despite his heavily tattooed arms..

So, I suppose
different strokes for different folks!

Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#174 Sep 2, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> Did you even read my first post. Many , I never said all, people with tattoos do not like when they are judged by their tattoos. I merely pointed out that people are always judging , like it or not. That is the way life goes. A person with a tattoo is being unfair and unreasonable to alter their appearance and just expect everyone to merrily agree and think what they did to their body is attractive and cool. Life does not work that way.
Of course I read it, but I was not replying to that so much as I was replying based on the title of this thread and the many comments overall. If I were replying directly to that comment I would have clicked on "reply" to it. The title of this thread is "Tattoo people are hypocrites" That would imply that every single person with a tattoo is a hypocrite. I disagree with that. People with tattoos are still people, but they have tattoos. That being said, it is going to decrease the amount of people who will want to date them, as will many other factors, such as do they smoke, how do they treat people, and the list goes on and on. Every person has the right to decide who they do are don't want to date or associate with, but there is never a need for name-calling.

Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#175 Sep 2, 2013
"or" - not "are", sorry

“Just my opinion”

Level 2

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#176 Sep 2, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
DAVID BECKHAM,
Aside from being a top
sportsman is also a fashion icon,
despite his heavily tattooed arms..
So, I suppose
different strokes for different folks!
...And yet another person that emulates someone set for life. You try looking for a job with all those visible tattoos like Beckham and see what happens to you and your success in life. Celebrities can afford to uglify their bodies, they do not have to worry about making money. That is what , surprisingly, many average people do not realize. People need to get wise to the fact that tattoos can and will hurt job prospects. The truth hurts but it is also obvious.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#177 Sep 2, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> Did you even read my first post. Many , I never said all, people with tattoos do not like when they are judged by their tattoos. I merely pointed out that people are always judging , like it or not. That is the way life goes. A person with a tattoo is being unfair and unreasonable to alter their appearance and just expect everyone to merrily agree and think what they did to their body is attractive and cool. Life does not work that way.
Are you saying you don't generalize people with tattoos now? One side of your mouth you say you don't mean ALL, and the other side you call people with ink, low class, unintelligent, you call them sick and mentally ill. And to quote you "tattoo people lack intelligence and are reckless and irresponsible".

Let me guess, you didn't mean ALL...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#178 Sep 2, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> ...And yet another person that emulates someone set for life. You try looking for a job with all those visible tattoos like Beckham and see what happens to you and your success in life. Celebrities can afford to uglify their bodies, they do not have to worry about making money. That is what , surprisingly, many average people do not realize. People need to get wise to the fact that tattoos can and will hurt job prospects. The truth hurts but it is also obvious.
Not really......those who have a lot of tattoos know how to cover them up and there are only a few businesses that actually have rules against visible tattoos and piercings.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#179 Sep 2, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> ...And yet another person that emulates someone set for life. You try looking for a job with all those visible tattoos like Beckham and see what happens to you and your success in life. Celebrities can afford to uglify their bodies, they do not have to worry about making money. That is what , surprisingly, many average people do not realize. People need to get wise to the fact that tattoos can and will hurt job prospects. The truth hurts but it is also obvious.
Why do you care so much about other people's choices? The stigma of ink and job prospect is fading and will probably be non-existent by the next generation. In most civilized countries anyway. Possible the U.S. will be a couple of generations behind, but that's not surprising, same sex couples can't even legally marry in most of the country, which is ridiculous.

“Just my opinion”

Level 2

Location hidden

#181 Sep 2, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really......those who have a lot of tattoos know how to cover them up and there are only a few businesses that actually have rules against visible tattoos and piercings.
I happily walk around wearing my shorts and short sleeve shirts . It must suck having to wear long sleeve shirts and long pants and in some cases turtlenecks. lol

“Just my opinion”

Level 2

Location hidden

#182 Sep 2, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you care so much about other people's choices? The stigma of ink and job prospect is fading and will probably be non-existent by the next generation. In most civilized countries anyway. Possible the U.S. will be a couple of generations behind, but that's not surprising, same sex couples can't even legally marry in most of the country, which is ridiculous.
I think tattoos are ugly , just like I think that pants on the ground are ugly. Sorry, that is my right to think that. Again for the umpteenth time. I judge people with tattoos as impulsive, unintelligent,untrustworthy, narcissistic, followers and childish . If I am stereotyping that is my right to do so. People have stereotyped appearance forever. You chose to alter your body. That said, I am accepting of all races, ethnicities, both genders, and sexual orientation. When tattoo people try to compare their plight to REAL PREJUDICE, they are being drama queens.

“Just my opinion”

Level 2

Location hidden

#183 Sep 2, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not hire them and that is wishful thinking on your part. More and more companies have rules and as of the past few months even the military has made rules regarding visible tattoos. Tattoo removal businesses are flourishing more than ever. I still believe my eyes. Outside the convenience store is generally the same people that smoke that have tattoos. I am not a fan of people mutilating their bodies because they are insecure about themselves. Sorry lady, You are SOL and living in dreamland if you think that people are just going to ignore others uglifying their body.

