Comments
1 - 20 of 53 Comments Last updated May 21, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dad of 3

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

While they're at it again, using the word "racy" to describe children's fashions which they think are two adult and two sexualizing. I'm sorry but when they use that word, it just reeks of puritanical prudishness to me. And I'm a dad with two girls! The most recent is a line of clothing caught out by a girl named Emily Grace Reaves (who evidently was on that Hannah Montana TV show and is friends with Miley Cyrus' little sister)- anyway, the picture they use in the headline to show the horrible clothing that's too sexualizing, because it's 'too close to adult fashion' while at the full likely a target with a skirt the goal is almost the needs and yes it's freely and something a little girl would think is fashionable, but is not revealing at all. The adult fashion they show next to it which IS really revealing while the only thing they have in common is a kind of leopard print fabric of the upper. Let's just say if one of my girls wanted that, I think it was silly looking but I would keep that to myself and I get it for her I could (things like that are generally way overpriced which would kill the deal). I just wish these do-gooders would pick a battle worth fighting! Because this one and all the ones like I've seen recently are not too revealing at all, and just much ado about nothing.
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 15, 2013
 
I don't know which one you're talking about. IMHO, I tend to try to avoid the "wear what they are wearing." I think this might lead to "act like they act." Personally, some of the fashion for little girls is a bit to restrictive, tight, for play and fun. If I can say to them, "Let loose!" Then I know the clothes is for them if it says to me, "I can't even squat to look at a bug in this." My conclusions are it really isn't thinking about children but being designed "differently."

JMO, kids are like mega sponges and something that may seem insignificant to an adult translates so differently into a child's mind. They literally are emotional memory sponges....

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Sorry, but adults wearing racy kid's clothes is just not my thing.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 15, 2013
 
milwaukee69 wrote:
Sorry, but adults wearing racy kid's clothes is just not my thing.
Awwww..We ALL need to allow OUR inner child to PLAY..SOURPUSS!!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

What did Michael Jackson and K-mart have in commom=n?

Both had boy's pants - half off.

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Are you the nudist guy who started another thread about his kids wearing thong bikinis? Just curious.

In any case, today's kids clothing tends to be more adult than they should be, in my opinion. If I had a daughter there's no way I'd let her leave the house dressed like a street walker. I am not puritanical or prudish by any means but I do believe in self respect.

“n stuff..”

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

ShadyBits wrote:
Are you the nudist guy who started another thread about his kids wearing thong bikinis? Just curious.
In any case, today's kids clothing tends to be more adult than they should be, in my opinion. If I had a daughter there's no way I'd let her leave the house dressed like a street walker. I am not puritanical or prudish by any means but I do believe in self respect.
totally agree with you, just because it shows no skin, doesnt mean its not too racy... look at what theyve done with the pagents ....back in the day it was a freshed faced little girl with ribbons and bows,,now they are made up like little prostitutes,,make up and all,, no,,,,let them be innocent as long as they can be...its not prudish, its good parenting..
:)

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

If there is a pedophile around, it just might be better to have your children show a bit more modesty. The child you save may be your own.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

flbadcatowner wrote:
If there is a pedophile around, it just might be better to have your children show a bit more modesty. The child you save may be your own.
Are you kidding?
Dr Joyces Brothers

Medford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Apparently pedophiles like a kid that dresses racy? I thought pedophiles like kids, period.

“n stuff..”

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

lol wowser!

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding?
There are enough children appearing on milk cartons as it is. Do we compound the problem by enticing a dirty old man by whetting his appetite? I wonder how many people who post here supporting racy styles for children get a rise out of seeing them worn?

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Dr Joyces Brothers wrote:
Apparently pedophiles like a kid that dresses racy? I thought pedophiles like kids, period.
True, but I am sure would be rapists like women period, but they are especially attracted to those in skimpy clothes.

“n stuff..”

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Dr Joyces Brothers wrote:
Apparently pedophiles like a kid that dresses racy? I thought pedophiles like kids, period.
This is 2013 Joyce.! Keep up..!

