Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Purple Gurl

Burlington, NC

#1 Mar 7, 2008
Thank you Grace for this hangout idea.

Yes, I changed screen names. Everybody kept telling me not to be so "angry." Well, those who know me also know my favorite color. I love wearing purple, and to me, it is such a "gurly" color.

If I were to create a planet, I think I'd make it pink with purple polka dots. Maybe make it scented and a constant 68 degrees, at least in one part of it. Maybe have it to where there are different sections with different constant temperatures. Then you could tan, play in the water, or go skiing all year round.
Grace Nerissa

Cork, Ireland

#2 Mar 7, 2008
YES!! Im delighted you did it, when you told us in Nelly's that you were opening a place of your own, I was VERY happy for you, and am honored you chose a name I
suggested, NOT because it came from ME but because the words'purple' and 'paradise' blend perfectly, somehow I can get the scent of lilac already! LOL!

Tell us more tho,
Is it a PUB? CLUB.. RESTAURANT? MASSAGE PARLOUR.. LAP DANCING CLUB..
SMALL CAFE??HIDEOUT? ROAD SIDE STOP..

Whichever one it is, We will help you out,in the beginning..
the main thing is , you have done it,
and that's GREAT.

I know it will be very popular..

Wishing you THE VERY BEST OF LUCK Purple Gurl.

“peacemaker”

Since: Jan 08

litchfield

#3 Mar 7, 2008
Purple Gurl wrote:
Yes, I changed screen names. Everybody kept telling me not to be so "angry." Well, those who know me also know my favorite color. I love wearing purple, and to me, it is such a "gurly" color.
If I were to create a planet, I think I'd make it pink with purple polka dots. Maybe make it scented and a constant 68 degrees, at least in one part of it. Maybe have it to where there are different sections with different constant temperatures. Then you could tan, play in the water, or go skiing all year round.
Ilike your planet,smells lie honeysuckle
Purple Gurl

Burlington, NC

#4 Mar 7, 2008
Grace Nerissa wrote:
YES!! Im delighted you did it, when you told us in Nelly's that you were opening a place of your own, I was VERY happy for you, and am honored you chose a name I
suggested, NOT because it came from ME but because the words'purple' and 'paradise' blend perfectly, somehow I can get the scent of lilac already! LOL!
Tell us more tho,
Is it a PUB? CLUB.. RESTAURANT? MASSAGE PARLOUR.. LAP DANCING CLUB..
SMALL CAFE??HIDEOUT? ROAD SIDE STOP..
Whichever one it is, We will help you out,in the beginning..
the main thing is , you have done it,
and that's GREAT.
I know it will be very popular..
Wishing you THE VERY BEST OF LUCK Purple Gurl.
Thank you so much! Yes, I love to use the literary device of alliteration (think that's the word). Sometimes when I greet my friends, I'll make sentences which use words with the same first letters as their names. I might say, "Greetings to gorgeous Grace."

Maybe you can help me out as to what type of place is needed in Topixland. A hideout or a restaurant sounds like a winner. A hideout makes me think of a site idea I once had. I was going to call it Courtney's Corner.
Grace Nerissa

Cork, Ireland

#5 Mar 7, 2008
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much! Yes, I love to use the literary device of alliteration (think that's the word). Sometimes when I greet my friends, I'll make sentences which use words with the same first letters as their names. I might say, "Greetings to gorgeous Grace."
Maybe you can help me out as to what type of place is needed in Topixland. A hideout or a restaurant sounds like a winner. A hideout makes me think of a site idea I once had. I was going to call it Courtney's Corner.
You know, since you asked my advice,
I think I'd go with your own instinct, and make it a 'hideout' like
when folks feel like 'getting away ' from it all, also
it would be the first 'hideout' on Offbeat, there are a few 'pubs''cafe's' restaurants' already, all doing well, happy to say..
but get a few other opinions re 'what it should be' too,

ABOVE all... enjoy it.

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#7 Mar 7, 2008
Purple Gurl wrote:
Hi Purple Gurl. Congraulations on your new place. From the Fox and Hound gang, we wish you all the best. You have a really fun place going on here. Take care! Later gator!
Purple Gurl

Burlington, NC

#8 Mar 7, 2008
LutonTown wrote:
<quoted text>How about a beach bar now that the warmer weather i around the corner
Or a beach bar hideout?
Grace Nerissa

Ireland

#9 Mar 7, 2008
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Or a beach bar hideout?
Here's a batch of fresh scones for the morning! they just need heating up..

and some Irish Coffee!! to start you going..