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Denton, TX

#184 Sep 2, 2013
Seems this entire thread has come down to dating and what makes one more 'attractive' to more people. Honestly, seems like a rather vapid way to make ones life decisions.

Do my tattoos narrow the spectrum of women I can get dates from (hypothetically speaking of course, as a man with an upcoming June wedding I ain't doing too much dating anymore)? Sure, maybe, I don't know. Truth be told, I have never struggled meeting women. What had limited me in my experience, was my own pickiness, not availability of willing women. Add to my tattoos the fact that I am vegan, a non-smoker/non-drinker/non-dru g user, outdoor enthusiast, hiker/backpacker/runner/rock climber/etc, an anarchist, an agnostic, an avid reader of books (those weird things that people read before the internet), an animal lover, an activist and I would not date a woman who didn't share my values and interests, my tattoos aren't really such a problem.

Lastly, where have I shown any hypocrisy or outrage at the thought that some folks might "judge" me by my tattoos? Far from angering me I appreciate it. I can then immediately know that I am dealing with such a vapid and profoundly shallow individual that I need not dig deeper. Folks who judge the "book by the cover" general do so because they, themselves, tend to lack any depth, thus they judge the world by what they know, which it's nothing but appearance.

But again, this is nothing but the blathering of a hypocrite who is easy manipulated by Hollywood AND making poor decisions when viewed through the lens of marketing oneself on internet dating sites, so, ya know, keep that in mind...

(giggle)

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#185 Sep 2, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> I think tattoos are ugly , just like I think that pants on the ground are ugly. Sorry, that is my right to think that. Again for the umpteenth time. I judge people with tattoos as impulsive, unintelligent,untrustworthy, narcissistic, followers and childish . If I am stereotyping that is my right to do so. People have stereotyped appearance forever. You chose to alter your body. That said, I am accepting of all races, ethnicities, both genders, and sexual orientation. When tattoo people try to compare their plight to REAL PREJUDICE, they are being drama queens.
Nothing wrong with hating tattoos, it's a very personal choice. But you don't hate tattoos, you hate the people that like them. You hate the people, what could be more bigoted than that?

Matter of fact you hate them so much, you've started numerous threads just to discuss how much you hate them.

Seems almost like an obsession.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#186 Sep 2, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> I happily walk around wearing my shorts and short sleeve shirts . It must suck having to wear long sleeve shirts and long pants and in some cases turtlenecks. lol
I rarely see professionals wearing shorts and short sleeves to work. At least not here, but people do dress more tastefully here than they do where you live.

“September”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#187 Sep 2, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
Firstly,
The only thing wrong with my skin now,
Is nature's tattooing> wrinkles:)
I don't have to look for a job anymore,
I'M retired..

The other side of your argument is,
that if one were turned down for a job because
of tattoos, they would have a case by pointing
out BECKHAM and his likes,
This is a freer age in many ways
and tho' I personally don't care for tattoos,
I'd advocate that those who wish to have them
be allowed that freedom...
Even inherent workplace.

“September”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#188 Sep 2, 2013
Correction to last line>

'Even in the workplace'

“... lazy, hazy, crazy...”

... daze of summer ...

#189 Sep 2, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> I happily walk around wearing my shorts and short sleeve shirts . It must suck having to wear long sleeve shirts and long pants and in some cases turtlenecks. lol
... still wearing that short sleeve t-shirt with the arrow pointing up and the words "im with stupid" on it ...???

“Just my opinion”

Level 2

Location hidden

#190 Sep 2, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I rarely see professionals wearing shorts and short sleeves to work. At least not here, but people do dress more tastefully here than they do where you live.
I'm in Florida. I do not hate people with tattoos . I pity them. I truly do.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#191 Sep 2, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
I don't know about that.....I wear shorts and short sleeve t-shirts and tanks all the time......my tattoos are not visible UNLESS I want them to be......however, I am considering getting one just above my ankle and one on my shoulder.....again, easy to cover if need be or not.......I don't care.....I don't owe you or anyone else an explanation, but I will tell you this, if someone asks me about my tattoos, I am more than happy to explain why I got them and what they mean:-)

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#192 Sep 2, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> I'm in Florida.
Then I pity you, I truly do.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#193 Sep 2, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
More and more companies have rules and as of the past few months even the military has made rules regarding visible tattoos.
I hate to inform you of this, but the Military has ALWAYS had a policy on visible tattoos when in Uniform......and I've been out 27 years now and that policy was in place when I joined the military!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Weirdest White House Security BreachesThe S... 5 min dragoon70056 5
What's the time where you live? (May '13) 6 min Mechanic 810
10,000th Post WINS 4.0 (Apr '12) 7 min Truths 4,970
(Non Computer) Mouse issues HELP!! 7 min Sally Brown 40
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min The Dude 117,308
I spoke with GOD 9 min Sally Brown 27
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 10 min Truths 1,281
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 11 min ZkyClank 6,361
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Nobody 2 Special 21,265
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr PFfff 147,586