Why has Els Kitchen become such a hug...

Why has Els Kitchen become such a huge bore?

Created by Pollseter 2013 on Jan 1, 2013

43 votes

Click on an option to vote

full of most stuffy people

one always trying to better the other

Real snobby thread

Dead uninteresting

always clapping themselves on the back

their topics make u ZZZZZZZZZzzzzz

No color on that thread

Jeez, I hate it

Full of nerds who fancy themselves

all of the above

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#1 Jan 2, 2013
I personally don't think the above is
fair comment,

'El'S Kitchen' has been there ages..
and is a harmless and a good thread that welcomes everyone..

without prejudice.

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#2 Jan 2, 2013
If ya can't take the heat then stay out of the Kitchen...
:o)
El's thread is very interesting and filled with fun, fancy and flavor...
Sorry whoever made this thread doesn't like El's Kitchen...
To each their own...
There's no need for you to go there at all if you find it so boring... There are thousands of other threads...
@}-'--,---

Cool Hand Clem

“One day at a time”

Level 6

Since: Oct 12

----<>-----<>----<>-----<>---

#3 Jan 2, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
I personally don't think the above is
fair comment,
without prejudice.
I agree,its an oasis in a desert of hate and haters.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#4 Jan 4, 2013
Cool Hand Clem wrote:
<quoted text>I agree,its an oasis in a desert of hate and haters.
Thanks for this CHL,
and since I've been on EL'S KITCHEN for years ..
I can say I agree with you,
and, if we ever have a difference of opinion, over there...
which is very natural on any thread..
or day to day life,
we have found a way to settle suchlike .... amicably.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5 Jan 4, 2013
Haven't you noticed, the trolls have begun attacking the nicer threads. Goodness is a threat to them.
The moon has been out at night lately - maybe they'll go back to their black holes in a week or two.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#8 Jan 4, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
without prejudice.
The same could be said for every thread on Offbeat - nobody knows "our true colors."

Laura Beth

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#11 Jan 4, 2013
Steer clear of those phony rose gardens if you know what's good for you.......

Rotflmao !

You mean steer clear of all your 200 plus phony profiles . Dude your insane .

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Glastonbury, UK

#14 Jan 4, 2013
quilterqueen wrote:
Haven't you noticed, the trolls have begun attacking the nicer threads. Goodness is a threat to them.
The moon has been out at night lately - maybe they'll go back to their black holes in a week or two.
It's only because their raison d'etre for being on any thread is to disrupt and spew hate: merely a reflection of the emptiness of their own lives in the RW. I can only assume that they are sad individuals with nothing to offer and not much brain - hence the one-liners and unfunny comments, together with the desire to pick fights. The kitchen isn't the only one under attack: in fact they have tended to keep clear of it because they get ignored.

“My posts are MUCH better”

Level 3

Since: Jul 12

than your posts!

#15 Jan 4, 2013
I find it fascinating that people complain of socks and phony profiles here. EVERY SINGLE profile here is phony.

Having said that, El's kitchen, while populated with mostly benign and harmless folk, is rather in the category of talking about the weather over tea. Blaise' and unintersting for the most part. Which may explain its longevity.

Most other threads implode from the explozive weight of their verbal grenade launched comments.

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#16 Jan 5, 2013
Korny Kat wrote:
I find it fascinating that people complain of socks and phony profiles here. EVERY SINGLE profile here is phony.
Having said that, El's kitchen, while populated with mostly benign and harmless folk, is rather in the category of talking about the weather over tea. Blaise' and unintersting for the most part. Which may explain its longevity.
Most other threads implode from the explozive weight of their verbal grenade launched comments.
nothing phoney here my dear =)

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#17 Jan 5, 2013
HA HA! I finally made a poll...or at least
my beloved kitchen has.

I can only say one man's boring is another
man's enjoyment...and how could it possibly
be boring with such interesting visitors as
most of the folk on this thread?!

Everybody is welcome, so come on over, there
is always a welcome on the mat.

“Towards Spring”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18 Jan 5, 2013
Korny Kat wrote:
In as much as no one on Topix

- or at the very leasgt 'few' wish to
supply real names and addresses..
for obvious reasons.

Isn't that the opposite in fact>

your quote that most threads implode [etc]

wheres, El's Kitchen.. goes on & on..
and shows no sign on either 'ex' or 'im'ploding(:
Sanitation Engineer

Berlin Heights, OH

#23 Jan 6, 2013
BonBeBe wrote:
<quoted text>
"Having said that, El's kitchen, while populated with mostly benign and harmless folk, is rather in the category of talking about the weather over tea. Blaise' and unintersting for the most part. "
Well, I do believe t's time, way past time, to shake up those blaise' and uninteresting weather girls!
BonBeBe wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sorry whoever made this thread doesn't like Els's kitchen..."
Well, Rosie...that 'whoever' is the Pollster...and the 'Pollster' is Laura Beth...who poses as stacked and proud...who signs her posts as Wildbluerose...who is THROUGH...and that would be you! Imagine that!
SPAM!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Glastonbury, UK

