Do you support defunding Obamacare if...
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#335 Sep 29, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
sounds good

don't hold your breath
A noted observer

Hoffman Estates, IL

#336 Sep 29, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
Only teapublicans could be against being against BIG GOVERNMENT!!!! LOL!!!!

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#337 Sep 29, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Sublime is right again.
*waves at sublime*
Hi Perse!

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#338 Sep 29, 2013
republican terrorists wrote:
"DO WHAT WE TELL YoU AND NOBODY GETS HELPED!!!!"
As I have said, there are two types of person.

The first type are those who when they want to improve their lives, look and see what they can do to improve it. They put in extra effort ... they go above and beyond just doing what they've been doing all along or what it takes to just get by or to do their current job. These types may work all day, and go to school at night. It may take them years and years to get ahead, but they do it because that's how they think you should get ahead ... by your own work and determination. All they ask for is an environment that fosters this.

There's folks like that, and there are the type the democrats cater to. With these types, when they want to improve their life, they look around and ask what can others/government do for them or give them to improve their life. That is what they call help and funny enough, this help invovles nothing on their part, LMAO. It's the gimme, gimme, gimme, type help. The, you owe me type of help.

This thought process is perfectly illustrated in the fast food worker, who wants to earn more money, but doesn't want to do ANYTHING MORE themselves to help make this happen.

Rather than taking charge of their own life and putting in extra effort to get ahead, for example by going to culinary school, busting their hump to show management potential, and perhaps taking some classes to get an associates degree or bachelors degree to help make this happen, nope, they aren't willing to do anything, except continue to ask folks if they want fries with that.

Rather than do ANYTHING TO HELP THEMSELVES, they simply demand that they receive compensation along the lines of what many a college educated person starts off making... along the lines of 30k a year, with full benefits, retirement, which is what many college educated teachers, for example, start off making.

That type of thought process is f'ing repulsive to me and many other folks. Yet, this is the thought process that you identify with and champion. As if folks who aren't willing to do anything to help themselves are victims of an unfair society. It's total complete utter b.s.... like today's Bears game.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#339 Sep 29, 2013
Hi Sublime. Hope you're having a nice day.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#340 Sep 29, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Hi Sublime. Hope you're having a nice day.
I'm doing pretty good. My bears are getting their butts kicked as I type this and my badgers lost last night. Oh wells. Win some, lose some.

I'm making that french dip again for dinner. It received rave reviews from my mil, my wife and the boys. It's so easy and simple.

Hope your day is going well.

:)

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#341 Sep 29, 2013
That sounds great sublime! I haven't tried to do it yet. I keep promising I'll do it on weekend. Just been so darn busy. Sorry to hear teams are losing but You're right win some lose some. Enjoy that yummy dinner!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#342 Sep 29, 2013
I support defunding the government. They've borrowed and spent too much; time to stop.

Cold turkey baby, I like to watch them shake ;)

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#343 Sep 29, 2013
That's why all the grey boxes are freaking out. They're afraid they won't have their payday.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#344 Sep 29, 2013
I know of one that's just waiting for Obamacare. Then this person can quit their government job, do what they really want at night and file for disability. Free medical care free government check and all the money they want to play with on the side. Pretty sweet deal huh?
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#346 Sep 29, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
I know of one that's just waiting for Obamacare. Then this person can quit their government job, do what they really want at night and file for disability. Free medical care free government check and all the money they want to play with on the side. Pretty sweet deal huh?
WOW!

are you really that stupid?

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#347 Sep 29, 2013
And that's why you love me so much! Kevin isn't a scumbag, moron. Yes he does work and he's really good at what he does. Did I hit a hotspot, pilot?

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#348 Sep 29, 2013
You're proving a point. Go on.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#350 Sep 29, 2013
yes

you are that stupid

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#351 Sep 29, 2013
:(
Have you ladies tried Pamprin max Scooby snacks?
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#352 Sep 29, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
:(
Have you ladies tried Pamprin max Scooby snacks?
ok so why is this person waiting for "Obama care"?

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#353 Sep 29, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Pretty sweet deal huh?
For some who never stop and think of the costs they impose on others and feel no shame about it.

My buddy posted on Facebook that insurance for he and his daughter through BC/BS went up over 30% and he has worse coverage too.

Gee, I just can't figure out why folks don't like that law. <sarcasm>

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#355 Sep 29, 2013
From that article:

"Middle-class Americans face the double-whammy of higher insurance premiums, and higher taxes to pay for other people’s subsidies. "

NAILED IT!

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#356 Sep 29, 2013
From that article:

"Andrew Sullivan thinks the White House needs “much better messaging.” Kathy Kristof of CBS MoneyWatch relates her own experience of seeing a 67 percent spike in her premiums, for a worse policy than she had before:

The promise that you could keep your old policy, if you liked it, has proved illusory. My insurer, Kaiser Permanente, informed me in a glossy booklet that “At midnight on December 31, we will discontinue your current plan because it will not meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.” My premium, the letter added, would go from $209 a month to $348, a 66.5 percent increase that will cost $1,668 annually.

What made my plan too substandard to survive under Obamacare? It did not provide maternity benefits. I’m 53 years old. I figure pregnancy would require an act of God.(Incidentally, maternity benefits will be covered on men’s policies too. Let’s hope medical science comes a long way so you guys can use those benefits.) My policy also did not cover substance abuse treatments or psychiatric care…

Meanwhile, the things that mattered to me — that I would be able to limit my out-of-pocket costs if I had a catastrophic ailment — got worse under my new Obamacare policy. My policy, which has always paid 100 percent of the cost of annual check-ups, had a $5,000 annual deductible for sick visits and hospital stays. Once I paid that $5,000, the plan would pay 100 percent of any additional cost. That protected me from economic devastation in the event of a catastrophic illness, such as cancer.

Kaiser’s Obamacare policy has a $4,500 deductible, but then covers only 40 percent of medical costs for office visits, hospital stays and drugs. Out-of-pocket expenses aren’t capped until the policyholder pays $6,350 annually.

Sure, that’s only another $1,350. But it adds to the additional $1,663 that I’m paying in premiums, making my personal cost for Obama care add to $3,018 annually. This, by the way, is the bare-bones policy under Obamacare — the Bronze plan. Premiums for plans that offer lower deductibles and premiums would cost almost twice as much, according to the Kaiser booklet."

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#357 Sep 29, 2013
Oh I see topix ghosted my post with a link to the Forbes article showing what it is doing to healthcare costs. Too bad it was really informative,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 min RACY_MEAN_DISAGREE 75,982
News Baby born on flight gets free plane tickets for... 2 min andet1987 8
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 6 min June 3,783
News Fake quake: Report of major California temblor ... 9 min June 2
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 11 min andet1987 8,038
Favorite Animal? 16 min June 25
What's with all the toe stories today on wierd? 21 min June 1
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 22 min 8541 MARINE 22,844
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. (Oct '16) 2 hr andet1987 3,304
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr wichita-rick 218,610