Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#1 Feb 22, 2014
Ozzie

Concord, CA

#2 Feb 22, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-G overnment/2014/02/20/7-Amazing -Reagan-Quotes-that-Capture-Am ericas-Current-Condition

Ronald Reagan’s prescient words hold striking resonance to the dangers and maladies afflicting America today.

"A tree is a tree. How many more do you have to look at?"
Reagan '66, opposing expansion of Redwood National Park

"We're not building missiles to fight a war.
We're building missiles to preserve the peace." Ronald REAGON

Ronald Reagan claimed that the Russian language had no word for "freedom." (The word is "svoboda"; it's quite well attested in Russian literature.

ASK kIEV..

gREASDTEST iNSANE aNGLO LT.wARLORDS AMERICA EVER BUILT.

LEAST WE FORGET.

oZ..

“vote your heart/conscience but”

Since: Jun 08

....re-elect no one.......

#3 Feb 22, 2014
"Facts are stupid things."

Ronald Reagan
Ozzie

Concord, CA

#4 Feb 22, 2014
Old Sam wrote:
Ronald Reagan
and now you know the rest of the story.

Nite Sam.

~Oz
How about

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 22, 2014
"Go ahead tax increasers, make my day."

But that was before he raised taxes 7 times. So that quote doesn't count, riiiiite?

"Mr Gorbachev, tear down that wall."

But that was 90 days after an agreement had been signed to do just that. So that quote doesn't count either, riiiite?
How about

Chicago, IL

#6 Feb 22, 2014
someone find the quote about stopping out of control spending. You know the one. I'm sure you do. It was just before he raised the national debt by 188.6%. The highest increase to the national debt this nation has ever seen.
Yeah And

Akron, OH

#7 Feb 22, 2014
How about wrote:
someone find the quote about stopping out of control spending. You know the one. I'm sure you do. It was just before he raised the national debt by 188.6%. The highest increase to the national debt this nation has ever seen.
He brought the Soviet Union to its knees. Now we have Obummer, who's trying to bring the Soviet Union HERE, while raising the national debt by 1000%.

Your point, jackass????
Where

Jackson, MO

#8 Feb 22, 2014
" If we ever forget WE'RE ONE NATION
Under God, then We Are a nation gone under. "

Ronald Wilson Reagan (Feb 6, 1911 - June 5, 2004)

40th President of The UNITED STATES 0F AMERICA

R.I.P

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#9 Feb 22, 2014
Tear down this wall!" was the challenge issued by United States President Ronald Reagan to Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev to destroy the Berlin Wall, in a
speech by President Ronald Reagan to the people of West Berlin contains one of the most memorable lines spoken during his presidency.
How about

United States

#10 Feb 23, 2014
Yeah And wrote:
<quoted text>He brought the Soviet Union to its knees. Now we have Obummer, who's trying to bring the Soviet Union HERE, while raising the national debt by 1000%.
Your point, jackass????
By bankrupting the U.S. beyond repair. Once your debt reaches the level that Reagan put us in, there's no getting out of it.

As for president Obama. 43% increase. Less than half of what junior added to it so far.

My point. Your god Reagan not only brought the Soviet Union to its "knees", he did the same to the U.S. The damage is irreparable at this point. We are going under. It's just a matter of how much time it will take and which entity will acquire us.

Btw, I don't need to take name calling cheep shots to make my points.
Fuzzy Math

Jamestown, OH

#11 Feb 23, 2014
How about wrote:
<quoted text>
By bankrupting the U.S. beyond repair. Once your debt reaches the level that Reagan put us in, there's no getting out of it.
As for president Obama. 43% increase. Less than half of what junior added to it so far.
My point. Your god Reagan not only brought the Soviet Union to its "knees", he did the same to the U.S. The damage is irreparable at this point. We are going under. It's just a matter of how much time it will take and which entity will acquire us.
You need to put new batteries in your calculator, buddy, and stop listening to MSLSD...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#12 Feb 23, 2014
How about wrote:
<quoted text>
big error in your figures there

“Happy Halloween!”

Since: Jul 08

Who or what are you going to b

#14 Feb 23, 2014
Ronnie Raygun wrote:
"Mrs Gorbachev...tear off those panties!"
And there you go, thinking about men in panties. Perv.

“Happy Halloween!”

