What's the best way for the governmen...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#43 Nov 29, 2012
Stop unions' domination. They were created to help the 'little' guy and now they are too big and take advantage of the little guys.
Hoosier Hilbilly

Churubusco, IN

#44 Nov 29, 2012
That's why them and government get-a-long so good.
Both of them are "BLOOD SUCKERS!"
Smrt guy

Hoffman Estates, IL

#45 Nov 29, 2012
Unions might have seemed like a good idea but, look what they've done to profits! Wages EAT INTO PROFITS!!! WITHOUT PROFITS THERE ARE NO JOBS!!!! WHAT PART OF NO JOBS DO YOU PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND??? WE ARE NOW COMPETING WITH CHINESE LABOR!! THEY MAKE 99 CENTS AN HOUR. UNIONS WOULD DEMAND DOUBLE THAT!!! WHERE WOULD THE JOBS GO? CHINA!!!!! DUH!!!

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#46 Nov 30, 2012
What can the government do? GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#47 Nov 30, 2012
Take the 1 million slackers from Indiana off food stamp dependency.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#48 Nov 30, 2012
More government waste in Indiana...

In their article “Governments Fund The Darndest Things”, Neatorama remembers Bedford, Indiana’s ill-fated attempt to capitalize on its long-standing status as Limestone capital of the world. Undeterred by the fact that few outside of geology really care about limestone, Bedford Chamber of Commerce member Merle Edington concocted the idea of building a Disney World-esque “theme park” around the city’s proud limestone heritage. The main attraction? A 95-foot-high replica of the Greek Pyramid of Cheops built 100% from local limestone. Perhaps fearing that this alone wouldn’t spur an exodus of vacationers to Bedford, Edington took out all the stops in planning a 800-foot-long replica of the Great Wall of China. About $700,000 was committed to this disaster of a project, which luckily never got as far as Edington wished when local politicians came to their senses. Today, Neatorama says, the abandoned site is “little more than a giant rock pile.”
Hoosier Hillbilly

Freetown, IN

#49 Nov 30, 2012
Governments job is to govern:
gov·ern
verb \ˈgə-v&# 601;rn\
Definition of GOVERN
transitive verb
a: to exercise continuous sovereign authority over; especially: to control and direct the making and administration of policy in

b: to rule without sovereign power and usually without having the authority to determine basic policy
And that's where it should :STOP!"
~~~ but ~~~
manipulate
b: to control the speed of (as a machine) especially by automatic means
a: to control, direct, or strongly influence the actions and conduct of
b: to exert a determining or guiding influence in or over <income must govern expenditure>
c: to hold in check : restrain
: to serve as a precedent or deciding principle for <customs that govern human decisions>

intransitive verb
: to prevail or have decisive influence : control
: to exercise authority
Yep! they're doing all that too, but not for "US".

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#50 Nov 30, 2012
3,941 available jobs - just in the Indianapolis area alone. Create new jobs? People from Indiana won't work the ones that are available right now!!!

http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobs/Indianapoli...

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#51 Nov 30, 2012
More available jobs in Indiana:

http://indiana.jobing.com/search_results.asp ?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#52 Nov 30, 2012
14,606 more jobs available in Indiana:

http://www.indeed.com/l-Indianapolis,-IN-jobs...
Hoosier Hillbilly

Freetown, IN

#53 Nov 30, 2012
I know exactly what your "up to" M69 and I'm not falling for it!
If your wanting to know the importance of Indiana limestone Google it for yourself. See how many states-even countries have used it in construction for over 100 years.
And NO! I'm not on Welfare or food stamps yet, but Obama is about to get me there.
Mitch did go alittle overboard on getting the factories and manufacturing in and not having qualified personal to work at them. But then you must look at the fact if the business weren't over taxed they could afford to train them.
And then there's plants like Honda in Greensburg that prefer hiring 'temps' for obvious reasons as opposed to full time.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#54 Nov 30, 2012
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
I know exactly what your "up to" M69 and I'm not falling for it!
If your wanting to know the importance of Indiana limestone Google it for yourself. See how many states-even countries have used it in construction for over 100 years.
And NO! I'm not on Welfare or food stamps yet, but Obama is about to get me there.
Mitch did go alittle overboard on getting the factories and manufacturing in and not having qualified personal to work at them. But then you must look at the fact if the business weren't over taxed they could afford to train them.
And then there's plants like Honda in Greensburg that prefer hiring 'temps' for obvious reasons as opposed to full time.
My point was - if you care to switch off Fox News for just a few minutes - is that there are jobs out there. You've only to blame yourself if you are out of work. Back when I was in college I took a full load of credits AND worked two jobs - one full time. You need to look in the mirror for the blame rather than always blame the White House. They will not be handing you a paycheck anytime soon. Stop your complaining about people that get food stamps for free and get your ass back to work.

I'm no hater, but I sure do dislike people that bitch, moan and cry all the time.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#56 Nov 30, 2012
Here's some excuses for you HH:

•Sobriety tool wouldn't allow the car to start
•Forgot he had been hired for the job
•My dog is having a nervous breakdown
•My dead grandmother was being exhumed for a police investigation
•My toe was stuck in a faucet
•A bird bit me
•Upset after watching "The Hunger Games"
•I got sick from reading too much
•I'm suffering from a broken heart
•Myhair turned orange from dying her hair at home
Hoosier Hillbilly

Freetown, IN

#58 Nov 30, 2012
Quote: <quoted text>
My point was - if you care to switch off Fox News for just a few minutes - is that there are jobs out there. You've only to blame yourself if you are out of work. Back when I was in college I took a full load of credits AND worked two jobs - one full time. You need to look in the mirror for the blame rather than always blame the White House. They will not be handing you a paycheck anytime soon. Stop your complaining about people that get food stamps for free and get your ass back to work.
I'm no hater, but I sure do dislike people that bitch, moan and cry all the time.

#Always trying to pick a fight, WHY=?=
FACTS:
Fox News is the best!
What's a "full load", never mind in your case i know. LOL
The White House is to blame!
Get a paycheck from them each month-got a raise-but what's soon to come out of it, I'll be earning less.
Food stamp program should be completely revamped!

"milwaukee69"
*=* The pot calling the kettle black *=*
>>>Like the mouse calling the cat a pest<<<

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#59 Nov 30, 2012
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Quote: <quoted text>
#Always trying to pick a fight, WHY=?=
FACTS:
Fox News is the best!
What's a "full load", never mind in your case i know. LOL
The White House is to blame!
Get a paycheck from them each month-got a raise-but what's soon to come out of it, I'll be earning less.
Food stamp program should be completely revamped!
"milwaukee69"
*=* The pot calling the kettle black *=*
>>>Like the mouse calling the cat a pest<<<
Worry about yourself for a change.

Jesus H. Christ are you a sniveler.
Hoosier Hillbilly

Roanoke, IN

#60 Dec 1, 2012
Don't tell Jesus's middle name is Hussein also, that definitely makes Barry the anti-christ!

milwaukee69, I am definitely a sniveler, I'm blowing and wiping my nose continuously.
Could you see the 'snot' coming out?

I'm good M69 it's the rest of the world I'm worried about..."U" Too!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#61 Dec 3, 2012
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
it's the rest of the world I'm worried about..."U" Too!
If I die today - you get nothing - worry about someone else that'll benefit you when they're gone.

Clue: It's no one on this forum.
Hoosier Hillbilly

Roanoke, IN

#62 Dec 3, 2012
What's the best way for the government to create jobs?
Flat Tax!- try it for 2 years

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#63 Dec 3, 2012
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Brilliant!!!

Now hand over that extra $3,500 or I call the IRS on your ass.

“Facts”

Level 5

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#64 Dec 3, 2012
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
That would in fact help......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 6 min beatlesinthebog 35,533
News Man shoots himself in the face in a weird attem... 8 min Spotted Girl 1
True False Game (Jun '11) 8 min avon5735 12,549
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 9 min President Trump 148
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 11 min beatlesinthebog 5,828
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 13 min Bezeer 82,328
Word association (Jun '07) 13 min Bezeer 4,807
News Trump's Newest Ad Is So Frickin' WeirdBy Olivia... 32 min Parden Pard 58
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 36 min Enzo49 8,487
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 54 min Sharlene45 194,229