Do you support defunding Obamacare if it's tied to a government shutdown?

Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 33
Next Last

“You think so?”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#1 Sep 23, 2013
The only practical way to solve this problem is "one-step-at-a-time! "
1. Vote on what it takes now to continue government operation
2. Since Obama has already broken the law many times on his AHC
let's take it piece by piece and let the =Nation decide= what they want to do, as much as he's postponed and for how long he's done it what can a few more months matter?
3. Then we get back to the deficit. We must have a balanced budget without increasing the national debt, this is to be done 1-step-@-a-time and again let the =Nation decide=.
If "WE" don't get this =Nation= back in the hands of the people and away from government it's "doomed!" for sure. "WE" can see what they've done, now it's "OUR" turn!

“You think so?”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#2 Sep 23, 2013
PS: YES! it's that simple, don't let anyone make you think it's tuff decisions, that's only because government wants it that way to confuse you.
WHY! Greed, corruption, self satisfaction, and etc.
because we've let'm!

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#3 Sep 23, 2013
Say NO to Obama Care...

“You think so?”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#5 Sep 23, 2013
Damn! I see you comprehended all I said(???)
Worked 1 point @ a time it might work, but don't shove it down our throats without us reviewing it like Pelosi tried to do**'i' shoul'a said the witch!

“You think so?”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#6 Sep 23, 2013
YEW! Portland, OR 'I've heard your wind blow before
Same place different handle!

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#8 Sep 23, 2013
Spirit67_ wrote:
Say NO to Obama Care...
The people already said yes to it, that's one of the reasons President Obama was re-elected.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#9 Sep 23, 2013
Congress controls the purse strings, not Obama. They don't have to fund anything they don't wish to fund. If folks want Obamacare funded so bad, they can elect a democrat majority in both chambers of Congress... good luck with that. That's a battle republicans would love to fight come election time.

Obama also voted against raising the debt limit when he was a Senator ... now that he is President, he expects everyone else to automatically increase it without any question, even though he exacerbated the debt problem by creating another huge social program in the form of Obamacare instead of using the additional revenue sources to reduce debt.

It was failed leadership when G. Bush wanted it raised, according to Obama at the time, but now it's good leadership. Can you say hypocrite?

“You think so?”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#10 Sep 23, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The people already said yes to it, that's one of the reasons President Obama was re-elected.
Clarify: the people had no voice in this decision it was run thru the congress by democrats in the still of the night on a holiday weekend. Just because he was elected again doesn't make it a majority vote for AHS>When the ones that voted for him again begin to get the fines and find out how much they'll be covered they'll wake up to these shenanigans.
A noted observer

Schaumburg, IL

#11 Sep 23, 2013
FORTY TWO votes haven't worked so, naturally, shut down the government.

I guess these House republicans think plane hijacking is "too final".

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#12 Sep 23, 2013
It will be dems who shut down the government. The house is voting to fund everything except Obamacare ... Obama is willing to fund nothing if he doesn't get everything he wants.

Ask most folks if they'd rather fund everything, except Obamacare, or have the government shut down and see what they'd say. This isn't about what the people want... If the people want Obamacare so bad they will vote dems into office during the next election. Won't happen.
A noted observer

Schaumburg, IL

#13 Sep 23, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
It will be dems who shut down the government. The house is voting to fund everything except Obamacare ... Obama is willing to fund nothing if he doesn't get everything he wants.
Ask most folks if they'd rather fund everything, except Obamacare, or have the government shut down and see what they'd say. This isn't about what the people want... If the people want Obamacare so bad they will vote dems into office during the next election. Won't happen.
It's already the law of the land, dipstick.
Barbed Wire

Henderson, NV

#14 Sep 23, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>It's already the law of the land, dipstick.
I thought that dipshit was a lawyer? Could have fooled us. Maybe he's an engineer now?
A noted observer

Schaumburg, IL

#15 Sep 23, 2013
Barbed Wire wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that dipshit was a lawyer? Could have fooled us. Maybe he's an engineer now?
Not a social engineer!

“Truth and perspective”

Since: Nov 09

defeats BS

#16 Sep 23, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
"It will be dems who shut down the government." Wrong.

"Ask most folks if they'd rather fund everything, except Obamacare, or have the government shut down and see what they'd say."

Yeah, ask them about government shutdown. Oh wait, folk have been asked ... the Republicans will get the blame.

“You think so?”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#17 Sep 24, 2013
"Moving -right- along!"
They'll do as they have in the past,
kick it down the road, we have have an answer after the elections in 2014?
No, I'm not about to explain why I said that.
Wait and see
don't take it form me
before it's all over
we will be
will we
....?....

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Sep 24, 2013
The great thing is it's NOT tied to a government shutdown. Only a couple 'leaders' in the Congress (and the President) can't seem to grasp that.

Well, actually they do but the sacred legislative hostage taking practice of packaging undesirable legislation with other legislation that mustn't be sideline has to be preserved.

So they rant on about how defunding Obamacare cannot be distinguished from defunding the entire government, even when a solution to that dilemma is put on the table.

“You think so?”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#19 Sep 24, 2013
Good Morning Clem

CRUZ IN FOR A BRUISIN'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/23/mitc...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#20 Sep 24, 2013
I don't support funding our government by continuing resolutions; we need a budget. The House wrote a budget, now the Senate must debate and vote.

Our Representatives were elected to cut wasteful government spending, repeal intrusive regulation and stop higher taxes. In other words, they were elected to defund Obamacare.

If Obama can rewrite Obamacare to fund Congress's exemption precisely contrary to law, we can defund it now.

“You think so?”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#21 Sep 24, 2013
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2681328499001/sen-...
Paul Rand explains his position "Stand"

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Sep 24, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Good Morning Clem
CRUZ IN FOR A BRUISIN'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/23/mitc...
WTF is Mitch McConnell doing? Eleph-RINO?!?

He must be hitting the Kentucky bourbon extra heavy these days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 33
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 12 min Olan Mills 20,517
Ex Republican Governor John Rowland convicted 16 min Bill 1
What Could Be Sweet,...? 24 min SLY WEST 39
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 28 min wichita-rick 147,203
the good old days ..... 28 min TALLYHO 8541 24
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 36 min Trouser Cough 40,262
Cop Car Slams Into Dunkin' Donuts 43 min Spotted Girl 5
I Like..... (Mar '14) 2 hr ms_Sweeter 323
•••

Weird People Search