“"Living The Dream"”

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

It Is What It Is

#21 Sep 9, 2013
My dad always said trouble was easy to get in, But hard to get out!!He was right....

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#22 Sep 9, 2013
Dad didn't teach me people can be mentors to kids and not know it, but people who took me fishing and hunting and let me help work livestock gave me experiences and fond memories that I remember fifty years later.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#24 Sep 9, 2013
Hoof Arted wrote:
My dad and I didn't do a lot of things together.
My dad never took me fishing or showed me how to clean a fish.
My dad never took me hunting or showed me how to field dress a deer.
My dad never taught me how to swim or ride a bike.
My dad never taught me how to swing a hammer or measure a board.
My dad never taught me how to fire a rifle or reload ammunition.
My dad never taught me how to change a flat tire or work on a car.
In fact, the only thing I can think of that dad actively taught me was how to play a guitar. He was a very talented musician.
Still, I learned from what he didn't do and made it a priority to actively teach my children things my dad didn't actively teach me.
Here are a few of the things my dad taught me.......
A child should never fear his father.
Raise your children; don't simply let them grow up.
Words hurt more than a beating, and the pain lasts much longer.
It's never okay to be cruel.
Never cheat on your wife.
Alcohol abuse can ruin relationships and destroy families.
If you have one dollar left at the end of the week, a loaf of bread for your family is better than a bottle of beer for yourself.
Repeated apologies for the same thing quickly lose their credibility.
Family is Number One Priority because without family, you have nothing.
It's okay to cry.
Ignoring a problem won't make it go away.
Always strive to do the right thing because you never know who's watching.
If a man's word is no good, his signature on a piece of paper is no good either.
Make time for your children. Always.
Tell your children you love them. Often.
Never let your children go to bed hungry. Ever.
Don't make promises you don't intend to keep... especially promises you make to your children.
This brought tears to my eyes...I'm just so sorry you had to endure this...it must have been like hell for you...I guess it was good for you to vent...Take care.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#25 Sep 9, 2013
My Dad taught me How to Fish..His Passion..AND how to Release the hook from the mouth of the fish..as NOT to hurt him..and showed me..how to gently place him back in the water..

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#26 Sep 13, 2013
WAY TO MUCH! To bad it took me until 25 yrs later to fully understand a lot of it.
Sweep the corners! EVERY TIME!
Stand up straight,look them in the eye & introduce your self with a FIRM handshake! That actually tells you more about the person you are meeting than anything.
When you really want to know something, ask the person who has worked there the longest NOT the boss,because they always know more.
How to throw a straight right, after a fake left hook,while moving very quickly to the right, so the the 3rd punch lands on the right temple, & the 3rd is behind the right ear, leaving the opponent open, then how to throw 5 more straight rights in in under 3 seconds & then move VERY quickly away to avoid any further interaction. lol
Not terribly proud,so to speak, but I did almost that to the next kid that pushed me in 8th grd. & knocked him out. HIS dad forgave me BUT I still got suspended for 3 days. HEY I was only doing what DAD taught me. lol. Rick

“Let her cry, for she's a Lady”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Let her dream, she's a Child

#27 Sep 13, 2013
My Daddy taught me many things.

The hardest lesson was that life is short.
Miss him so much.

Cherish Your Loved Ones.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#28 Sep 14, 2013
Vee wrote:
My dad TOLD me (I dont think it was a TAUGHT lesson in between his screaming and yelling all the time) NEVER start your car with the radio on. Nothing kills a battery faster.
on a very cold wintery day always turn your lights old
for about a minute ..... then shut them off and start your car.... gives the batt a jump start in a way
but then again cars were still 6vs as well as 12v
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#29 Sep 14, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
on a very cold wintery day always turn your lights old
for about a minute ..... then shut them off and start your car.... gives the batt a jump start in a way
but then again cars were still 6vs as well as 12v
thats just dumb

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#30 Sep 14, 2013
DID YOU KNOW:

A battery is a can full of chemicals that produce electrons (see How Batteries Work for more information). The chemical reactions inside of batteries take place more slowly when the battery is cold, so the battery produces fewer electrons. The starter motor therefore has less energy to work with when it tries to start the engine, and this causes the engine to crank slowly. Turning car light on excites the battery cause it to warm up... this helps the starter to draw more power in the winter months

love ya dad
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#31 Sep 14, 2013
sure

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#32 Sep 14, 2013
My dad taught me to take care of myself for he never did..same with my mother..

