Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#286 Jan 18, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Copy cats mass killers are a trend now. The first I remember was Chapman in Austin when he got his deer rifle. He had a brain tumor if I remember right.
??????
consider

AOL

#287 Jan 18, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>??????
Maybe he's talking about that dude that shot at cats to keep them from crapping in his yard. Big Lennon fan I understand.
Darius

Long Beach, CA

#288 Jan 18, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for posting that. I think with any story the first news that comes out is flawed. I remember so many mistakes in the Kennedy assassination that made it seem there was a cover up when it was just misreported
Getting your brains blown out from the front is not misreporting. It proves there was a second shooter in Dallas that day.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#289 Jan 19, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Again,who really knows? Shotgun,rifle,both really a moot point as it,or they were left in the car. Its what he actually carried with him that mattered. It WOULD be interesting to know what happened to the undisclosed weapons. Were they impounded/confiscated or are they in somebody's home,unaccounted for? Wouldn't be the first time a gun "got lost/misplaced" in the hectic rush of events going on then. But again that falls into speculation too.
Undisclosed weapons, huh?! Surely you must be rock-solid on this, because 4 weapons with so much ammo just couldn't be sufficient for an assault on an elementary school.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#290 Jan 19, 2013
It's abundantly clear that a social experiment is in order. I present the baseline data:
re-visit foxnews
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/16/at-least...

"He then drove to the school in her car with four guns, including a shotgun that was left in the back of the vehicle, and shot up two classrooms around 9:30 a.m., police say. Police added that multiple 30-round magazines and hundreds of bullets were also found at the scene."

Overview of the "myths/legends" of Sandy Hook:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/newtown.a...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/us/connecticut-...
Dec. 19 article -- 5 days after massacre

"In the car he left a shotgun, about which police have offered no details. Lanza used one of the handguns to take his own life, although police haven't said whether the gun was the Glock or the Sig Sauer.""

"Bushmaster is the No. 1 supplier of AR-15 rifles in the United States, according to the company website."

"Their weapons are used by more than 100 police departments and by the militaries of 50 nations, according to Bushmaster. Private citizens use them for "hunting, recreation, competition and home defense and security," the website says."

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/335752/l...
Dec. 16 article citing a CNN news item:

" [Lt. J. Paul Vance] told reporters that Adam Lanza used a Bushmaster AR-15 “assault-type weapon” most of the time at the school. Lanza was armed with magazines that held 30 bullets each, according to Vance. He said there were hundreds of bullets for the weapons as well.

Vance told reporters that an additional weapon, a shotgun, was recovered from a vehicle Lanza parked outside of the school. The gunman also had a Glock 10mm and a Sig Sauer 9mm, multiple magazines and additional ammunition."

another update on Dec. 20
"Authorities are also probing Lanza's history with firearms. The three weapons found near his dead body were the semiautomatic .223-caliber rifle made by Bushmaster and two handguns made by Glock and Sig Sauer. A shotgun was found in his car nearby, according to Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance."

A. The control of the experiment is demonstrating normal, average -- or better -- reading comprehension. It only requires a one-word answer to the question: "What was found in the trunk of Adam Lanza'a car?"

B. The population that relies on the murkiness of mis-truths generated and circulated by certain circles of agenda-driven wingnuts via modern media are requested to respond with a Yes/No response to the question: "Is the final answer only dependent on a personal interview with Adam Lanza upon arising from the dead, or possibly in a face-to-face in the afterlife?"

