Do you support defunding Obamacare if...

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#235 Sep 27, 2013
cross examiner wrote:
If you are working a full time job and NOT affording food, rent, utilities, etc. you need to go to law school and sponge off a company, NOT the government!
I could say I'm going to school to be a Rocket Scientist....would you believe me??

:)

*wink*
A noted observer

Schaumburg, IL

#236 Sep 27, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I could say I'm going to school to be a Rocket Scientist....would you believe me??
*wink*
I would believe Rocket Surgeon!

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

USA

#238 Sep 27, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>There was a story last week where they surveyed republicans about healthcare. The same people who didn't have a good feeling about Obamacare did like the Affordable Care Act!
Clearly, early on, republicans derisively called it "Obamacare" to gather the *support* of brain-dead Obama haters who, if on fire, would refuse a dousing with water if someone called it "Obamacare" or "Obamawater*.
As Obama said yesterday, it will be so successful that soon the GOP will refuse to call it "Obamacare"!
Its true most people don't know the difference between Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act.:)

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

USA

#239 Sep 27, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>I would believe Rocket Surgeon!

Well I have been called Nurse Goodbody....lol

I have an awesome bedside manner..

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#240 Sep 27, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
I had a great story this morning. Some guy in Ky was signing up and was thrilled about the savings.
These Exchanges won't be called Obamacare, every state will have a different name. I think they said Ky's was the Connect Exchange.
Anyways after this guy signed up he said, this is sure going to beat the hell out of Obamacare..
See this guy didn't even know....
He had been hating on Obamacare because of what he's heard from the right and it wasn't true..
It's kind of like the moral of the story for Green Eggs and Ham Ted Cruz choked on..
Don't knock it till you try it...:)
State governments have Department of Insurance. Research which of those are obstructing the ACA/Obamacare. It's pathetic.
A noted observer

Schaumburg, IL

#241 Sep 27, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have been called Nurse Goodbody....lol
I have an awesome bedside manner..
SCHWING!!!!

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#242 Sep 27, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
<quoted text>No name calling please..like Sublime says.

Sublime,

I know very well what the Snap program is and what it means.

You miss the whole entire point.

Even when some are working a full time job they can't buy groceries, pay rent, utilities, etc. so to these people it's there only means of food regardless of what it was originally for.
"WHAT IS THE PURPOSE IN ALLOWING FOR NATURAL CONSEQUENCES?"

The ultimate purpose is to encourage children to make choices/decisions (responsible or not) without forcing, guiding, steering, correcting, influencing or coaxing a child into submission. When a child makes a poor decision (and the parents stay out of it), the child has the OPPORTUNITY to learn from the consequence, gain new information and is in a position to choose differently the next time. Likewise, when they make choices that work for them, they are in a position to learn and to make the same choice again.

http://vickihoefle.com/using-natural-conseque...

It works for adults too.

Folks shouldn't starve (and I've never heard of anyone starving in the U.S.), but adverse natural consequences are a good thing from a societal standpoint.

Become a professional Walmart greeter, have 3 kids that you can't afford, and it's a natural consequences that you will struggle. It's not unfair or unjust that society doesn't step in so that you don't experiences any adverse consequences, any struggles, or any inconvenience. It's not in society's best interest to enable or encourage poor decision making.

