“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#128 Aug 28, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
Why are you people even concerned about an anonymous stranger on the nets opinion is online? Seriously? If you are truly secure in your decision to uglify your body, you would bypass this thread and laugh . I laugh when people make fun of something about my appearance and walk away. That is because I am secure about myself and my decisions on what I wear and how I carry myself. I see a lot of defense mechanisms at work here, which leads me to believe that many of you people that are inked have buyers remorse. That is too bad.
Well you seemed concerned about the opinion of the tattooed girl that rejected you on the dating website. You started an entire thread just to talk about it.

“Just my opinion”

Level 2

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#129 Aug 28, 2013
Again I never said all. I feel bad for you. Obviously, you are not secure with what you did to your body. I will never comprehend anyone lowlifing their body. It is worse for women. Women have such beautiful skin and it is such a shame when they do stupid things like inking it. It is true, you do not see bumper stickers on a Lexus. But even a bumper sticker on a Volkswagen, makes it look uglier. I am very ok with myself but I do think it is tragic what women do to waste their beautiful skin, all because of Hollywood manipulation. So sad.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#130 Aug 28, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
Again I never said all. I feel bad for you. Obviously, you are not secure with what you did to your body. I will never comprehend anyone lowlifing their body. It is worse for women. Women have such beautiful skin and it is such a shame when they do stupid things like inking it. It is true, you do not see bumper stickers on a Lexus. But even a bumper sticker on a Volkswagen, makes it look uglier. I am very ok with myself but I do think it is tragic what women do to waste their beautiful skin, all because of Hollywood manipulation. So sad.
I'm happily married but if I wasn't secure with who I am, I too would probably be on dating websites worried about the standards and opinions of others.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

“Just my opinion”

Level 2

Location hidden

#131 Aug 28, 2013
Many people are on dating websites. There is this new thing called the internet. I truly believe you regret your tattoos and deep down know I am right and know that you have been had by the corporate manipulators... In your case... Hollywood. Otherwise you would not be so defensive.

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

#132 Aug 28, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is it's less about your opinion on a tattoo and more having to do with the fact that folks simply don't like you!!!
Your insults just prove how little you understand things.
Ding ding ding ding ding!!!!!

We have a winner!!!!!

8-)

Agreed, 100%
BrittanyDaile

Poplar Bluff, MO

#133 Aug 28, 2013
I have multiple tattoos, and am incredibly happy with them. My decision to get tatted had nothing to do with anyone in Hollywood, or peer pressure. Each and every one of my tats holds special meaning to me. I think about what gets put on my body because I know it will be there forever.

I fully realized before I got my first tattoo that there were people who wouldn't like it. I also realized that I don't really care what other people think of me. I'm happy with the way I look, and my opinion of my body is the only one that matters to me.

As far as I'm concerned, my skin is just as beautiful now as it was before. It's still smooth and soft, and now it has pretty pictures on it, too. In fact, I'm working on designing a full back piece right now. It's going to be simply amazing!

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

#134 Aug 28, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
You should move to Edmonton.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#135 Aug 28, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> Again... WE ALL JUDGE .. Whether it is appearance or self destructive behaviour or whatever. To deny this is not being human. I hire people. Of course, I have to judge who is going to help me bring the most profits. I date people, of course I have to judge who is the best girl to bring home to mom and at the same time sexually excites me. etc. etc. etc. Life works that way.
So, you aren't married and at your age of being an adult(at least I hope so), you still need your mother's approval of who might be your future wife.......wow, I know 5 years ago when I got married.......I didn't need my parents approval of the person who became my wife!!!

By the way, your comments speak volumes of the sort of person you are......good luck in your life!!!
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#136 Aug 28, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
By the way I never said ALL people that have tattoos. You speaking for everyone shows me that you have delusions of grandeur. I just speak for myself and never include everyone of a demographic. I still think tattoos are stupid and ugly but again that is an opinion on appearance, which I have every right to voice in forum that allows people to express their opinions .
whats wrong crawfish, lost your conviction?

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

#137 Aug 28, 2013
People who judge others by their appearance are generally not happy with their own. It's what's inside that counts, not how someone looks on the outside. OP is just a shallow, jealous, lonely person looking for attention and the only way he'll get it is by provoking others into responding to his crazy posts.

Why don't you post your picture so we can all judge you on your appearance?

“September”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#138 Aug 30, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
I always thought CHERYL COLE is a
beautiful looking woman, looks
so good on camera.. very photogenic...
but what EVER made her decide to do a tattoo
like this!!!.
It looks awful, IMO... I think it's away too big,
To me, it looks like a skin disease...
But obviously she likes it!!
so there's no accounting for taste.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-...
In all the posts which followed no one gave an opinion
about Cheryls's tattoo.

Strange,
As it was all over the papers over here.

