4 people in Georgia exposed to rabid ...

4 people in Georgia exposed to rabid pet llama

There are 36 comments on the WBIR-TV Knoxville story from Jan 8, 2013, titled 4 people in Georgia exposed to rabid pet llama. In it, WBIR-TV Knoxville reports that:

Officials say a veterinarian was called to a house in Morganton on Dec. 28 because a llama was showing signs of aggression -- biting at itself, at others and spitting at one of its caretakers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV Knoxville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“*=* Always Thinking *=*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#22 Jan 10, 2013
PS:
Note from another link;
an animal can spread the virus when its saliva comes in contact with a person's mucous membranes (moist skin surfaces, like the mouth or inner eyelids) or broken skin such as a cut, scratch, bruise, or open wound.

This only took 8 minutes-you decide!

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#23 Jan 10, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFGDAO...stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
Next time you're provided a link, please do everyone a favor and read it first. The Rabies virus is spread through the bloodstream via infected saliva. Assuming all 5 of these people had been ravaged by teenage acne and had oozing pustuals all over their face, it's unlikely they contracted the desease.
You make me laugh with your ignorance. Here's your link---- http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5169371_rabies-s... Nonbite Exposure

The rabies virus remains infectious unless dry or dessicated. The most infectious materials capable of transmitting the rabies virus are brain/nervous tissue and saliva. If these materials come into contact with open wounds, mucous membranes or abrasions, the exposure can cause a nonbite rabies infection.

Read more: How Is Rabies Spread?| eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5169371_rabies-s...

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#24 Jan 10, 2013
Just so there is no confusion, here is the definition of a mucous membrane. I know how this complicated medical stuff confuses some people--- http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/395... mucous membrane, mucoid cell: epithelial mucous surface cells [Credit: Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS)] membrane lining bodily cavities and canals that lead to the outside, chiefly the respiratory, digestive, and urogenital tracts. Mucous membranes line many tracts and structures of the body, including the mouth, nose, eyelids, windpipe and lungs, stomach and intestines

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#25 Jan 10, 2013
Just in case someone requires more proof---- http://www.petwave.com/Dogs/Dog-Health-Center... Rabies is transmitted through saliva - primarily via bite wounds. But it can also be spread by infected saliva entering an open cut or wound, or contacting a mucous membrane, such as those in the mouth, nasal cavity or eyes.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#26 Jan 10, 2013
Anita Goforadump wrote:
<quoted text>You make me laugh with your ignorance. Here's your link---- http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5169371_rabies-s... Nonbite Exposure
The rabies virus remains infectious unless dry or dessicated. The most infectious materials capable of transmitting the rabies virus are brain/nervous tissue and saliva. If these materials come into contact with open wounds, mucous membranes or abrasions, the exposure can cause a nonbite rabies infection.
Read more: How Is Rabies Spread?| eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5169371_rabies-s...
Don't hurt yourself. "If?" LMFGDAO!!!

Show where there is any documented cases of people contracting Rabies by an infected animal spitting on them?

Level 6

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#27 Jan 10, 2013
Man, am I thirsty.

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#28 Jan 10, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't hurt yourself. "If?" LMFGDAO!!!
Show where there is any documented cases of people contracting Rabies by an infected animal spitting on them?
Thats too easy. http://www.microbiologybook.org/virol/rabies.... From a microbiology site- In rare cases, rabies has been transmitted by corneal transplant or transplant of other tissues, or through contact of infected saliva with mucosal membranes...But I'm sure that you know better than a microbiologist. And heres a case of a guy that was infected solely because animal saliva entered a cut on his hand- http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/... The first case was a 39-year-old male veterinary technician who entered his uncovered scratched hand into the mouth of a rabid bovine and became infected.

“...rain today...just enuff....”

Since: Jun 08

..to get the truck dirty......

#29 Jan 10, 2013
...and yet ANOTHER thread goes down in flames because of a pissing contest....
DaveMC in the Grey

San Diego, CA

#30 Jan 10, 2013
Old Sam wrote:
...and yet ANOTHER thread goes down in flames because of a pissing contest....
Dont worry Old Sam...Im gonna turn it back around right here with some " Yo llama" jokes!!!

Yo llama is so fat when it goes to a movie...it sits next to everyone.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#31 Jan 11, 2013
Anita Goforadump wrote:
<quoted text>Thats too easy. http://www.microbiologybook.org/virol/rabies.... From a microbiology site- In rare cases, rabies has been transmitted by corneal transplant or transplant of other tissues, or through contact of infected saliva with mucosal membranes...But I'm sure that you know better than a microbiologist. And heres a case of a guy that was infected solely because animal saliva entered a cut on his hand- http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/... The first case was a 39-year-old male veterinary technician who entered his uncovered scratched hand into the mouth of a rabid bovine and became infected.
LMFGDAO!!!

Are you related to Brain_G?

Spitting - I said spitting. Not corneal transplants or entering a cut.

Nice deflection - eat red herring much do you?

“*=* Always Thinking *=*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#32 Jan 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
eat red herring much do you?
M69 you say that all the time, what the hell does it mean?

PS: yes 'i'm googling to see if 'i' can find out...

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#33 Jan 11, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
M69 you say that all the time, what the hell does it mean?
PS: yes 'i'm googling to see if 'i' can find out...
Red herring - something intended to divert attention from the real problem or matter at hand; a misleading clue.

“*=* Always Thinking *=*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#34 Jan 11, 2013
Yes, I know the following reference point is not a favorite of yours but:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A red herring is a figurative expression referring to a logical fallacy in which a clue or piece of information is or is intended to be misleading, or distracting from the actual question.

Gosh, I finally found something your a "PRO!" @!

And here I thought you were just concerned about all our diets...
Llama drama

Rochester, NY

#35 Jan 21, 2013
Can someone get rabies from having sexual relations with an infected llama? Bestiality is proven to cause increased chance of penis cancer.
Marlon Perkins

Medford, NY

#36 Jan 22, 2013
Llama drama wrote:
Can someone get rabies from having sexual relations with an infected llama? Bestiality is proven to cause increased chance of penis cancer.
Only if the Llama is/was promiscuous.
Pen is Name

Rochester, NY

#37 Jan 22, 2013
Marlon Perkins wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if the Llama is/was promiscuous.
Did the llama dress provocatively? Did the llama saunter around giving the "look"? Temptress!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How are you? 6 min Brother Larry 1
Thought-provoking > Lyrics-Poems-Quotes: (Nov '08) 6 min KNIGHT DeVINE 40
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 8 min Brother Larry 2,441
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Chilli J 173,479
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min Wolftracks 43,453
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 18 min oddie 18,650
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 1 hr anguish 12,552
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr anguish 29,700
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Dream Crystal 169,321
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 10 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,219
More from around the web