivete in your post above. If you were actually out in the R W with some of us here, you'd understand that GAAP accounting, in the wrong hands, can blur that stated 80% line to the point of uselessness. Your seeming belief in the benevolence and goodness in the heart of the average Humana Board director is a hoot!

You're an attorney? Hmmm... Negotiating a settlement with you would be easy pickins'!

Level 9

Location hidden

#526 Oct 4, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>WAIT- your self-employed buddy raised his OWN premium by 30% because HE decided to lower hid contribution rate and it's OBAMA's fault that he's an idiot??????
It would appear his buddy is a "self-employed" guy who doesn't make the major business / financial decisions for his own business. Maybe an Amway distributor?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 8 min skybobbie 22,550
Be Safe tonight 8 min Perry Noid 7
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 9 min Princess Hey 1,640
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min SLY WEST 149,607
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 12 min Princess Hey 4,999
Good Night Thread... (Nov '12) 20 min skybobbie 954
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 22 min CJ Rocker 3,921
True or False Game 1 hr David0407 636
Reports: Google fined $2,000 for catching woman... 2 hr Fundiementally ill 3
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 5 hr DILF 195