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>There are enough children appearing on milk cartons as it is. Do we compound the problem by enticing a dirty old man by whetting his appetite? I wonder how many people who post here supporting racy styles for children get a rise out of seeing them worn?
It is this antiquated view that it is the children's fault that has kept pedophiles in business. "Oh things are so much worse today" what a load of garbage. It was swept under the carpet that uncle 'John' was a freaking perv, so his niece must have brought it on herself. Really?!?!? A grown man that has no self control is the issue, not how a child is dressed.

Children are just that, children. They need parents that teach them to value themselves. The concept of another harming them is not an easy one for them grasp.

Based on your comments I'm sure you know who Shirley Temple was, who thought it was okay to dress her in those much to short dresses? That was how many years ago?

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>It is this antiquated view that it is the children's fault that has kept pedophiles in business. "Oh things are so much worse today" what a load of garbage. It was swept under the carpet that uncle 'John' was a freaking perv, so his niece must have brought it on herself. Really?!?!? A grown man that has no self control is the issue, not how a child is dressed.
Children are just that, children. They need parents that teach them to value themselves. The concept of another harming them is not an easy one for them grasp.
Based on your comments I'm sure you know who Shirley Temple was, who thought it was okay to dress her in those much to short dresses? That was how many years ago?
Stierschei▀! I blame the adults and not the children for the immodest apparel. With the adults unwilling to set a good example, how can we possibly blame the kids? And the adults and not the children control the fashion industry. You are light years off base and about to be picked off.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

flbadcatowner wrote:
If there is a pedophile around, it just might be better to have your children show a bit more modesty. The child you save may be your own.
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>There are enough children appearing on milk cartons as it is. Do we compound the problem by enticing a dirty old man by whetting his appetite? I wonder how many people who post here supporting racy styles for children get a rise out of seeing them worn?
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Stierschei▀! I blame the adults and not the children for the immodest apparel. With the adults unwilling to set a good example, how can we possibly blame the kids? And the adults and not the children control the fashion industry. You are light years off base and about to be picked off.
In your first two comments you stated sexy clothing is appealing to pedophiles. The clothes have nothing to do with a predator going after a child. It is an antiquated viewpoint that puts the blame on the child and dressing more modestly will not protect them!!!!! If you believe it will, you are a simpleton. It makes you sound like that ridiculous imam that thinks men seeing woman's titties is the cause of earthquakes. You can't be this shockingly narrow-minded?

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

2

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>True, but I am sure would be rapists like women period, but they are especially attracted to those in skimpy clothes.
I don't know about pedophilia, but Rape has more to do with power, than sex.

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

flbadcatowner wrote:
If there is a pedophile around, it just might be better to have your children show a bit more modesty. The child you save may be your own.
Sorry FBCO, but when is the last time you heard of a pedophile abducting, raping and murdering a child in a bikini? Most of the children abducted by these freaks are taken on their way too or from school, walking home or in their own yards fully clothed.

If you want to get rid of these kinds of freaks, we need stricter laws that will keep them in prison for the rest of their lives. Pedophilia can't be cured. It's just downright sad! So many times a pedophile will molest and then get caught, go to prison for less than ten years, get out but unfortunately, they will go back and molest again only this time, they murder the victim so they can't be identified and be sent back to prison.

Here is a perfect example of where it starts. This is RDL, he's admitted on several threads here on offbeat that he thinks it's ok for an adult man to have sex with a 3 year old girl as long as she says YES, sick right? These types of people scare the h#ll out of me and should scare any parent or grandparent out there.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TO485EC...

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>It is this antiquated view that it is the children's fault that has kept pedophiles in business. "Oh things are so much worse today" what a load of garbage. It was swept under the carpet that uncle 'John' was a freaking perv, so his niece must have brought it on herself. Really?!?!? A grown man that has no self control is the issue, not how a child is dressed.
Children are just that, children. They need parents that teach them to value themselves. The concept of another harming them is not an easy one for them grasp.
Based on your comments I'm sure you know who Shirley Temple was, who thought it was okay to dress her in those much to short dresses? That was how many years ago?
I suppose there were never any child predators before skimpy clothes.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••