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#33 Sep 14, 2013
Hoof Arted wrote:
My dad and I didn't do a lot of things together.
My dad never took me fishing or showed me how to clean a fish.
My dad never took me hunting or showed me how to field dress a deer.
My dad never taught me how to swim or ride a bike.
My dad never taught me how to swing a hammer or measure a board.
My dad never taught me how to fire a rifle or reload ammunition.
My dad never taught me how to change a flat tire or work on a car.
In fact, the only thing I can think of that dad actively taught me was how to play a guitar. He was a very talented musician.
Still, I learned from what he didn't do and made it a priority to actively teach my children things my dad didn't actively teach me.
Here are a few of the things my dad taught me.......
A child should never fear his father.
Raise your children; don't simply let them grow up.
Words hurt more than a beating, and the pain lasts much longer.
It's never okay to be cruel.
Never cheat on your wife.
Alcohol abuse can ruin relationships and destroy families.
If you have one dollar left at the end of the week, a loaf of bread for your family is better than a bottle of beer for yourself.
Repeated apologies for the same thing quickly lose their credibility.
Family is Number One Priority because without family, you have nothing.
It's okay to cry.
Ignoring a problem won't make it go away.
Always strive to do the right thing because you never know who's watching.
If a man's word is no good, his signature on a piece of paper is no good either.
Make time for your children. Always.
Tell your children you love them. Often.
Never let your children go to bed hungry. Ever.
Don't make promises you don't intend to keep... especially promises you make to your children.
We learn from what our parents didn't do...Sad but true.It made us who we are today and a strong person.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#34 Sep 14, 2013
DID YOU KNOW: of course not..that
An exothermic reaction is a chemical reaction that releases energy in the form of light or heat. since the batt has no light then it must have heat ... a warm batt has more power then cold batt...
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#35 Sep 14, 2013
tallyho wrote:
DID YOU KNOW: of course not..that
An exothermic reaction is a chemical reaction that releases energy in the form of light or heat. since the batt has no light then it must have heat ... a warm batt has more power then cold batt...
you go with it pops, drain the battery some so it will have more power

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#36 Sep 14, 2013
DID YOU KNOW : read is a very educational tool..........

on a very cold wintery day always turn your lights old
for about a minute ..... then shut them off and start your car.... gives the batt a jump start in a way

for about a minute
for about a minute
for about a minute
for about a minute

very educational indeed some should try it
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#37 Sep 14, 2013
hell just short it out with jumper cables, that will really warm her up

lmao
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#38 Sep 14, 2013
My father taught me how interstellar travel would be possible with the right super conductor.

He also taught me not to believe old wives tails about batteries.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#41 Sep 14, 2013
DID you know that.. of course you didn't

a man could push a car by hand and start it [clutch/generators] and that one can start a auto/trans just by being push apprx 35-40 mph while in drive ..

go ahead embarrass yourself again ,,

now try to find some one else to fight with , because we have heard your story about an hour ago
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#42 Sep 14, 2013
ya just make it too easy pops

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#43 Sep 14, 2013
How to budget...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thirteen 16 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 17 min Hoosier Hillbilly 41,485
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 20 min Hoosier Hillbilly 31,742
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 26 min Hoosier Hillbilly 56,531
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 29 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2,180
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 35 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,150
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 35 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5,173
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 161,128
motorcycle traveling stories 3 hr Biker 495
News Snubbed Girl, 10, Gets Party of a Lifetime 3 hr Spotted Girl 6
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr Camilla 28,829
News Watch the bizarre moment when Scott Disick SHAV... 5 hr Christian Taliban 9
More from around the web