#25 Jan 6, 2013
BonBeBe wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sorry whoever made this thread doesn't like Els's kitchen..."
Well, Rosie...that 'whoever' is the Pollster...and the 'Pollster' is Laura Beth...who poses as stacked and proud...who signs her posts as Wildbluerose...who is THROUGH...and that would be you! Imagine that!
Got news for you - I know S & P and she ain't LB. Nice try.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Glastonbury, UK

#26 Jan 6, 2013
BonBeBe wrote:
<quoted text>
"Having said that, El's kitchen, while populated with mostly benign and harmless folk, is rather in the category of talking about the weather over tea. Blaise' and unintersting for the most part. "
Well, I do believe t's time, way past time, to shake up those blaise' and uninteresting weather girls!
Try reading the post on there before you comment - for clearly you haven't. Or are you one of the delightful people who believes topix is there so you can hide behind a keyboard and write comments that you would never dream of saying to someone's face in the RW?

Straight To Hells Door

#27 Jan 6, 2013
Dang it Tony I'm Out of Props or I'd sure as heck have given you one!
All PIE wants to do is be a disruption and to try and get any scrap of attention that she can.. Sad to say you have it right about the Keyboard commando tactics...
Now PIE is making threats towards Lady Eleanors thread.. so I'm gonna suggest that no one reply to any of PIE's posts and that any which are attacks should be reported no matter what Name PIE is using at the time.. That is why I posted that list.. People need to know just who it is starting trouble, stalking and harassing people just for getting along with each other.. PIE's obsession makes no sense to me at all.. But then again neither does PIE...
@}-'--,---

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Glastonbury, UK

#28 Jan 6, 2013
Wildbluerose wrote:
Dang it Tony I'm Out of Props or I'd sure as heck have given you one!
All PIE wants to do is be a disruption and to try and get any scrap of attention that she can.. Sad to say you have it right about the Keyboard commando tactics...
Now PIE is making threats towards Lady Eleanors thread.. so I'm gonna suggest that no one reply to any of PIE's posts and that any which are attacks should be reported no matter what Name PIE is using at the time.. That is why I posted that list.. People need to know just who it is starting trouble, stalking and harassing people just for getting along with each other.. PIE's obsession makes no sense to me at all.. But then again neither does PIE...
@}-'--,---
Know exactly what you mean - it's a small-minded person with severe issues of self-esteem. Will take your advice and do what you suggest. Trust your weekend has been a good one.

Straight To Hells Door

#29 Jan 6, 2013
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Know exactly what you mean - it's a small-minded person with severe issues of self-esteem. Will take your advice and do what you suggest. Trust your weekend has been a good one.
Thanks Tony...
You hit the nail on the head... I generally ignore PIE.. It's a flat fact that I've been stalked by that person for the last 4 going on 5 years in all of PIEs different forms..hahahahaha
PIE follows me everywhere I post and trys to incite conflict..
PIE has done this on all of the threads where friends gather..
My garden threads, My Troops thread, My Pet Stories, Thread.. Chatty's thread.. Reds Thread, Flowers thread The Blog Poetry thread where Grace and I used to post often...
So now whenever PIE posts any of her/his particular brand of hate I just report it...
I hope that you have had a good weekend too and I hope that you will have a great week..
See ya over where those boring people post...hahahaha

It's the best method of dealing with PIE...
@}-'--,---

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Glastonbury, UK

#30 Jan 6, 2013
Wildbluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Tony...
You hit the nail on the head... I generally ignore PIE.. It's a flat fact that I've been stalked by that person for the last 4 going on 5 years in all of PIEs different forms..hahahahaha
PIE follows me everywhere I post and trys to incite conflict..
PIE has done this on all of the threads where friends gather..
My garden threads, My Troops thread, My Pet Stories, Thread.. Chatty's thread.. Reds Thread, Flowers thread The Blog Poetry thread where Grace and I used to post often...
So now whenever PIE posts any of her/his particular brand of hate I just report it...
I hope that you have had a good weekend too and I hope that you will have a great week..
It's the best method of dealing with PIE...
See ya over where those boring people post...hahahaha
@}-'--,---
Bound to be a good week (or at least the end of it)- I leave to go skiing in Austria on Friday!
See you there - she doesn't appear there as she would receive short shrift if she did. The troll control factor is pretty good there - hence the need for her creating this poll: sad really.

Straight To Hells Door

#31 Jan 6, 2013
Hi again Tony...
Skiing in Austria!!! WOW that sounds like a real adventure... I have never skied and I'm way to old to give that a try now...
I hope that you will have a great time!
There is a Ski resort here in Indiana it's called Paoli Peaks.. They almost went under at one time due to our weird weather but they have been recovering the past few years and are doing very well these days..
OMG! I mentioned weather!hahahahahahaha...
Take care and have BIG FUN!!
@}-'--,---

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 min Brandiiiiiiii 32,305
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 31 min what a russsh 16,313
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 32 min what a russsh 5,703
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 49 min Ricky F 226,035
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr what a russsh 150,847
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 1 hr wichita-rick 2,456
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 1 hr what a russsh 7,436
More from around the web