Dirty Nellie's Ale House
First Prev
of 390
Next Last

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#8757 Jul 1, 2013
Afternoon Grace! I'm sure you've heard about our 19 firefighters that lost their lives yesterday in Yarnell AZ. That's about 140 mi from me. We had another one start up Saturday, closer too me about 60 mi away. What's bad about this one is that it's only accessible by air.

http://www.kingmandailyminer.com/main.asp...

“Heading into Autumn”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#8758 Jul 5, 2013
DondoDork wrote:
Afternoon Grace! I'm sure you've heard about our 19 firefighters that lost their lives yesterday in Yarnell AZ. That's about 140 mi from me. We had another one start up Saturday, closer too me about 60 mi away. What's bad about this one is that it's only accessible by air.
http://www.kingmandailyminer.com/main.asp...
That was really awful, what a tragedy,
giving their lives, in a different way.

Tks for the link, DD.

“Heading into Autumn”

Level 8

#8759 Jul 5, 2013
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeeeeeeee MOANday and July 1st, back atcha, Grace, and Patrons. Where are all the OLDE timers who used to pay a visit????? No purchase is needed to just come in and talk about the fun days when Nelly's first opened their doors. Dont be shy if you are new, read back from the beginning. Nelly's has a long history and welcomes all.
That's true,
and thanks for the free advertising LOL..

Indeed ol' Nelly's used to be great,
our old stomping ground here,
I think the first pub to open
on Offbeat.

How r you Vee?

Did you do anything special on the 4th?

Here, one channel is running old Western movies
all this week..
I've watched several..
had forgotten how really great they were,
the one type of movie which really
carries one away from every day doings.

True escapism..

Happy weekend ALL.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#8760 Jul 5, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true,
and thanks for the free advertising LOL..
Indeed ol' Nelly's used to be great,
our old stomping ground here,
I think the first pub to open
on Offbeat.
How r you Vee?
Did you do anything special on the 4th?
Here, one channel is running old Western movies
all this week..
I've watched several..
had forgotten how really great they were,
the one type of movie which really
carries one away from every day doings.
True escapism..
Happy weekend ALL.
Happeeeeeeeeeeeee FRYday. I am getting hopeful and excited about Madelaine's case, they are reopening it and claim she is still alive. 38 persons of interest. I worked for five hours and then went and had an oil change. I was only 500 miles over do. I need ONE new tire and some belts and hoses changed but I do have almost 59 thousand miles. Did NOT do anything yesterday, to wiped out. Have not eaten anything since last night so I want to go and work on that.

“Heading into Autumn”

Level 8

#8761 Jul 7, 2013
Vee wrote:
<quoted text>Happeeeeeeeeeeeee FRYday. I am getting hopeful and excited about Madelaine's case, they are reopening it and claim she is still alive. 38 persons of interest. I worked for five hours and then went and had an oil change. I was only 500 miles over do. I need ONE new tire and some belts and hoses changed but I do have almost 59 thousand miles. Did NOT do anything yesterday, to wiped out. Have not eaten anything since last night so I want to go and work on that.
I have my doubts tho' Vee, about Madeline
McCann ..

I feel sometimes they just rev up the case
once again to get it back in the news,
without any real reason, but that's only
a guess on my behalf, maybe they have some inside
info.. HOPE SO..

I suppose never to give up hope especially
since the other girls were found locked up
for ten years!!

Very hot here too, but you folks would
have it much more intense..

I just remembered, do you still mow
the grass topless(:
well, at least you have an excuse these days lol!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#8762 Jul 7, 2013
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. YESSS I still mow the back yard topless. They have these cooling towels which lower teps 20 degrees, I dont know if you can get them on line or not. You wet it, wring it out and it stays cold for hours. Nice invention. I dont know why the British police feel confident she is still alive,(Madelaine) but they believe that one of their 38 "persons of interest." have information and are involved. I have to leave for work in 20 minutes, so happeeeeee SINday to you and everyone who is drinking and eating here.

Level 8

Location hidden

#8763 Jul 9, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
That was really awful, what a tragedy,
giving their lives, in a different way.
Tks for the link, DD.
Yeah, it was horrible. One of the kids was raised here and his father was a firefighter also.

On a happier note, vacation starts in two weeks. We're going to pick the kids up in Sedona next week and keep them for a week. They're going with us.

Tally is in the hospital this week, hope everything goes well for him.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#8764 Dec 24, 2013
YO..Nellie..***MERRY XMAS***

WOW!! Am sure glad THAT your Remodeling Is finished in time for CHRISTMAS EVE Celebrations!!

Come on Chicks...FIND

enough tables, Put them together.. and Let's GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!

Ooooh Look Chicks..Woooo-Hoooo!!! Deb27 is joining us!!! YAY!! Did ya see Laura Buffy and Grace N.???

Okay..HOT ROAST BEEF Sandwiches on the Spit..And DILL PICKLES!! Righteous!!!

A round of Peach/Mango Martini's Please...
Oh Look..Sssssh...the Trio Band is playing ...ROCKIN' Around The Xmas Tree...LET'S DANCE!!

