First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosierville

#1 Apr 26, 2013
Call me dense! Now I'm beginning to catch on to what's going on.
All these big ploys (lies) by Obama of how much this is going to hurt
the things most Americans care about most.
Closing the White House to sight see'ers
no egg rolling
airport delays
childcare facilities
kindergarden
furloughs
even his janitors
It's all a political ponzi scheme to do away completely with the sequester-to continue things as before- in other words postpone the
penalty of not passing a reasonable budget for another 4 or 5 years

Level 8

Hoosierville

#2 Apr 26, 2013
And now he has all the national media discussing it. And congress is working on a resolution.
Hoop't DO!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3 Apr 26, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Call me dense!
Ok, you're dense.

Level 8

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 Apr 26, 2013
Its funny how conservatives want less government involvement, want less spending, deficit reduction, etc. But when things start getting cut they start whinning about the cuts. You dont have to be a math genius to figure out you have to start trimming the fat somewhere and these people that do these jobs arent going to work for free. You cant reduce spending and continue spending at the same time...lol...it doesnt take an idiot to figure that out....so to answer your question HH...you are dense.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#5 Apr 26, 2013
And that my friends ends today's episode of "Are you smarter than a Republican?"

Tune in next week when HH will ponder the question, "Is my goat smarter than a Republican?"

“Southern Pride”

Level 7

Since: Feb 11

American right to fly it

#6 Apr 26, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
And that my friends ends today's episode of "Are you smarter than a Republican?"
Tune in next week when HH will ponder the question, "Is my goat smarter than a Republican?"
LOL
Mean M69, mean ...

Level 8

Hoosierville

#7 Apr 26, 2013
Thanks guys, I appreciate the attention.

Level 8

Location hidden

#8 Apr 26, 2013
You are very welcome sir...lol

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#9 Apr 26, 2013
DaveMC wrote:
Its funny how conservatives want less government involvement, want less spending, deficit reduction, etc. But when things start getting cut they start whinning about the cuts. You dont have to be a math genius to figure out you have to start trimming the fat somewhere and these people that do these jobs arent going to work for free. You cant reduce spending and continue spending at the same time...lol...it doesnt take an idiot to figure that out....so to answer your question HH...you are dense.
Its more of a matter of what/where the cuts are made. Seems like some were in areas designed to inflict economic pain on the country. We shell out millions for B/S like shrimps on treadmills,why drunk lesbians are get/fat,ect but can't shift funds within a dept to pay for air traffic controllers without Congressional authorization?

Level 8

Hoosierville

#10 Apr 26, 2013
It's all a big 'farce*' on governments part.

*an empty or patently ridiculous act, proceeding, or situation

Congress lets the spoiled unadult (NPD guy) get by with it!

Level 8

Location hidden

#11 Apr 26, 2013
Oki- The cuts are automatic across the board to dicretionary programs unless previously exempted. People make it sound like Obama is purposely cutting certain programs because he didnt get his way when the executive branch does not have the power to alter the cuts. A Bi-partisan panel pre-determined these cuts to be enacted in case the BCA panel failed at reaching an agreement in deficit reduction...HH's post is misleading as 99.9% of his others are.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Dump American Eagle

#12 Apr 26, 2013
DaveMC wrote:
Oki- The cuts are automatic across the board to dicretionary programs unless previously exempted. People make it sound like Obama is purposely cutting certain programs because he didnt get his way when the executive branch does not have the power to alter the cuts. A Bi-partisan panel pre-determined these cuts to be enacted in case the BCA panel failed at reaching an agreement in deficit reduction...HH's post is misleading as 99.9% of his others are.
The sequestration was a creation of the White House. Whether Obama's idea or not it came from his people and has his finger prints all over it. He and our inept Congress did nothing for,what? 18 months and watched it coming. When the clutch time came and the cuts were inevitable Congress wanted to give the President the discretionary powers to make selected cuts rather than the across the board ones. Obama declined and decided,maybe to his credit,to let the chips fall. Any way you slice it we have seen the most worthless Congress in recent memory when it comes to doing the peoples' business. I'm looking forward to the mid-terms.....

Level 8

Location hidden

#13 Apr 26, 2013
There is no doubt Congress has failed the majority of the American people miserably but have they not been doing this to us for years spanning before Obamas terms? My whole point of my first post is if you complain about the deficit, and you complain about the cuts, and you complain about spending you are doing nothing more than spinning your wheels. If you are going to keep spending at the rate our government does you have to raise taxes or start making drastic cuts and be ready to deal with the consequences when cuts are made. Weve just scratched the surface of cuts that are going to affect us until 2021. Its gonna get a whole lot worse for a whole lot more people.