“Just my opinion”

Level 2

Location hidden

#139 Aug 30, 2013
ShadyBits wrote:
People who judge others by their appearance are generally not happy with their own. It's what's inside that counts, not how someone looks on the outside. OP is just a shallow, jealous, lonely person looking for attention and the only way he'll get it is by provoking others into responding to his crazy posts.
Actually I'm very happy with the way I look. I am handsome , in good physical shape and get plenty of feminine attention. I'm not gonna say something is attractive when I think it is ugly. Now, that would be hypocritical. If even once you judged someone's clothes, hair, body or whatever as repulsive , then you judged. Please get off your high horse.

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

#140 Aug 30, 2013
There's a difference between an opinion about one person and a blanket statement about an entire group of people. Sure, there are people out there that aren't my type ... but you don't see me here on topix whining about them and it doesn't prevent me from seeing the good in people. I try to look beyond physical features.

And, honestly, I've never found anyone repulsive. I guess I'm just different. I don't base my relationships or friendships on looks.

Just remember that while you're judging people you don't bother to get to know, there's someone out there judging you the same. What goes around comes around.

“September”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#141 Aug 30, 2013
ShadyBits wrote:
That would be the ideal indeed, but
It is not so simple,
true, I agree that 'it's what's inside that counts'
and yet,
In many ways people ARE judged by appearance..
There is a swanky super shopping mall near
where I live, and more recently it was found that
they would only employ very attractive looking
young males & females as sales assistants,
VERY superficial, I know, but a fact.

Also when younger a group of us girls used
Go to dances, one friend a a facial birthmark,
And because of it was rarely asked to dance..
Something we, her friends really felt.

With regard to tattoos, I may see
Some of these as silly or crazy,
but in the final analysis ..
>>

each to one's own, I think

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#142 Aug 30, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> Oh so now you are judging what every woman feels about a man. Sort of narcissistic, don't ya think ? I happen to be 5-10. That is beside the point. I do not have tattoos and I do not hire people with visible tattoos. I think they are the mark of the insecure , usually the same people that are dumb enough to smoke. Yes, I know some tattoo people do not smoke. More often then not, when I see the minimum wage tatted person outside their convenience store, they are smoking.
I'd be willing to bet few people with tattoos apply to work at your Quicky Mart, Apu.

“Fluffy arctic foxes”

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#143 Aug 30, 2013
Just sort of curious:

If there was a person who lost a loved one and as a result, acquired a small tattoo does anyone's opinion change?

(I don't have any tattoos, by the way.)

“Fluffy arctic foxes”

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#144 Aug 30, 2013
ShadyBits wrote:
There's a difference between an opinion about one person and a blanket statement about an entire group of people. Sure, there are people out there that aren't my type ... but you don't see me here on topix whining about them and it doesn't prevent me from seeing the good in people. I try to look beyond physical features.
And, honestly, I've never found anyone repulsive. I guess I'm just different. I don't base my relationships or friendships on looks.
Just remember that while you're judging people you don't bother to get to know, there's someone out there judging you the same. What goes around comes around.
With every stereotype that people conjure up, there will always be people do not follow that stereotype and serve as an outlier.

http://www.neatorama.com/2007/09/23/the-tatto... #!h1qvs

The following website links to a Dr. Dave Ores, MD. I don't have tattoos but it's interesting to note that a medical professional does have them.

If anyone is curious, here are some patient reviews about Dave Ores.
http://www.yelp.ca/biz/dave-ores-md-new-york

“Just my opinion”

Level 2

Location hidden

#145 Aug 30, 2013
NotaGoth wrote:
Just sort of curious:
If there was a person who lost a loved one and as a result, acquired a small tattoo does anyone's opinion change?
mine doesnot. The money spent on the tattoo could go to a charity in memory og the departed. Money better spent. By the way , these blogs are for opinions on anything, pro and con. I would not voice my opibion on anything to a stranger.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#146 Aug 30, 2013
ShadyBits wrote:
rAmen, and that is exactly the point......we may have opinions about things, but that is NOT the same thing as judging them as the poster who started this thread does!

And personally, if one judges just by outward appearances, then that shows me that the person may be a bit on the shallow side because beauty isn't just about what's on the outside, but an overall characteristic of a person's on a whole!

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#147 Aug 30, 2013
NotaGoth wrote:
Just sort of curious:
a person should do what they want, and not worry about some random person's opinions (or internet rants)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Like..... (Mar '14) 2 min Anonomuss 310
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min Petal Power 20,155
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Sublime1 147,054
Police: Video shows man used banana to rob store 5 min Buybull Mullahs 8
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 5 min Petal Power 40,265
What's your tip for the day? 5 min Just_a_memory 1,041
*=* Hoosier Hillbilly *=* 9 min Petal Power 119
Stolen Jaguar Found 46 Years Later 18 min Buybull Mullahs 4
•••

Weird People Search