Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly for the knees-up, the Irish don't celebrate Thanksgiving: it is an American/Canadian holiday. Pity, would be fun to find an excuse for a party in the dreary days of November.
Vee knows that well Tony(:

She's just being subtle -
trying to brain wash me in
the American way! LOL!

“Lazy Hazy Days of Summer”

Since: Jun 06

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Vee wrote:
Grace and company, a little humor... New York has a slogan from the 70's or catch phrase, "I Love New York. Maybor Bloomberg and former Mayor Ed Koch are collaberating on a new one due to climatic weather changes. "I Love (what's left of) New York." I have tee shirts and bumper stickers on order.
That is one of the very many things I loved about New York....their sense of humour...laughing in the face of adversity...brilliant Vee, just brilliant.

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Good Afternoon Grace, Vee, Tony and all friends of Nelly's.

Did someone mention a party? Sounds good to me...

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one of the very many things I loved about New York....their sense of humour...laughing in the face of adversity...brilliant Vee, just brilliant.
I kept thinking, if there is anyone out there who cant swim, no better time to learn, unless you can tread water for a long time. People are still cleaning up the aftermah, some people still have flooding, trees are still laying on top of people's houses, although the whole year has not been gracious to many people.I am hoping everyone can come together and enjoy a Thanksgiving meal in spite of adversity.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I sometimes wonder if all American realise what it is they are celebrating - but it's an excuse for a great dinner!
How to define Americans... We eat when sad, happy, bored, nervous, excited, hearing god news, sad news, devestation,promotions, births, deaths, plus, all those holidays are initiated by food, Easter, Valentine's Day, Memorial Day, Passover, Hannukah, Christmas, Memorial Day, President's Day, Labor Day,Going back to school, getting out of school, 4th Of July,and on and on and on. We spend our lives shopping for food and then eating it. Yes, we are obsessed. Baking, steaming, roasting, frying, eating at Bingo Games, eating when we go bowling, eating at all sports games, going shopping with friends, if we stop to think about it, it sounds like we have no time for anything else. Now people are besides themselves since the Hostess company is going under. They are hoarding Twinkies like they are going to need a fall out shelter, treating it like emergency rations, EBAY is selling twinkies for thousands of dollars, and a petition is being sent to Obama with enough signatures to keep Hostess from having to close their doors forever. That is some serious snacking!!!!!!!!!!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Yes, El, a Christmas/New Year's Eve party, a great event, I just wont be able to bring anything made by Hostess. I think they have been in business for 85 years.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Vee wrote:
<quoted text>How to define Americans... We eat when sad, happy, bored, nervous, excited, hearing god news, sad news, devestation,promotions, births, deaths, plus, all those holidays are initiated by food, Easter, Valentine's Day, Memorial Day, Passover, Hannukah, Christmas, Memorial Day, President's Day, Labor Day,Going back to school, getting out of school, 4th Of July,and on and on and on. We spend our lives shopping for food and then eating it. Yes, we are obsessed. Baking, steaming, roasting, frying, eating at Bingo Games, eating when we go bowling, eating at all sports games, going shopping with friends, if we stop to think about it, it sounds like we have no time for anything else. Now people are besides themselves since the Hostess company is going under. They are hoarding Twinkies like they are going to need a fall out shelter, treating it like emergency rations, EBAY is selling twinkies for thousands of dollars, and a petition is being sent to Obama with enough signatures to keep Hostess from having to close their doors forever. That is some serious snacking!!!!!!!!!!
Lol. Must say I never did understand the fascination with Twinkies when I was in the States.

“June”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Must say I never did understand the fascination with Twinkies when I was in the States.
Don't readily recall TWINKIES either, Tony,

When I was in San Fran...

I kinda remember they had wonderful pancakes,
it was I *think* 1Hop or something like that..

perhaps Vee [or someone over there ]
will fill me in.

all I remember was..

they were 'G O O D'!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
hated them from day one. Now I do live for Drakes Cakes, the Ring Dings, Yodels and Coffee Cakes. Best cake ever!!!!!! I get them through mail order now from Interstate brands.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't readily recall TWINKIES either, Tony,
When I was in San Fran...
I kinda remember they had wonderful pancakes,
it was I *think* 1Hop or something like that..
perhaps Vee [or someone over there ]
will fill me in.
all I remember was..
they were 'G O O D'!
IHOP stands for International House Of Pancakes. I am not a pancake person, but they are quite well known.

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Afternoon Grace, Vee, and all friends

Watched 'Anatomy of a Hurricane' last night,
needless to say it was about Sandy....not much
to laugh about at all.

Was reading a few quotes from a book published today of quotes by the Duke of Edinburgh who is notorious for 'putting his foot in it' but so
funny.

Rather like Mayor Bloomberg's and Ed Koch's proposed logo..

" At Hertfordshire University, 2003:“During the Blitz, a lot of shops had their windows blown in and put up notices saying,‘More open than usual’.I now declare this place more open than usual.”