Since: Jul 08

Who or what are you going to b

#16 Feb 23, 2014
This is a warning from the Topix moderators. Failure to comply with the Topix Terms of Service will result in your forum posts being removed from the system, and a ban on future posting.(click here to acknowledge this warning)
Enough with the posts referring ferrerman as a pedophile or any other insulting comments. admin@Topix
FINE IN MICHIGAN

Durand, MI

#17 Feb 23, 2014
Ozzie wrote:
<quoted text> .
Ronald Reagan’s prescient words hold striking resonance to the dangers and maladies afflicting America today.
"A tree is a tree. How many more do you have to look at?"
Reagan '66, opposing expansion of Redwood National Park
"We're not building missiles to fight a war.
We're building missiles to preserve the peace." Ronald REAGON
Ronald Reagan claimed that the Russian language had no word for "freedom." (The word is "svoboda"; it's quite well attested in Russian literature.
ASK kIEV..
gREASDTEST iNSANE aNGLO LT.wARLORDS AMERICA EVER BUILT.
LEAST WE FORGET.
oZ..
what he said
FINE IN MICHIGAN

Durand, MI

#18 Feb 23, 2014
Dr_Dirty wrote:
This is a warning from the Topix moderators. Failure to comply with the Topix Terms of Service will result in your forum posts being removed from the system, and a ban on future posting.(click here to acknowledge this warning)
Enough with the posts referring ferrerman as a pedophile or any other insulting comments. admin@Topix
where on the same watch list, the short one, in the purple folder, the folder next to the shredder metaphorically speaking

welcome brother
FINE IN MICHIGAN

Durand, MI

#19 Feb 23, 2014
Old Sam wrote:
Ronald Reagan
<full on belly laugh>

ty, SLACK
HA HA

Jackson, MO

#20 Feb 23, 2014
Politics isn't a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards;
If you disgrace yourself you can always write a book.

The Gipper

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#22 Feb 23, 2014
Failure to comply with the Topix Terms of Service will result in your forum posts being removed from the system, and a ban on future posting.(click here to acknowledge this warning)

hey DON'T FAIL ........ obey

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#23 Feb 23, 2014
knowledge is very helpful...... lack of is dangerous

LEARN:

examine Reagan’s tax cuts and tax increases in order to set the record straight and end this tomfoolery.

Over the course of his two terms in office, Reagan presided over several changes to the tax code. What is important to remember — what is vital to understand — is that not all taxes are created equal.

When Democrats or media embrace Reagan for “raising taxes X number of times,” they are usually engaging in willful obfuscation. This is because they know that when most people hear the words,“tax hike,” they naturally assume you mean raising income taxes. But tax rates (both nominal and effective) dropped dramatically across-the-board during Reagan’s tenure.

Not only did the top individual income tax rate go from 70 to 28 percent!— but the tax code was also indexed for inflation (this is a big deal, because inflation had heretofore pushed people into higher tax brackets — a double whammy.)

Yet the notion that Reagan was a tax-hiker has persisted. In recent years, Republicans ranging from former Sen. Alan Simpson to Reagan aide Bruce Bartlett have been cited noting that Reagan raised taxes (he did.) But their statements are often taken out of context — as if to muddy the waters — to make it appear that Reagan was a fan of tax hikes.

many of Reagan’s so-called “tax increases” were actually examples of ending deductions.

Overall, Reagan dramatically cut the most odious of taxes.

So, for those who care about the truth, here are some details. One of the tax increases Reagan signed (the Highway Revenue Act of 1982) was a temporary increase in the federal gas tax from 4 to 9 cents.(This could be thought of as a sort of “user fee,” inasmuch as the revenue generally went to roads and infrastructure.) Another was a cigarette tax (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985.) These are real tax increases, but should not be confused with the income tax.

understand user taxes.... if you use ,you paid for it , wasn't across the board

EDUCATION IS OPEN TO ALL , GET SOME

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min The Dude 122,187
True or False Game 4 min Vector aka Victor... 624
Spirit's Good Night Thread 4 min Hoosier Hillbilly 3
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 7 min Denny CranesPlace 17,465
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,862
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 8 min Dragoon90120 22,543
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min wichita-rick 149,559
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 22 min Hitesrunprincess 46,085
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr -Shaman- 7,029

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE