Ronald Reagan quotes:
Perhaps

Findlay, OH

#24 Feb 23, 2014
calling you a liar wrote:
<quoted text>How did you manage to get a warning referencing Ferrerman when Ferrerman hadn't posted to you?
You are a liar and a phony!
Maybe if you didn't cry to the mods all the time like a little pooooooooosie, The Doc wouldn't have received the red letter warning?

So, how's life on the low side????

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#25 Feb 23, 2014
Perhaps wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe if you didn't cry to the mods all the time like a little pooooooooosie, The Doc wouldn't have received the red letter warning?
I'd say it is good for him , Doc ????????? is getting the warnings

nice to see democracy at work .....
FINE IN MICHIGAN

Adrian, MI

#27 Feb 23, 2014
Perhaps wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe if you didn't cry to the mods all the time like a little pooooooooosie, The Doc wouldn't have received the red letter warning?
lotsa poooooooooooosies trying to control this place, democracy my azz

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#28 Feb 23, 2014
try again ....
FINE IN MICHIGAN

Adrian, MI

#29 Feb 23, 2014
too bad the CIA forced GHWB on him

“HEY! Who voted for Jared”

Since: Jun 08

Kushner? No One? Thot so.....

#30 Feb 23, 2014
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

Ronald Reagan
Eyes -- Thinking

Jackson, MO

#31 Feb 24, 2014
"0f the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the United States was too strong."
Eyes -- Thinking

Jackson, MO

#32 Feb 24, 2014
tallyho wrote:
try again ....
Must you encourage the trolling activity as often as you do, Sir?

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from
the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald W. Reagan

That's kind of like Topix banning all the unworthy that don't agree
with their definition of constitutional rights concerning Freedom of Speech.
food for thought

Schaumburg, IL

#33 Feb 24, 2014
Eyes -- Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald W. Reagan
Reagan was kind of an idiot to purposely rise to the presidency of the US- the "leader of the free world"- and then denigrate the office and the entire government he serves, like that! What an idiot!

Further proof: He despised and rejected this government his friends spent hundreds of millions to put him in charge of- AND DID NOTHING TO CHANGE IT!!!!

That's kinda typical. Recently, republicans had there guy in office for EIGHT YEARS! They did NOTHING to make government smaller- just like they did nothing to make government smaller during Reagan's eight years.

Then, when the opposition gets in the White House, they DEMAND he make government small! WTF? NOW???? You people couldn't/wouldn't do it and you expect your opposition to do it for you?

It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetically stupid!

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#34 Feb 24, 2014
Eyes -- Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald W. Reagan
right like you are going to stop . how many IDs does this make
Thank You

Jackson, MO

#35 Feb 24, 2014
Got a quote or just another opinion that goes off topic?

"No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable
as the will and moral courage of free men and women."

Ron Reagan
FINE IN MICHIGAN

Adrian, MI

#36 Feb 24, 2014
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
right like you are going to stop . how many IDs does this make
so who do you think this one is pops?

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#38 Feb 24, 2014
FINE IN MICHIGAN wrote:
<quoted text>so who do you think this one is pops?
azzhole's
Your Welcome

Jackson, MO

#39 Feb 24, 2014
FINE IN MICHIGAN wrote:
<quoted text>so who do you think this one is pops?
REPORTED

Teeheheheh, justin' kiddin' ya

*snickers*

:O

**shoot, forgot to get the ... and you can QUOTE me on that. ;-)
Your Welcome

Jackson, MO

#40 Feb 24, 2014
tallyho wrote:
Failure to comply with the Topix Terms of Service will result in your forum posts being removed from the system, and a ban on future posting.(click here to acknowledge this warning)
hey DON'T FAIL ........ obey
Yep, methinks you are being paid for all this ... otherwise

*dang, where is that epic fail link i saw yesterday

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#41 Feb 24, 2014
Ronald Reagan was a great President!

