School closings/delays

Posted in the Weird Forum

Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#1 Jan 22, 2014
I think schools should close when it's below -10. It was -20 this morn, and I felt bad sending my kids to school in such cold weather, even all bundled up! Schools throughout the south close when it's like 10 out, but my upstate NY school can't close when it's -20 out? What's up with that?
BTW my schools superintendent usually refuses to use any snow days or delays-- it's so dumb.

What do you think?

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 22, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
I think schools should close when it's below -10. It was -20 this morn, and I felt bad sending my kids to school in such cold weather, even all bundled up! Schools throughout the south close when it's like 10 out, but my upstate NY school can't close when it's -20 out? What's up with that?
BTW my schools superintendent usually refuses to use any snow days or delays-- it's so dumb.

What do you think?
I think you are right and its too cold. Here in the South we do use our snow days, usually for the ice and snow. Maybe they feel y'all are more prepared and equipped to handle this situation? Anyways, that's too damn cold!! Stay warm my friend.

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Here, There, and Everywhere,..

#3 Jan 22, 2014
Kids Today Need All The Education They Can Get,...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 3 min andet1987 689
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min Suezanne 162,698
*Sad music/sad themes Thread* 5 min Sad Classics 94
3 Word Sentence (each word, one syllable only) 5 min andet1987 375
TOPIX you f**ked Up! 6 min Weird 0ne 2 2
Add 2 Letters to Complete a Word 6 min andet1987 676
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 8 min Old Sam 1,775
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 12 min Papa Smurfaletto 11,341
News Driver Clocked at 153MPH in Dodge Wagon 17 min MOPAR 4
Things that make life eaiser... 27 min Ferretman 566