Thank you so much for your participation.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#291 Jan 19, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
It's abundantly clear that a social experiment is in order. I present the baseline data:
re-visit foxnews
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/16/at-least...
"He then drove to the school in her car with four guns, including a shotgun that was left in the back of the vehicle, and shot up two classrooms around 9:30 a.m., police say. Police added that multiple 30-round magazines and hundreds of bullets were also found at the scene."
Overview of the "myths/legends" of Sandy Hook:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/newtown.a...
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/us/connecticut-...
Dec. 19 article -- 5 days after massacre
"In the car he left a shotgun, about which police have offered no details. Lanza used one of the handguns to take his own life, although police haven't said whether the gun was the Glock or the Sig Sauer.""
"Bushmaster is the No. 1 supplier of AR-15 rifles in the United States, according to the company website."
"Their weapons are used by more than 100 police departments and by the militaries of 50 nations, according to Bushmaster. Private citizens use them for "hunting, recreation, competition and home defense and security," the website says."
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/335752/l...
Dec. 16 article citing a CNN news item:
" [Lt. J. Paul Vance] told reporters that Adam Lanza used a Bushmaster AR-15 “assault-type weapon” most of the time at the school. Lanza was armed with magazines that held 30 bullets each, according to Vance. He said there were hundreds of bullets for the weapons as well.
Vance told reporters that an additional weapon, a shotgun, was recovered from a vehicle Lanza parked outside of the school. The gunman also had a Glock 10mm and a Sig Sauer 9mm, multiple magazines and additional ammunition."
another update on Dec. 20
"Authorities are also probing Lanza's history with firearms. The three weapons found near his dead body were the semiautomatic .223-caliber rifle made by Bushmaster and two handguns made by Glock and Sig Sauer. A shotgun was found in his car nearby, according to Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance."
A. The control of the experiment is demonstrating normal, average -- or better -- reading comprehension. It only requires a one-word answer to the question: "What was found in the trunk of Adam Lanza'a car?"
B. The population that relies on the murkiness of mis-truths generated and circulated by certain circles of agenda-driven wingnuts via modern media are requested to respond with a Yes/No response to the question: "Is the final answer only dependent on a personal interview with Adam Lanza upon arising from the dead, or possibly in a face-to-face in the afterlife?"
Thank you so much for your participation.
Sheesh. IDK how these pedants can see conspiracy in the kid leaving a shot gun in the trunk. Certainly they've already run it through their minds over and over again how they would carry out such an operation. To find conspiracy in early media reports is, frankly, effing stupid.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#292 Jan 19, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Sheesh. IDK how these pedants can see conspiracy in the kid leaving a shot gun in the trunk. Certainly they've already run it through their minds over and over again how they would carry out such an operation. To find conspiracy in early media reports is, frankly, effing stupid.
Good morning, sportsfan.

*pedant* and pedantry are such good words. For some reason, I just haven't absorbed them into my vocabulary. I surely don't know why that is.[Maybe I should go and post that in "Stupid things to ponder" thread].

In context of your post regarding conspiracy,**pedants** is not the term that comes to mind.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#293 Jan 19, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Sheesh. IDK how these pedants can see conspiracy in the kid leaving a shot gun in the trunk. Certainly they've already run it through their minds over and over again how they would carry out such an operation. To find conspiracy in early media reports is, frankly, effing stupid.
OBTW ... Pedantry is fundamental in scientific studies.

Would you be responding in the 'A' group? Or the 'B' side?

;)

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#294 Jan 19, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, sportsfan.
*pedant* and pedantry are such good words. For some reason, I just haven't absorbed them into my vocabulary. I surely don't know why that is.[Maybe I should go and post that in "Stupid things to ponder" thread].
In context of your post regarding conspiracy,**pedants** is not the term that comes to mind.
You got me there! I was using it as someone who has a 'walking knowledge' or 'pedestrian knowledge' of an event. I guess I was giving them to much credit! And, i was being a bit of a...pedant...myself!

The Ferrerman regrets the error!

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#295 Jan 21, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with that. Who do you think supplied me with the cigarettes. LoL.
Ok, study hall for you Mister.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#296 Jan 21, 2013
Darius wrote:
<quoted text>Prohibition doesn't work for prostitution, alcohol and marihuana but somehow we are to believe that prohibition will work for guns? We've had a so-called drug war going on for 40 years at not only an astronomical cost for taxpayers but has affected millions of kids with gang violence and still it continues unabated. Shouldn't we as a society, a nation, as human beings have a discussion about that or just banning guns?
And I agree, there should be many discussions had but the topic of the moment is guns...and gun control.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#297 Jan 21, 2013
Did you all hear about AR-15 used to kill 5 ppl in a private home..