Level 8

Hoosierville

#14 Apr 27, 2013
Thank you okimar for straightening DaveMC out,
I'm sure he already knew that but has this strange
compassion for Obama-why-who knows?
He did say 1 thing 'i' whole-heartily agree with:
"Its gonna get a whole lot worse for a whole lot more people."

PS: And if "WE" continue to have the same kind of government 'we' have now they'll leave it that way-
why not-they're living the good-life off "US"?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#15 May 1, 2013
So fine, the White House proposed it.

It did so only after months of Republicans publicly demanding huge spending cuts and refusing to consider any revenues and acting as if they were prepared to send the nation into default over spending.

In other words, this was the administration’s idea in much the way that it’s a parent’s “idea” to pay ransom to a person who has taken his child hostage. There was a gun to the White House’s head, which was the possibility of the country going into default.

And then, when it was all put into legislation, it was the Republicans who passed the Budget Control Act of 2011 in the House, with 218 of them voting yes.

So even if administration officials proposed it, it would have remained just a proposal if those 218 Republicans hadn’t supported it (no House Democrats backed it).

Most Republicans agreed at the time that the sequestration trigger was a good thing—that it would force everyone to get together and agree to a path forward and a long-term budget deal.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#16 May 1, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Its more of a matter of what/where the cuts are made. Seems like some were in areas designed to inflict economic pain on the country. We shell out millions for B/S like shrimps on treadmills,why drunk lesbians are get/fat,ect but can't shift funds within a dept to pay for air traffic controllers without Congressional authorization?
All it took was congress and their staff being inconvenienced and the problem was fixed in 24 hours :) They live by different laws. Insider trading will put you in jail but congressmen become millionaires by doing that

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Dump American Eagle

#17 May 1, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>All it took was congress and their staff being inconvenienced and the problem was fixed in 24 hours :) They live by different laws. Insider trading will put you in jail but congressmen become millionaires by doing that
Ya think?!!! A broom is needed in Congress. One that will sweep out the trash. GOD,let 2014 BRING THAT BROOM. I want EVERY white headed sumbich,Democrat OR Republican gone. If they've been there more than 12 years they need to GO.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#18 May 1, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Thank you okimar for straightening DaveMC out,
I'm sure he already knew that but has this strange
compassion for Obama-why-who knows?
He did say 1 thing 'i' whole-heartily agree with:
"Its gonna get a whole lot worse for a whole lot more people."
PS: And if "WE" continue to have the same kind of government 'we' have now they'll leave it that way-
why not-they're living the good-life off "US"?
What do you hate the most HH?
The fact he's a Dem or that he's a black man who instead of being a slave is now the Master of the House?

Or are you just bitter because NOBODY wanted FLIP and FLOP for President and VP?

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#19 May 1, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
So fine, the White House proposed it.
It did so only after months of Republicans publicly demanding huge spending cuts and refusing to consider any revenues and acting as if they were prepared to send the nation into default over spending.
In other words, this was the administration’s idea in much the way that it’s a parent’s “idea” to pay ransom to a person who has taken his child hostage. There was a gun to the White House’s head, which was the possibility of the country going into default.
And then, when it was all put into legislation, it was the Republicans who passed the Budget Control Act of 2011 in the House, with 218 of them voting yes.
So even if administration officials proposed it, it would have remained just a proposal if those 218 Republicans hadn’t supported it (no House Democrats backed it).
Most Republicans agreed at the time that the sequestration trigger was a good thing—that it would force everyone to get together and agree to a path forward and a long-term budget deal.
Right and Beonher said that was only 98% of what he really wanted.

Because of that some Cancer patients are having problems getting their Chemo.

Good going Congress, you make me proud......not!!!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#20 May 1, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you hate the most HH?
The fact he's a Dem or that he's a black man who instead of being a slave is now the Master of the House?
Or are you just bitter because NOBODY wanted FLIP and FLOP for President and VP?
Oooooh!!! Ooooooh!!!

I can answer that one!!!

ALL...THE...ABOVE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 2 min honeymylove 15,958
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 3 min beatlesinthebog 2,380
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 4 min Enzo49 7,036
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min CJ Rocker 190,937
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 12 min bealesintheira 144,847
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 16 min DanFromSmithville 197,526
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 33 min honeymylove 32,164
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr Enzo49 6,147
Poll Adrian Devine is the king of Topix ! (Jun '11) 1 hr you get what you ... 161
More from around the web