Do you support defunding Obamacare if it's tied to a government shutdown?

Posted in the Weird Forum

Comments (Page 21)

Showing posts 401 - 420 of659
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

victoria1 wrote:
Who cares about congress when SoA last night was like the best episode ever!
Victoria, amaze me more. Did you really just compare our congress with a bunch of fluffy whining bikers?

~soft laugh~ Say it isn't so.

I doubt anyone in congress is that good looking.
Although, I've no clue who or what is on SoA....seems I've an allergic reaction to the show.
dem

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

-Persephone- wrote:
Some seriously stupid people out there.
now what are you fkn pretending to know?

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

www.blanketsandstuff.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Lie One: No one will be compelled to buy coverage.
During the campaign, Obama insisted that he would not resort to an individual mandate to achieve universal coverage. In fact, he repeatedly ripped Hillary Clinton’s plan for proposing one.“To force people to buy coverage,” he insisted,“you’ve got to have a very harsh penalty.” What will this penalty be, he demanded?“Are you going to garnish their wages?” he asked Hillary in one debate.
Yet now, Obama is behaving as if he said never a hostile word about the mandate.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/30/obama-health...

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Victoria, amaze me more. Did you really just compare our congress with a bunch of fluffy whining bikers?
~soft laugh~ Say it isn't so.
I doubt anyone in congress is that good looking.
Although, I've no clue who or what is on SoA....seems I've an allergic reaction to the show.
No I didn't compare them to fluffy whining bikers. I just said the fluffy whining bikers are wayyyy better.

I don't you think congress could be better looking than this?

http://tengossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/...

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

That and I don't really give much of a crap what congress is or isn't doing.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't compare them to fluffy whining bikers. I just said the fluffy whining bikers are wayyyy better.
I don't you think congress could be better looking than this?
http://tengossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/...
Amen, sister! And I agreed.
Now..am going back to licking my monitor. Thank you so very much for the morning eye candy. Oh so yummy!

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

victoria1 wrote:
That and I don't really give much of a crap what congress is or isn't doing.
Amen again. But in a dark ill begotten way, I manage to care what that congress is doing. Not that I am going to lose sleep over it. Would be useless to do.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, sister! And I agreed.
Now..am going back to licking my monitor. Thank you so very much for the morning eye candy. Oh so yummy!
Nothing says eye candy like Charlie Hunnam.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing says eye candy like Charlie Hunnam.
~laughs~ Well that and a new monitor. He is a drink of fine wine for sure.

Would watch the show, some of my friends do, but I tend to be old school biker. From a different time and space. Also, someone's mother on the show hits my last hearing nerve, so no can do.

Thank you though for sharing.

“UhOh Here come the Mommies!”

Level 4

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
The only practical way to solve this problem is "one-step-at-a-time! "
1. Vote on what it takes now to continue government operation
2. Since Obama has already broken the law many times on his AHC
let's take it piece by piece and let the =Nation decide= what they want to do, as much as he's postponed and for how long he's done it what can a few more months matter?
3. Then we get back to the deficit. We must have a balanced budget without increasing the national debt, this is to be done 1-step-@-a-time and again let the =Nation decide=.
If "WE" don't get this =Nation= back in the hands of the people and away from government it's "doomed!" for sure. "WE" can see what they've done, now it's "OUR" turn!
They should have their own press,conference ..explain in simple words,.

Like,LOOK AT YOUR PREMIUMS ..ask your friends,..

Otherwise,your right

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

I just got back from the dr. I asked him for some scripts and said I probably should get them now before my costs go up next year.

I told him my company is dropping BC/BS and going with another company that will have worse coverage and higher copays (my copays for prescriptions are going to be about double) and my premium is going up about 15%.

You know what he said to me, and I kid you not, "have you talked to anyone who isn't in the same situation or who has actually seen their costs go down." This is from a doctor...

F' Obamacare.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Yes, all our costs are going up.
Good morning, sublime.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Hi, Perse!

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Obama You Care wrote:
<quoted text>So get this, 3 years ago we paid $1000/mo for insurance for 2, then 2 years ago it went up to $1,100. Last year it was $1,200 and this year we are at $1,300. About a $100 a year increase. Raising insurance premiums were going on before Obamacare.

My buddy who owns a property management company and who pays for his own insurance for he and his daughter ... his went up by OVER 30% this year. Don't tell me that this is normal and has nothing to do with Obamacare.

