School closings/delays

School closings/delays

Posted in the Weird Forum

Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#1 Jan 22, 2014
I think schools should close when it's below -10. It was -20 this morn, and I felt bad sending my kids to school in such cold weather, even all bundled up! Schools throughout the south close when it's like 10 out, but my upstate NY school can't close when it's -20 out? What's up with that?
BTW my schools superintendent usually refuses to use any snow days or delays-- it's so dumb.

What do you think?

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 22, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
I think schools should close when it's below -10. It was -20 this morn, and I felt bad sending my kids to school in such cold weather, even all bundled up! Schools throughout the south close when it's like 10 out, but my upstate NY school can't close when it's -20 out? What's up with that?
BTW my schools superintendent usually refuses to use any snow days or delays-- it's so dumb.

What do you think?
I think you are right and its too cold. Here in the South we do use our snow days, usually for the ice and snow. Maybe they feel y'all are more prepared and equipped to handle this situation? Anyways, that's too damn cold!! Stay warm my friend.

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Here, There, and Everywhere,..

#3 Jan 22, 2014
Kids Today Need All The Education They Can Get,...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 9 min wichita-rick 2,562
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 14 min jollyroger 195,673
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 20 min KNIGHT DeVINE 81,634
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 22 min wichita-rick 15,755
True False Game (Jun '11) 24 min KNIGHT DeVINE 12,025
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 26 min wichita-rick 189,627
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 27 min KNIGHT DeVINE 5,641
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 1 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 1,885
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 2 hr andet1987 2,106
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 4 hr Dont_You_Dare 144,203
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 5 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 31,933
More from around the web