I also find it laughable that some multimillionaire takes on this crusade ... If he really cares about poor folks he and his wife can live on the median income and use the rest of his money to but poor folks food. I always laugh at this schmoes who have more money they can spend advocating these causes, more taxation, and more spending ... as if they are in the same situation as many middle class folks who will bear the brunt of such policies.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#243 Sep 27, 2013
Sublime wrote:
<quoted text>Taaa little monkey boy. Anyone who thinks that a Wal-Mart job is anything more than a kids after school position is diluted. You need to be like me///a snotty, stuck up, smart-alecky, vainglorious windbag/// who exceeds all expectations on the human life success scale and study and work hard to gain a good position so that you can look down from your perch like I at all the little folk. It's swollen-headed narcissistic swinger like me that pays for the little people. I am so awesomely awesome my wife insists I spread myself around to all other woman. How do I do it? I eat for success, that's how. I am just in huge demand. Normally, I have breakfast but sometimes I don't, on those occasions I have a granola bar. As you know, granola is an excellent source of protein that builds strong bones and muscles. Of course they don't build by themselves, they need me, like everyone else needs me, so I go to the gym. I put in the time to make this all possible. No pain no gain bro. I mostly work on my legs pumping iron at 5 times the weight normal man my age can do. To be successful you have to look the part, that's what I always say. Then for dinner, it's usually a grilled chicken breast or fish. Fish is really good for you and there is this market I shop at that has the best selection but wait, it gets better. I tip the little Asian boy a $20 bill every time and get the choicest cuts. I do this because I am so awesomely awesome but I know the kid is able to buy some rice for his parents. I am always doing my part as a proud American. It just galls me that there are people like (I won't mention his name) that don't do exactly what I do. We'd all be better off if they did.
I've never said anyone needs to do what I do. Go work at Walmart and go sit in your a$s and not take care of your health ... Just leave me the f' out of the equation and stuff you want from me out of the equation, when you suffer the natural consequences of your poor choices and aren't happy with your life.

Basic safety net is all we should have. A basic safety net doesn't mean carefree and everything you need to live a decent, happy, and struggle free life. It should be just enough to get by ... Unless you are disabled, If you want more than that you need to work and aspire to do more than a job a drunken trained monkey could do.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#245 Sep 27, 2013
People, I know that my opinion is not popular, but I'm for defunding Obamacare or killing the law any way we can.

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#246 Sep 27, 2013
Agreed!!!
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"WHAT IS THE PURPOSE IN ALLOWING FOR NATURAL CONSEQUENCES?"
The ultimate purpose is to encourage children to make choices/decisions (responsible or not) without forcing, guiding, steering, correcting, influencing or coaxing a child into submission. When a child makes a poor decision (and the parents stay out of it), the child has the OPPORTUNITY to learn from the consequence, gain new information and is in a position to choose differently the next time. Likewise, when they make choices that work for them, they are in a position to learn and to make the same choice again.
http://vickihoefle.com/using-natural-conseque...
It works for adults too.
Folks shouldn't starve (and I've never heard of anyone starving in the U.S.), but adverse natural consequences are a good thing from a societal standpoint.
Become a professional Walmart greeter, have 3 kids that you can't afford, and it's a natural consequences that you will struggle. It's not unfair or unjust that society doesn't step in so that you don't experiences any adverse consequences, any struggles, or any inconvenience. It's not in society's best interest to enable or encourage poor decision making.
I also find it laughable that some multimillionaire takes on this crusade ... If he really cares about poor folks he and his wife can live on the median income and use the rest of his money to but poor folks food. I always laugh at this schmoes who have more money they can spend advocating these causes, more taxation, and more spending ... as if they are in the same situation as many middle class folks who will bear the brunt of such policies.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#247 Sep 27, 2013
The Ghost Rider of NM wrote:
People, I know that my opinion is not popular, but I'm for defunding Obamacare or killing the law any way we can.
Whether or not your opinion is popular, Obamacare is here to stay.