Prince Philip

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Happeeeeeee MOANday,to all Nelly patrons. El, when the storm first rocked us, I started to buy the New York Post, and after 1 edition, I could not bear to look at it again. So I skipped the paper for awhile. I guess in a way, New York and surrounding areas, need to get their minds off the devestation, so now everyone is concentrating on the Twinkie Crisis. Now I learned today, Hostess is also the makers of Wonder Bread (their logo, helps build strong bodies 12 ways) and I grew up on Wonder Bread. Save the Wonder bread!!!!!!!!! I think their is light at the end of the tunnel. It is freezing here. My hands are blocks of ice. I worked this AM and go back in an hour and am changing my clothes to ski wear. How are everyone's animals doing??????????

“June”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeee MOANday,to all Nelly patrons. El, when the storm first rocked us, I started to buy the New York Post, and after 1 edition, I could not bear to look at it again. So I skipped the paper for awhile. I guess in a way, New York and surrounding areas, need to get their minds off the devestation, so now everyone is concentrating on the Twinkie Crisis. Now I learned today, Hostess is also the makers of Wonder Bread (their logo, helps build strong bodies 12 ways) and I grew up on Wonder Bread. Save the Wonder bread!!!!!!!!! I think their is light at the end of the tunnel. It is freezing here. My hands are blocks of ice. I worked this AM and go back in an hour and am changing my clothes to ski wear. How are everyone's animals doing??????????
ALL animals doing v good over here..

I don't think Ali, my gorgeous black labrador,
knows how good she's got it.. living with GN(:

brought her to shops this morning,
she LOVES driving & looking out the window
at ALL the action!

then a walk in the pouring rain!

Home for lunch

which for her, consists of, freshly cooked scrambled egg..
a little lightly grated cheese on top, a fist full of added top-of-the-range doggie biscuits. Water:

afternoon nap on a plush dog bed under the piano
in the lounge, where she's sleeping peacefully now!

lol

“June”

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

VEE:

Especially ... Wishing you the truly WONDERFUL Thanksgiving..
you deserve.

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL animals doing v good over here..
I don't think Ali, my gorgeous black labrador,
knows how good she's got it.. living with GN(:
brought her to shops this morning,
she LOVES driving & looking out the window
at ALL the action!
then a walk in the pouring rain!
Home for lunch
which for her, consists of, freshly cooked scrambled egg..
a little lightly grated cheese on top, a fist full of added top-of-the-range doggie biscuits. Water:
afternoon nap on a plush dog bed under the piano
in the lounge, where she's sleeping peacefully now!
lol
Oh, you can bet she does. Our pets are smart and 'milk' the benefits for all it's worth.:)

Your post reminded me of jaunts around in my old car with my Lab as passenger, head stuck out the window, sniffing the air as I drove.

When cows were grazing in the countryside, she would 'alert' and sniff more. I would yell "Cows... Cows" whence she would commence growling and barking. But, not until my input!

It was a hoot as we say over here.:)
Hoosier Hillbilly

Crothersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you can bet she does. Our pets are smart and 'milk' the benefits for all it's worth.:)
Your post reminded me of jaunts around in my old car with my Lab as passenger, head stuck out the window, sniffing the air as I drove.
When cows were grazing in the countryside, she would 'alert' and sniff more. I would yell "Cows... Cows" whence she would commence growling and barking. But, not until my input!
It was a hoot as we say over here.:)
Pet Smart!
Hoosier Hillbilly

Crothersville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Grace Nerissa

missing_goldfish wrote:

Hello, Grace and El. I hope this finds you well and happy. Just wanted to come by and say hi and check on you.
Thanksgiving coming up here, but on our way to a funeral in the morning. My husband's sweet sister. She will be missed.
How are your Christmas plans going? I will have to decorate to the teeth because of the little ones. Not that I mind, I enjoy it. Will you be home or travel for the holiday?
Happy Thanksgiving. MG :)
Thank YOU so much for
coming by - much appreciated..

Firstly,

so sorry about your recent family
bereavement.

OMG!

I haven't even thought of Xmas yet!

usually it hit me like a boomerang
in December 1.

but the,

I've been doing it for 70 years! JEEZ!

that looks ominous when I see it written down lol

but.. we are where we're at'!!!!

Hoping despite the passing of your
sister-in law

you ill have a good THANKSGIVING' with
husband & friends

Sincere wishes:

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Grace Nerissa wrote:
VEE:
Especially ... Wishing you the truly WONDERFUL Thanksgiving..
you deserve.
We won won twice in our work lotto pool on the same ticket. 66.50, and then five dollars. So I have to find out on Saturday if people want their 8 dollars or if they want to reinvest. Donna and Maryann told me to put it back into the pot. Mine is going back in. Everyone also had their own idea of where the money should go. That should be fun.(Squabbling over 71.50, imagine if we won the whole kit and kaboodle????) Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday, and of course you dont have to celebrate to enjoy the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Happy Thanksgiving -Funny Ad Robert De Nero - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch...

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Vee wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving -Funny Ad Robert De Nero - YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch...
Loved the vid....Happy Thanksgiving Vee and All on the
thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,641 - 7,660 of7,800
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

173 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
shilo (Feb '07) 2 min SLACK 12,884
"Go Sarah!" 3 min efficiency 5
Word Association (Mar '10) 3 min Bezeer 15,608
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 7 min Bezeer 5,552
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min DanFromSmithville 111,971
How to become Bannable... 9 min LOL 5
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 14 min eleanorigby 34,776
How to become Unbannable 1 hr Chilli J 93
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Denny CranesPlace 140,567
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••