He's a friend with a Congressman, who comes to some of his parties ... if I see him I'm going to shake his hand for taking a stand on Obamacare and write him a check for his campaign.
Obama You Care wrote:
<quoted text>Insurance wasn't going down or a good deal for the guy buying it direct like me. Why do you feel entitled to have your employer subsidize yours?
The good news is my prescriptions have gone from $120/mo to $50. Go figure.
It wasn't going down for us either, but it wasn't going up by almost %15 a year. Not only that, but my copays are almost double and I have overall worse coverage. Yours went up by $100 but you have the same coverage, not crappier coverage.

“McVeigh | Bundy bunch ”

Since: Nov 09

anti-American terrorists too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
I just got back from the dr. I asked him for some scripts and said I probably should get them now before my costs go up next year.
I told him my company is dropping BC/BS and going with another company that will have worse coverage and higher copays (my copays for prescriptions are going to be about double) and my premium is going up about 15%.
You know what he said to me, and I kid you not, "have you talked to anyone who isn't in the same situation or who has actually seen their costs go down." This is from a doctor...
F' Obamacare.
OIC ... your company hosed you by going where there is worse coverage and higher premiums. And you're not blaming it. You've been assimilated well, it's plain to see.

“McVeigh | Bundy bunch ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

A knothead rethuglican wrote:
<quoted text>Our insurance is the envy of the free world! Canadians, Europeans, Asians- everybody wants to pay more for insurance and be dropped when they get "too sick" but, none have the guts to shut down their government to get such high-priced, cold-blooded insurance. Cowards!
Jon Stewart is back from his movie-making "vacation", thank gawd. He is canny in telling it like it REALLY is:
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/jon-stewart-calls-ho...
that would be: "self-righteous Orwellian q!!!fs" in this reference article.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Obama You Care wrote:
<quoted text>So get this, 3 years ago we paid $1000/mo for insurance for 2, then 2 years ago it went up to $1,100. Last year it was $1,200 and this year we are at $1,300. About a $100 a year increase. Raising insurance premiums were going on before Obamacare. Insurance wasn't going down or a good deal for the guy buying it direct like me. Why do you feel entitled to have your employer subsidize yours?
The good news is my prescriptions have gone from $120/mo to $50. Go figure.
It's all about CON spin and staying "on message." They'd want you to believe insurance companies aren't greedy, opportunistic and uncaring about their customers.

So each 30%, 100%, 200% increase in premiums insurers can score pre-ACA, they can then pretend is the fault of "big brother, big guvmint, sunspots, whatever."

The most ironic CON myth I've heard spread about the ACA, so far, is about those guvmint "death panels." There are "death panels" now, run by your and my insurer.

For CONs to make-believe that insurers are benevolent, compassionate and/or not totally profit-driven is a steaming crock of doody. Yet CONs would pretend they are.

Insurer's business models, cash flow projections and standard procedures assume that they'll charge you and as high premiums and pay as little on claims as possible.

Wake up and smell the guano! Insurers are no more on your side than duplicated, inefective, inefficient government is. Why don't CONs want to see if ACA fails, or not?

Oh yeah...that's why!

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
OIC ... your company hosed you by going where there is worse coverage and higher premiums. And you're not blaming it. You've been assimilated well, it's plain to see.
I'm sure my company is paying more too. I'm not going to blame them for not eating the entire price increase due to obamacare. I blame Obama and the democrats for making the price go up by so much in the first place.

“McVeigh | Bundy bunch ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Obama You Care wrote:
<quoted text>That's all I was trying to say about him too. Why isn't his company picking up a higher portion of his tab? Shame on his company.
Are/were you a Reds fan???
Yeah, kind of Reds fan with a facepalm in recent years; it's "my team of record" as a young'un. I'm fine with any NL Central Div. team, though.

“McVeigh | Bundy bunch ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure my company is paying more too. I'm not going to blame them for not eating the entire price increase due to obamacare. I blame Obama and the democrats for making the price go up by so much in the first place.
I smell it. And how much has BC/BS gone up? Much if any at all?

Why we aren't having a single-payer system is for the concept of competition including out-of-state providers competing as well. This is the concept of "Obamacare" as the big insurance and big pharm lobbied for.

BC/BS out-competed your company's provider, and it's the fault of 'Obamacare'. I smell it.

Even when remaining up-wind of a pig-farm (or poultry), traces are still detectable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 401 - 420 of659
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••