Did I hear you have some BELLY-DANCERS booked for to-morrow night? LOL

That'll bring in the guys alright !!

“Our Grand daughter”

Level 3

Location hidden

#10 Mar 7, 2008
Purple, my favorite color, too. Hello, I am MO4, how do you do?
Purple Gurl

Burlington, NC

#11 Mar 7, 2008
Mommy of four wrote:
Purple, my favorite color, too. Hello, I am MO4, how do you do?
I love your rhyme there. Nice to finally speak to you this close. I see your posts all over the place.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#12 Mar 7, 2008
So is this place open?
Ill have Budweiser please quiet here tonight.
Welcome to Offbeat Purple Gurl
Nice to meet you.

“Our Grand daughter”

Level 3

Location hidden

#13 Mar 7, 2008
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
I love your rhyme there. Nice to finally speak to you this close. I see your posts all over the place.
My bark is a lot worse than my bite..lol! hope to talk more with you from now on..

“Our Grand daughter”

Level 3

Location hidden

#14 Mar 7, 2008
mo res wrote:
So is this place open?
Nice to meet you.
Hello Mo! How are you these days? Been a little busy lately and haven't been on for long lately. Hope you're staying warm.
Purple Gurl

Burlington, NC

#15 Mar 7, 2008
mo res wrote:
So is this place open?
Nice to meet you.
Nice to meet you too. I'll sit down and have one with everybody.

Location hidden

#16 Mar 7, 2008
Mommy of four wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Mo! How are you these days? Been a little busy lately and haven't been on for long lately. Hope you're staying warm.
Doing alright here
Cooking dinner a little late.
Purple Gurl

Burlington, NC

#17 Mar 7, 2008
Mommy of four wrote:
<quoted text>My bark is a lot worse than my bite..lol! hope to talk more with you from now on..
That sounds like me. In fact, that is why I started calling myself Angry Gurl. I was planning on what I did on Yahoo! in the OE boards before Yahoo! yanked them the other year. I'd just remain impersonal and be a hit and run sort of troll. But as I participated here, I began to feel a sense of connection, even friends, so I decided to play a little more straight and candid. That is really what I am trying to do in my life, to learn how to become more real and vulnerable. Yes, it means getting hurt more, but we cannot go through life living a lie or being someone else.

So I might as well no longer be the Angry Gurl.

“Ante Omnia Armari”

Since: Nov 07

"You get back what you give"

#18 Mar 7, 2008
Hello everyone!
Hi Purple Gurl, it's very nice to meet you. Cheers to you and your new place!
Purple Gurl

Burlington, NC

#19 Mar 7, 2008
hothead redhead wrote:
Hello everyone!
Hi Purple Gurl, it's very nice to meet you. Cheers to you and your new place!
Nice meeting you. I just love your name! I may be hotheaded, but I can only wish to be redheaded. Oh, I've been a bottle redhead before.

“Ante Omnia Armari”

Since: Nov 07

"You get back what you give"

#20 Mar 7, 2008
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice meeting you. I just love your name! I may be hotheaded, but I can only wish to be redheaded. Oh, I've been a bottle redhead before.
Thank you! I felt the name fit me because of my Irish and Polish heritage. My temper is more in check these days though. That happens when one ages, LOL!
I got to admit, I do the bottled color myself. I'll be danged if I let these grey hairs mess with me! Besides, husband gave me an evil look the other day when I suggested the all grey look.

Location hidden

#21 Mar 7, 2008
Goodnight Everyone
I enjoyed myself here I shall return sometime
Good luck with this place its a nice place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 5 min North Mountain 7,456
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 6 min North Mountain 19,560
News Lawmakers call Trump's performance 'bizarre,' '... 8 min North Mountain 68
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 17 min Crazy Jae 6,819
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 18 min Crazy Jae 14,707
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 20 min Crazy Jae 21,924
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 43 min whatever 17,557
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 232,001
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Real Zom F Bomb 25,507