By the way, would you care to delineate your objections to Obamacare?
A noted observer

Schaumburg, IL

#248 Sep 27, 2013
I don't know who gave these teabaggers the notion that they are the guardians of our past, present and future but, they are NOT. We give them half a chance and they'll be re-instituting slavery as a cost-cutting measure to save us from high corporate taxes and high prices. These guys could *rationalize* anything irrational in their heads, slap Xtian values on it, throw in a founders quote and then try to force it in to law. The Affordable Care Act- for all its good- will also bring down the teabaggers.
hey there

Montebello, CA

#250 Sep 27, 2013
Thank God wrote:
<quoted text>It would really be funny if you two ended up on the song thread posting songs to each other and propping each others posts. Then posting on the crush thread saying, "I have a crush hee hee" like a couple of 10 year olds. Then again, I know you 2 are decent peeps and not mindless time wasters. Imagine posting a song 80 times over because THATS what you hear at the moment???
http://youtu.be/6whzbYf9T1I

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#252 Sep 27, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
I don't know who gave these teabaggers the notion that they are the guardians of our past, present and future but, they are NOT.
Seems the one who thinks they are the guardians are folks like you. When it comes to the past, I wouldn't say so much guardian as revisionist. Seems to me you've never been able to raise a family asking folks if they would like fries with their orders at McDonalds.

This phenomena that you don't get to live very well if you do a job that a 5th grade drop out could do just as well, is not something new or some great surprise. In fact, for everyone my age growing up it was the stereotypical warning ... f' up in life and you'll wind up flipping burgers at McDonalds.

That some folks actually fail to heed that warning and end up not doing so well, isn't unfair ... it's unfortunate, perhaps ... but not unfair. If you want to make more money, you have to do more than make fries at Mcdonalds ... like go to culinary school. What a terrible country we live in ... you actually get out what you put in.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#253 Sep 27, 2013
Thank God wrote:
<quoted text>It would really be funny if you two ended up on the song thread posting songs to each other and propping each others posts. Then posting on the crush thread saying, "I have a crush hee hee" like a couple of 10 year olds. Then again, I know you 2 are decent peeps and not mindless time wasters. Imagine posting a song 80 times over because THATS what you hear at the moment???
I'm not so sure why what other folks do bothers you so much. It's pretty harmless and while it's not my cup of tea (not to mention my wife would not appreciate my acting so emotionally attached to another woman), it sure beats a lot of the negativity on here.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Location hidden

#254 Sep 27, 2013
Andrew Gold wrote:
<quoted text>I'd think an online relationship would be THEE loneliest existence, subjecting yourself to posting songs day and night, PMing, texting, phoning in between your real world things. In your heart you know nothing will ever be of it, but the thrill of the possibilities helps you get by.
Sad.
An even lonelier existence would be being you, i.e. the guy who gets so worked up and concerned about it. Who cares? Why does it bother you so much to see other people enjoying themselves and happy, even if it is not something that interests you? Are you hopping if you keep whining about it you might get to be a guest blogger about the subject?
A noted observer

Schaumburg, IL

#255 Sep 27, 2013
I bet they spit in Subslime's food... A LOT!
Bobby McFerrin

Montebello, CA

#256 Sep 27, 2013
Andrew Gold wrote:
<quoted text>I'd think an online relationship would be THEE loneliest existence, subjecting yourself to posting songs day and night, PMing, texting, phoning in between your real world things. In your heart you know nothing will ever be of it, but the thrill of the possibilities helps you get by.
Sad.
hee hee :) http://youtu.be/d-diB65scQU

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#259 Sep 27, 2013
1137 days left.
Thank God
I didn't vote for George Bush either
In retrospect

Portland, OR

#260 Sep 27, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not so sure why what other folks do bothers you so much. It's pretty harmless and while it's not my cup of tea (not to mention my wife would not appreciate my acting so emotionally attached to another woman), it sure beats a lot of the negativity on here.
So why care what I post?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Mister_ E 219,088
2words into 2new words (May '12) 8 min wichita-rick 8,216
**4 Syllable Word A-Z** (Jul '12) 10 min Alyssa 784
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 16 min wichita-rick 1,967
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 18 min Alyssa 1,832
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 21 min Alyssa 10,791
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 28 min Alyssa 13,854
What Turns You Off? 1 hr Beautiful Black M... 713
News Toilet charity gets Indian village to take on T... 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 34
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 hr Bad Bex 22,962