( shakes my head)

Hey Denny, was that one of those gun free zones you like to talk about?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#298 Jan 21, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
Did you all hear about AR-15 used to kill 5 ppl in a private home..
( shakes my head)
Hey Denny, was that one of those gun free zones you like to talk about?
Even worse- it was a home that had MORE GUNS!

More guns STILL didn't stop the carnage.

I wonder how the NRA will explain that?

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#299 Jan 21, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Even worse- it was a home that had MORE GUNS!
More guns STILL didn't stop the carnage.
I wonder how the NRA will explain that?
They'll blame it on Obama and him taking away 2nd amendment rights..

You know they will!!

“Where DO missing socks go?”

Level 7

Since: Jun 11

They run away to join the show

#300 Jan 21, 2013
Let's face it

No one needs an AR-15

It isn't needed for personal protection unless your homestead is being attacked by Indians

It isnt sporting to spray bullets at a deer

If you think you can overthrow the government by stockpiling them you are delusional

So while I don't think the type of weapon is the root cause of these public attacks on strangers I can see the argument that banning these weapons would reduce the amount of damage they could do to a crowd

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#301 Jan 21, 2013
-Topicks Puppet Show- wrote:
Let's face it
No one needs an AR-15
It isn't needed for personal protection unless your homestead is being attacked by Indians
It isnt sporting to spray bullets at a deer
If you think you can overthrow the government by stockpiling them you are delusional
So while I don't think the type of weapon is the root cause of these public attacks on strangers I can see the argument that banning these weapons would reduce the amount of damage they could do to a crowd
They keep pointing out that more people are killed by 'blunt instruments' than rifles though, lately, that seems to be changing. They might note then that, gun-wise, it's handguns that do most of the murdering but, that would kinda defeat the purpose of not blaming guns at all but, instead, hammers and their ready availability.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#302 Jan 21, 2013
We all know that gun control is not the answer to all the violence just as we all know there are thousands of them ( assault weapons) in the hands of the public already and if I heard right those will be grandfathered in to any law passed but something needs to be done and arming 70 yr. old grandma teachers is not the answer.

Now all you'll have is weeknd trained Annie Oakley's or Wyatt Earps who think they can stop the bad guy but are in no way mentally prepared to look into the eyes of a madman or woman and take a life so they will panic and get themselves and students killed..

To me it's one of the most insane ideas that has come out of all of this...
Darius

Long Beach, CA

#303 Jan 21, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
They'll blame it on Obama and him taking away 2nd amendment rights..
You know they will!!
I'm glad Obama was re-elected. A few sheep have awaken the last four years, but a lot more will awaken during the next four. It's true that the best gun salesman this country has ever seen is Obama.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#304 Jan 21, 2013
Darius wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad Obama was re-elected. A few sheep have awaken the last four years, but a lot more will awaken during the next four. It's true that the best gun salesman this country has ever seen is Obama.
ha! Thats all you're going to get out of me.

“*=* Always Thinking *=*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#305 Jan 21, 2013
NRA grows in strength by millions!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oregon farmers agree slugs are a problem _ but ... 3 min Spotted Girl 25
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 3 min Camilla 1,210
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 16 min Doug77 31,178
Things to do while waiting........ 17 min ellaquent 335
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 19 min Proud To Be Trina 9,605
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 21 min Dogen 154,706
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 22 min Doug77 3,951
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 23 min Shaddup 39,979
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 40 min Wolftracks 159,852
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 2 hr Doug77 28,153
Word Association (Jun '10) 3 hr say it aint so 26,952
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 6 hr John Boner 169
More from around the web