Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to inform you of this, but the Military has ALWAYS had a policy on visible tattoos when in Uniform......and I've been out 27 years now and that policy was in place when I joined the military!!!
Then if you hate to inform me , why did you?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> Then if you hate to inform me , why did you?
Well, I didn't mean it like the way you took it.....but unless you've been in the Military.......don't try and speak of something you know little about......like I said, the Military has ALWAYS had a policy on visible tattoos!!!

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

I still fail to see the correlation between Hollywood & tattoos. I've had my tattoos longer than I've had access to cable tv, never read much for gossip magazines and I really don't care much for following what the following the likes of the "rich & famous".(I've got a life of my own to worry about...)

I'd really like to know where the OP gets his facts that Hollywood is influencing "weak minded" people to get tattoos.

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Still thinking about some ink!

“Just my opinion”

Level 2

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

ShadyBits wrote:
I still fail to see the correlation between Hollywood & tattoos. I've had my tattoos longer than I've had access to cable tv, never read much for gossip magazines and I really don't care much for following what the following the likes of the "rich & famous".(I've got a life of my own to worry about...)
I'd really like to know where the OP gets his facts that Hollywood is influencing "weak minded" people to get tattoos.
There are about 3 or 4 documentary tv shows about tattoos. That is for starters. Athletes and actors tweet about their tattoos and brag about them. People do follow actors . The danger is when a fad is irreversible, as I mentioned. Getting credible employment should supersede tattoos, especially ones that are visible no matter what.
60s chic

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

tampabayallstar wrote:
I was on a singles sight and this lady was complaining that men are shallow , because so many do not like her tattoos; A choice she made with her body I might add. Reading her profile , she is saying that she wants a many over 6 ft., who makes over 80,000 and who is in good physical shape. I emailed her and challenged her on this, in a respectful way and she did not get back to me. I just do not understand how people can willingly alter their body and just expect everyone to go along and ignore that and if they judge they are shallow. People are going to judge appearance. The hypocrisy of this lady, especially on the height, is that one can not choose their height. I can argue that she is more shallow for judging something in a person that is not a choice. A man can not choose to be 6 foot tall, but this lady could have chosen not to get tattoos. Please tattoo folk , stop with your darn hypocrisy.
]

The fact that this woman professes to prefer a male who is 6 ft. tall makes $80 grand and is in good physical shape, is not being hypocritical because she is annoyed by people's judgement of her tattoos. It's a personal preference. I too always preferred taller men, but I married a man who is not tall. Why? Because he happens to be the sweetest, gentlest and manly man I have ever met. He worked hard in his life and never griped about anything. His sole purpose was, and still is, being a good husband, lover, friend and father. I couldn't have asked for a better husband had I tried. I suppose I strayed from the main topic here, but my point is that even though I had a preference, I didn't choose or fall in love with someone based only on their physical attributes alone. Anyway, my daughter has tattoos and I've never known her to make judgements about anyone. She also realizes that not everyone likes or prefers tattoos, particularly on women, but she's ok with that. She told me that happiness comes from within, not from what someone primarily thinks that you should be according to their own individual tastes and that if they don't approve or can't accept her for who she is, then they need not associate themselves, but she is always open to accepting those who have a change of heart. Guess who first opposed her the most on this matter? Me, her mother. Initially, I was so disappointed and felt so betrayed that my own child would do something against what I thought was in poor taste and not in her best favor. I had to learn that she is an adult and her life is hers. It wasn't about me, and it's not about living her life for me. She has to live with her tattoos and put up with those who judge her, not me. She's a happy, sweet and wise young woman. I'm really proud of her. I still may not completely approve of her tattoos, but they are tasteful and were expensive, but much much more then that, I'm proud of the woman she has become. She is kind to everyone, is a hard worker, and has helped out many of her friends. Her greatest love of all is animals. She has found good homes for many unwanted and stray animals. From a mother's stand point, it obviously hurts when someone disapproves of your child for whatever reasons, but tattoos is a minor issue in my personal opinion and I can live with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

148 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min YA Think 16,129
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Mister_ E 141,702
"Poetry in Motion" (Sep '13) 12 min Snevaeh legna 116
topix.com describe in one word (Apr '13) 15 min GMGMIKE 124
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 19 min GMGMIKE 137,152
Is President Obama impudent or lonesome? 25 min MistySomers1973 15
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 34 min Jennifer Renee 5,736
Grammar Blogger Fired Over 'Homo' in 'Homophones' 51 min Independent1 6
Fisherman's wharf restaurant fields angry calls... 5 hr Phyllis Schlafly s Stain 4
•••
•••