“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#443 Oct 2, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. It's not about doing the right thing. It's about showing everyone that Obama's the boss.
And Obama is doing both.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#444 Oct 2, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>And Obama is doing both.
Boy, you got that right. And now Harry Reid has shown his contempt for kids with cancer:

HARRY REID: Listen, Sen. Durbin explained that very well, and he did it here, did it on the floor earlier, as did Sen. Schumer. What right did they have to pick and choose what part of government is going to be funded? It’s obvious what’s going on here. You talk about reckless and irresponsible. Wow. What this is all about is Obamacare. They are obsessed. I don’t know what other word I can use. They’re obsessed with this Obamacare. It’s working now and it will continue to work and people will love it more than they do now by far. So they have no right to pick and choose.

DANA BASH: But if you can help one child who has cancer, why wouldn’t you do it?

REID: Why would we want to do that? I have 1,100 people at Nellis Air Force base that are sitting home. They have a few problems of their own. This is — to have someone of your intelligence to suggest such a thing maybe means you’re irresponsible and reckless –
----------
Sounds like he reads the same playbook Hillary used. "What difference does it make?" "Why would we want to do that?"

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#445 Oct 2, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
"What difference does it make?" "Why would we want to do that?"
Democrat philosophy!
Now explain that!-?-
=*= of the people, by the people, for the people =*=
all the 'farthest thing from their minds'
NOPE!'i'm not even gona start, you either see it or you don't!

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#446 Oct 2, 2013
Pretty sad that we have more security keeping tourists out of the WW2 memorial than we had at the embassy in Benghazi.

Indianapolis, IN

#447 Oct 2, 2013
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

One-out-of-two U.S. voters continues to oppose the national health care law’s requirement that every American have health insurance. Most also still don’t know if their state has a health care exchange even though those exchanges are scheduled to start signing up insurance applicants beginning tomorrow.

Thirty-six percent (36%) of Likely U.S. Voters believe the government should require every American to buy or obtain health insurance, according to the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Fifty percent (50%) disagree and oppose the so-called individual mandate. Fourteen percent (14%) are undecided.
----------
But majority rule is only selectively applied, it seems. This law is exempted from that basic tenet, just like all government workers are exempted from following it.

Level 7

Location hidden

#448 Oct 2, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, you got that right. And now Harry Reid has shown his contempt for kids with cancer:
HARRY REID: Listen, Sen. Durbin explained that very well, and he did it here, did it on the floor earlier, as did Sen. Schumer. What right did they have to pick and choose what part of government is going to be funded? It’s obvious what’s going on here. You talk about reckless and irresponsible. Wow. What this is all about is Obamacare. They are obsessed. I don’t know what other word I can use. They’re obsessed with this Obamacare. It’s working now and it will continue to work and people will love it more than they do now by far. So they have no right to pick and choose.
DANA BASH: But if you can help one child who has cancer, why wouldn’t you do it?
REID: Why would we want to do that? I have 1,100 people at Nellis Air Force base that are sitting home. They have a few problems of their own. This is — to have someone of your intelligence to suggest such a thing maybe means you’re irresponsible and reckless –
----------
Sounds like he reads the same playbook Hillary used. "What difference does it make?" "Why would we want to do that?"
Whatever you and I may agree on, it sure ain't politics.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#449 Oct 2, 2013
Some seriously stupid people out there.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#450 Oct 2, 2013
Seems Democrats are all for giving big business breaks (delay in mandate) while chitting all over the middle class that has to fund this bad bill. I'm guessing that on some golf course somewhere Obummer is claiming it's Bush's fault.

Indianapolis, IN

#451 Oct 2, 2013
Even the WWII Cemetery at Normandy has been 'shut down' officially. That, according to Brian Williams and NBC News.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#452 Oct 2, 2013
Who cares about congress when SoA last night was like the best episode ever!

Level 7

Location hidden

#453 Oct 2, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
It's easy to spot them. They're the ones wearing teabags as pocket handkerchiefs.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#454 Oct 2, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It's easy to spot them. They're the ones wearing teabags as pocket handkerchiefs.
Pardon me... do you see this very often?

Maybe you should take it out of your ears and put it in your mouth.
;+)

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#455 Oct 2, 2013
Of all of the bullsh!t to come from Barry's mouth this has to be the best,“During the course of my presidency, I have bent over backwards to work with the Republican Party and have purposely kept my rhetoric down.”

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#456 Oct 2, 2013
From Politico:

[B]ehind-the-scenes, Boehner and his aides worked for months with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), and others, to save these very same, long-standing [congressional Obamacare] subsidies, according to documents and e-mails provided to POLITICO. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) was also aware of these discussions, the documents show.

Who knows what will happen next?
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/02/ha...

Indianapolis, IN

#457 Oct 2, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
Of all of the bullsh!t to come from Barry's mouth this has to be the best,“During the course of my presidency, I have bent over backwards to work with the Republican Party and have purposely kept my rhetoric down.”
Can you imagine what *not*'kept his rhetoric down' would be like?

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#458 Oct 2, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
Who cares about congress when SoA last night was like the best episode ever!
Victoria, amaze me more. Did you really just compare our congress with a bunch of fluffy whining bikers?

~soft laugh~ Say it isn't so.

I doubt anyone in congress is that good looking.
Although, I've no clue who or what is on SoA....seems I've an allergic reaction to the show.
dem

Buffalo, NY

#459 Oct 2, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
now what are you fkn pretending to know?

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#460 Oct 2, 2013
Lie One: No one will be compelled to buy coverage.
During the campaign, Obama insisted that he would not resort to an individual mandate to achieve universal coverage. In fact, he repeatedly ripped Hillary Clinton’s plan for proposing one.“To force people to buy coverage,” he insisted,“you’ve got to have a very harsh penalty.” What will this penalty be, he demanded?“Are you going to garnish their wages?” he asked Hillary in one debate.
Yet now, Obama is behaving as if he said never a hostile word about the mandate.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/30/obama-health...

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#461 Oct 3, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Victoria, amaze me more. Did you really just compare our congress with a bunch of fluffy whining bikers?
~soft laugh~ Say it isn't so.
I doubt anyone in congress is that good looking.
Although, I've no clue who or what is on SoA....seems I've an allergic reaction to the show.
No I didn't compare them to fluffy whining bikers. I just said the fluffy whining bikers are wayyyy better.

I don't you think congress could be better looking than this?

http://tengossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/...

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#462 Oct 3, 2013
That and I don't really give much of a crap what congress is or isn't doing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 6 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 53
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 10 min Harrison Freebird 23,936
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 22 min okimar 46,029
500-Pound Suspect Can't Fit Inside Police Car 23 min indianaPacer 4
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 33 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,419
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 41 min CJ Rocker 149,130
What is your favorite DOLLAR STORE purchase? (Jun '09) 44 min wichita-rick 428
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 45 min Hoosier Hillbilly 22,262
True or False Game 1 hr -CatCiao- 442
Who are some of your favorite people on the off... (Dec '13) 2 hr Sublime1 115
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 7 hr Crazy Beautiful 6,842

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE