Are AOC laws just age discrimination?

Are AOC laws just age discrimination?

Posted in the Weird Forum

Jenji_gurl

Portland, OR

#1 Apr 19, 2013
Shouldn't it be up to parents to decide when their sons/daughters are "old enough" to start having sexual relationships? Should it be at all the government's business about when this happens? I personally think it's just government intrusion into something which should be up to the families. I know this will get me flamed because a lot of people out there think everyone under the age of 18 are still babies but trust me, that ain't so! Yes birth control and disease prevention are BIG items, but sex itself is not a morals issue and even if it were, it's not up to governments to dictate morals. It's just ludicrous to think that a person's sexual needs don't 'awaken' until midnight the day they turn 18, and for them to conduct themselves as if that were true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min ChristineM 223,195
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 25 min Brandiiiiiiii 9,651
Luke dies in The Last Jedi! 28 min Sublime1 5
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 35 min andet1987 47,900
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 38 min Sublime1 2,800
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 48 min andet1987 11,429
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 51 min andet1987 5,996
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 54 min Sublime1 32,520
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr LIMnologist 76,620
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr honeymylove 6,768
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr F_R_E_D aka Ohio Sam 226,124
More from around the web