Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#1 Jun 11, 2014
FOOLED YOU!!!
Hillary Clinton said that.

Hillary Clinton: I Helped Restore U.S. Leadership In The World

By FRANK JAMES, NPR

To hear Hillary Clinton, the former secretary of state and once and maybe future Democratic presidential candidate tell it, her new book, Hard Choices, isn't the kickoff to a 2016 campaign.

She still hasn't made up her mind about another run for the presidency, she told Renee Montagne, co-host of NPR's Morning Edition. It's more a review of the decisions she made as the nation's top diplomat.

Here are some interview highlights:

Her accomplishments: To hear Clinton tell it, she helped rebuild the U.S. image in the world after the George W. Bush administration badly mangled it.

"The most important thing I did was to help restore America's leadership in the world. And I think that was a very important accomplishment. We were flat on our back when I walked in there the first time.

"We were viewed as being untrustworthy, as violating our moral rules and values, as being economically hobbled. And we had to get out there and once again promote American values and pursue our interests and protect national security. Because of the eight years that preceded us it was the economic collapse, it was two wars, it was the war on terror that led to some very unfortunate, un-American actions being taken. That was my biggest challenge. It was why the president asked me to be secretary of state."

Questions:
Who's { we } Hillary?
Flat on our back ...???
The George W. Bush administration badly mangled it. Hey! She said something I agree with!
"We were ((( and still are ))) viewed as being untrustworthy, as violating our moral rules and values, as being economically hobbled. Come on Hillary /// and Obama's made it better?
un-American actions being taken - again I agree with her "if she's referring to her term as Secretary of State

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 11, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
FOOLED YOU!!!
Hillary Clinton said that.
Hillary Clinton: I Helped Restore U.S. Leadership In The World
By FRANK JAMES, NPR
To hear Hillary Clinton, the former secretary of state and once and maybe future Democratic presidential candidate tell it, her new book, Hard Choices, isn't the kickoff to a 2016 campaign.
She still hasn't made up her mind about another run for the presidency, she told Renee Montagne, co-host of NPR's Morning Edition. It's more a review of the decisions she made as the nation's top diplomat.
Here are some interview highlights:
Her accomplishments: To hear Clinton tell it, she helped rebuild the U.S. image in the world after the George W. Bush administration badly mangled it.
"The most important thing I did was to help restore America's leadership in the world. And I think that was a very important accomplishment. We were flat on our back when I walked in there the first time.
"We were viewed as being untrustworthy, as violating our moral rules and values, as being economically hobbled. And we had to get out there and once again promote American values and pursue our interests and protect national security. Because of the eight years that preceded us it was the economic collapse, it was two wars, it was the war on terror that led to some very unfortunate, un-American actions being taken. That was my biggest challenge. It was why the president asked me to be secretary of state."
Questions:
Who's { we } Hillary?
Flat on our back ...???
The George W. Bush administration badly mangled it. Hey! She said something I agree with!
"We were ((( and still are ))) viewed as being untrustworthy, as violating our moral rules and values, as being economically hobbled. Come on Hillary /// and Obama's made it better?
un-American actions being taken - again I agree with her "if she's referring to her term as Secretary of State
The first time she was asked the question of what her major accomplishment she could think of anything she did. About time she came up with some kind of BS answer :) I loved her flat broke comment about paying mortgages on houses. She has two multi million dollar home in the states, and two more in Europe. Just one of the common people my azz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min Sublime1 28,817
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 20 min Analog man 8,933
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 34 min Analog man 2,183
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 48 min Grace Nerissa 38,582
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 48 min Suezanne 155,530
"man" words 49 min whatimeisit 264
last word - first (Jun '12) 56 min whatimeisit 7,375
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 2 hr Suezanne 861
Are You a MEAN Person ? 2 hr Suezanne 58
More from around the web