Oh...Trish...and Mrs_Whitewater and RNL 2008!!!
Wayyyyy toooo much FUN!!
.WE ROCK!!!
;)

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#8765 Dec 25, 2013
Thanks to Colorado Chick for bring this back, appropriate for this holiday. Grace, C C gave you a Christmas gift by resurecting this, so in honor of that, I am toasting everyone that brought the merriment to Topix, visiting Nelly's, and hoping that those will revisit. The ambiance, food, festivities, a place to call home. All who visit who do not seek out other threads, Merry Christmas!!!!! The U S postal service decided to screw everyone by raising the price of stamps. ha! WOW. This will make me want to mail things out even more. Why 49 cents instead of 50? We can find a massive tip jar and put all those remaining pennies in it. Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#8766 Dec 25, 2013
Vee wrote:
Thanks to Colorado Chick for bring this back, appropriate for this holiday. Grace, C C gave you a Christmas gift by resurecting this, so in honor of that, I am toasting everyone that brought the merriment to Topix, visiting Nelly's, and hoping that those will revisit. The ambiance, food, festivities, a place to call home. All who visit who do not seek out other threads, Merry Christmas!!!!! The U S postal service decided to screw everyone by raising the price of stamps. ha! WOW. This will make me want to mail things out even more. Why 49 cents instead of 50? We can find a massive tip jar and put all those remaining pennies in it. Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!
MERRY XMAS VEE.. DID we Have FUN it WHAT Bringing in Christmas??? Yes, Well..Nellie's WAS Being Remodeled and JUST OPENED on XMAS EVE just for US!!! Yeah..When I bought my XMAS Card Stamps.. the Price was $9.50..ALMOST fell out!! Can ya REALLY put a price on a hand written letter or card SENT to a LOVED ONE??? NOT ME!! Still cheaper than the price of a letter by Pony Express..$5.00...NOW that is HIGH!!

So Count Your Blessings Vee.. It's ALL Good!! ;)

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#8767 Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas to all! I read on another thread that there was a party rocking here, with a buffet! Here I am, I love a good buffet and potluck even more. I have been assured that this buffet has absolutely NO calories or fat content. As my contribution I have 7 layer salad, green bean casserole, sauerkraut hotdish, finger jello, and pumkin pie! Enjoy everyone!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#8768 Dec 25, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> MERRY XMAS VEE.. DID we Have FUN it WHAT Bringing in Christmas??? Yes, Well..Nellie's WAS Being Remodeled and JUST OPENED on XMAS EVE just for US!!! Yeah..When I bought my XMAS Card Stamps.. the Price was $9.50..ALMOST fell out!! Can ya REALLY put a price on a hand written letter or card SENT to a LOVED ONE??? NOT ME!! Still cheaper than the price of a letter by Pony Express..$5.00...NOW that is HIGH!!
So Count Your Blessings Vee.. It's ALL Good!! ;)
I mail out my bills, those people are NOT worth 49 cents!!!!! he Heh heh. I buy 5 stamps at a time.

Level 5

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#8769 Dec 25, 2013
Hey" y'all!! Rum and coke, to start with please!!!

“Heading into Autumn”

Level 8

#8770 Dec 26, 2013
nice to see doors open and fresh air
running thru' thos old thread! lol

Hi Folks.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#8771 Dec 26, 2013
Happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Thursday Nellie patrons!!!! I fixed up a place for anyone wanting to bring their pets, not wanting to see Grace's dog or El's cats not among the friendly. Tonight is going to be 35 and I am not looking forward to that. I hope everyone had an eventful Christmas, with one more holiday ahead of us for this year. Everyone be porepared to ring in the New year, 2014 right here!!!!!!!!!!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#8772 Dec 31, 2013
YO Nellie, staff and ALL Patrons!!

Have a ROCKIN' 2014 ..CAN YA DIG IT???

;)

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#8773 Dec 31, 2013
Everybody at Nelly's, have a fantastic New Year!!!!!!!!

Level 8

Location hidden

#8774 Jan 23, 2014
Uh oh, can you tell I'm bored today? I'm going to have to bump up this thread!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#8775 Jan 23, 2014
Dondodork..GLAD Ya DID!!

Let me buy ya an Ale....;)

Oh..Nellie..You did hear about Offbeat Bars and Grills Promoting Their Businesses ..for ALL l Newbies and The Regulars..to Beat the WINTERTIME BLUES!!

So..Was thinking ...maybe you could do SATURDAY SIZZLIN' STEAKS???

Think about it?? And if Saturday doesn't work for ya..Let me know.. WHAT day you would like and then we'll discuss the Menu.. Okay??

Come on..Dondodork..DRINK UP..!!!

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 390
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 min wichita-rick 169,305
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 min UnderstandPeople 29,693
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 6 min Parden Pard 2,433
Let's Play Songs With Four Words,... 8 min wichita-rick 50
News Naked, body-painted bicyclists ride through Phi... 13 min Parden Pard 2
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 26 min honeymylove 141,492
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 43 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 43,433
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr natasfonos 18,644
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 2 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,219
More from around the web