Hunter catches bird with one hand

May 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WMMX-FM Dayton

Hunter snags bird out of the air. And, jaded world in which we live, we're all immediately thinking FAKE.

Comments
41 - 47 of 47 Comments Last updated May 29, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
May 22, 2013
 
Billy R wrote:
There have been many occasions where I have given someone the bird with one hand.
Perhaps, but can you claim to have given someone A bird with one hand? It's all in the article.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
May 22, 2013
 
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
To each their own. I can't really argue with your sport scenario. Until they start arming deer and small game, I suppose it won't be considered sport to some. But on the other hand, hunting deer rabbit, pheasant and other small game...
You group deer into small game? You've not hunted in Northeast Canada then.

I love dearly and highly respect wildlife, but I've no qualm in killing, as long as it is necessary. I hated hunting because of the long hours, and the extreme cold. Laying in a bush or perched in a treetop for countless hours in the bitter cold can only be described with "sucks". We had no vet where I grew up (so my father claimed), and I've had to shoot suffering pets and livestock on occasion. It's sad, but it never bothered me because it was out of mercy. I've never had a problem lopping off chicken heads, or shooting livestock for slaughter either. Comes with the territory. But someone who shoots an animal just to mount a trophy needs to reconsider their priorities in life.

A friend I grew up with became a pro bow hunter in Canada, hunting mostly black bear. He brings trophy hunters on hunting trips and makes a living with it. This bothers me to no end, in fact I de-friended him because of it. Needless killing is a sin. Period.

Except for wasps.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

And white-faced hornets. THEY're satan. Wasps are his pesky cousin.

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Billy R wrote:
There have been many occasions where I have given someone the bird with one hand.
Unfortunately in Los Angeles, giving someone the bird is more common than using a turn signal!:)

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
May 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

JM_Brazil wrote:
You group deer into small game? You've not hunted in Northeast Canada then.
Nah.. I don't group deer in the small game category. That's why I said deer "and" small game? Not deer and "other" small game.
Again Nah, I haven't hunted in N.E. Canada either. But we have some pretty nice white tails here in the Midwest U.S.
In fact... some of the biggest on record were taken just a few miles from where I'm sitting at now. But down here I admit, deer is pretty much the only large game there is... unless you consider the occasional black bear. Not the Grizzlies, Moose,and Elk that I imagine are up in those parts.
JM_Brazil wrote:
I love dearly and highly respect wildlife, but I've no qualm in killing, as long as it is necessary. I hated hunting because of the long hours, and the extreme cold. Laying in a bush or perched in a treetop for countless hours in the bitter cold can only be described with "sucks". We had no vet where I grew up (so my father claimed), and I've had to shoot suffering pets and livestock on occasion. It's sad, but it never bothered me because it was out of mercy. I've never had a problem lopping off chicken heads, or shooting livestock for slaughter either. Comes with the territory. But someone who shoots an animal just to mount a trophy needs to reconsider their priorities in life.
A friend I grew up with became a pro bow hunter in Canada, hunting mostly black bear. He brings trophy hunters on hunting trips and makes a living with it. This bothers me to no end, in fact I de-friended him because of it. Needless killing is a sin. Period.
Except for wasps.
Again, pretty much my view. Hunting for just a trophy isn't copacetic. But.. if the meat were harvested by those hunters, then that wouldn't necessarily make it a needless killing in my book. I admit to having a trophy or two on my wall, but the meat off of the animals also served the purpose for feeding myself, as well as others.
Wasps,hornets,yellow jackets are fair game. I admit to my insistence on taking it even further, to flies and Gnats. And also things that slither and have venom, that can either kill you or make you dead.
Non venomous snakes, I usually don't kill. In fact, recently when one became trapped in some garden fencing I had up, I carefully removed it and relocated it. And have since changed the fencing, as it was obviously not snake friendly.
But also.... I heard a scream outside one day, only to realize that my sweet and lovely lady, had her path blocked by a snake that was sunning itself on our walkway to our house. I admit to doing it in.... "kill it"... was the distinct order I heard from my better half. Of course, I could have tried to talk some sense into this hysterical woman. But when weighing the risk of denial of certain feminine charms even for a short time, against this one snakes life... I came to decision that I stand by to this day. I just prefer to think that it's in snake heaven right now, feeding off of field mice the size of your North Eastern Canadian deer.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
May 23, 2013
 
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Larry, we're not really that far apart in our ideals on Karma. Yes, I always looked at Karma as a sort of justice in the cosmos. As in solved or unsolved crimes against humanity are somehow justified by this somewhat mysterious force punishing those deserving. And I do certainly agree that we make our own Karma. I always try do treat others respectfully, even those I may disagree with at times.
As far as looking in the mirror, we're not that far off either. I agree that our personal actions in this life, should make it much easier for someone to look at themselves in the mirror, via our conscience. Where we may disagree, is that I believe some people may not possess much or any resemblance of conscience. Some people can do some pretty horrific stuff, and not even bat an eye.. when looking at themselves in the mirror.
That's where I believe Karma steps in.
But of course, I also am of the opinion that no matter how high one may set their moral or spiritual aspirations and goals..being a perfect person is not in actuality obtainable. That's where my own religious belief help me personally. But that's another subject entirely. And Like I said before, to each their own.
I think those you refer to who lack conscience are called sociopaths. In my view, that lack of humanity comes with its own karma. Sociopaths can never be happy, or believe they are loved. I would guess the more they get away with, the more they hate themselves.

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
May 29, 2013
 
yeah well that is all good and whatever...but I hold out my respect for those that save a bird with their foot.

and I won't budge on this one, folks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••