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#42 Feb 24, 2014
tallyho wrote:
knowledge is very helpful...... lack of is dangerous
LEARN:
examine Reagan’s tax cuts and tax increases in order to set the record straight and end this tomfoolery.
Over the course of his two terms in office, Reagan presided over several changes to the tax code. What is important to remember — what is vital to understand — is that not all taxes are created equal.
When Democrats or media embrace Reagan for “raising taxes X number of times,” they are usually engaging in willful obfuscation. This is because they know that when most people hear the words,“tax hike,” they naturally assume you mean raising income taxes. But tax rates (both nominal and effective) dropped dramatically across-the-board during Reagan’s tenure.
Not only did the top individual income tax rate go from 70 to 28 percent!— but the tax code was also indexed for inflation (this is a big deal, because inflation had heretofore pushed people into higher tax brackets — a double whammy.)
Yet the notion that Reagan was a tax-hiker has persisted. In recent years, Republicans ranging from former Sen. Alan Simpson to Reagan aide Bruce Bartlett have been cited noting that Reagan raised taxes (he did.) But their statements are often taken out of context — as if to muddy the waters — to make it appear that Reagan was a fan of tax hikes.
many of Reagan’s so-called “tax increases” were actually examples of ending deductions.
Overall, Reagan dramatically cut the most odious of taxes.
So, for those who care about the truth, here are some details. One of the tax increases Reagan signed (the Highway Revenue Act of 1982) was a temporary increase in the federal gas tax from 4 to 9 cents.(This could be thought of as a sort of “user fee,” inasmuch as the revenue generally went to roads and infrastructure.) Another was a cigarette tax (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985.) These are real tax increases, but should not be confused with the income tax.
understand user taxes.... if you use ,you paid for it , wasn't across the board
EDUCATION IS OPEN TO ALL , GET SOME
Yes, Reagan significantly reduced taxes and significantly increased military expenses. The result of the tax reductions and military expense increases was ~$5 Trillion more deficit, during Reagan's administration. Since the U. S. has operated with a deficit virtually every year since then, we have paid interest upon interest on this ~$5 Trillion, further contributing to our deficit.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#43 Feb 24, 2014
President Reagan is the only president to have cut the budget of the Department of Housing and Urban Development in one of his terms (a total of 40.1 percent during his second term).
President Reagan is the only president to have cut the budget of the Department of Transportation. He cut it by 10.5 percent during his first term and by 7.5 percent during his second term.
During his first term in office, President Reagan cut the real budget of the Department of Education by 18.6 percent, while President Nixon increased it (that is the education part of what was then the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare) by 19.1 percent. That budget increased by 22.2 percent under Bush 41 and by 38.5 percent under Carter. Our current president has increased it by a whooping 67.6 percent.
Reagan managed to cut the budget of the Department of Commerce by 29 percent in constant dollars during his first term and by 3 percent during his second one. President Clinton by contrast increased the department’s budget by 24 percent in his first term and then by 96.7 percent in his second term.
President Reagan cut the real budget of the Department of Agriculture by 24 percent during his second term in office.
President Reagan never cut the budgets of the departments of Defense, Health and Human Services, Justice, or State.

facts ... we now have a world class defense
FINE IN MICHIGAN

Adrian, MI

#44 Feb 24, 2014
what's your point?
Bazooka2

Jackson, MO

#45 Feb 24, 2014
"Freedom is the right to question and change the established way of doing things. It is the continuous revolution of the market place. It is the understanding to recognize the shortcoming and seek solutions."

(Addressed to students at Moscow State University 5/31/88)

President Ronald Reagan

I wish I could believe those words, alas .. I do not completely. Too much interference which makes accomplishing change necessary just seems too far out of reach anymore.

Who's to blame ...? Certainly not any of us ,,, rite?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min old_moose 221,793
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min wichita-rick 220,711
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 54 min UnderstandPeople 4,594
2words into 2new words (May '12) 56 min simply me 8,374
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 57 min simply me 13,502
What Turns You Off? (Jan '17) 58 min UnderstandPeople 959
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 1 hr simply me 15,941
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 1 hr simply me 2,119
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 5 hr A TROLL NAMED SLACK 23,938
More from around the web