Prove to me "God" exists

Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rabblewo

Victoria, Canada

#1 Nov 22, 2010
Show me proof that "God" exists. Don't tell me to prove "God" doesn't exist because you can't prove a negative. Since you(if you believe in "God") are trying to prove a positive affirmation the burden of proof is on you.

Level 8

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 22, 2010
rabblewo wrote:
Show me proof that "God" exists. Don't tell me to prove "God" doesn't exist because you can't prove a negative. Since you(if you believe in "God") are trying to prove a positive affirmation the burden of proof is on you.
You're breathing
rabblewo

Victoria, Canada

#3 Nov 22, 2010
Laci Rae wrote:
<quoted text>
You're breathing
How is that proof?

Level 8

Location hidden

#4 Nov 22, 2010
rabblewo wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that proof?
Cause dead people can't type!
Capn Greg

United States

#5 Nov 22, 2010
rabblewo wrote:
do you ever hope that someone smarter than you is driving the ship?

do you ever think that if it were up to you alone, how would you keep it out of the ditch?

do you ever think that when desperation hits, there's a thing in the air that hears your heart break....

and did you ever doubt that air exists, though you can't see it, but know it's real when the wind blows it on you?

God isn't to be proved... it's to be believed... and here's the best part, it's an optional choice....

toss your coin in the air and make a decision that's yours alone.... for if you believe, you'll stand in judgment alone, and no matter what else anyone thinks... it don't matter anyway...

trust God, be wary of believers, and keep your tithes in your own pockets.....you'll do fine

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#6 Nov 22, 2010
Capn Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
do you ever hope that someone smarter than you is driving the ship?
do you ever think that if it were up to you alone, how would you keep it out of the ditch?
do you ever think that when desperation hits, there's a thing in the air that hears your heart break....
and did you ever doubt that air exists, though you can't see it, but know it's real when the wind blows it on you?
God isn't to be proved... it's to be believed... and here's the best part, it's an optional choice....
toss your coin in the air and make a decision that's yours alone.... for if you believe, you'll stand in judgment alone, and no matter what else anyone thinks... it don't matter anyway...
trust God, be wary of believers, and keep your tithes in your own pockets.....you'll do fine
Nice. Sounds colonial. Source?

“You Can't know me.”

Level 1

And I can't change your mind.

#7 Nov 22, 2010
rabblewo wrote:
This is just an athiest talking point. Nothing new, You're just speaking from someone elses idiocy.

The burden is really on you. If you don't believe, you're going to Hell/hades/ whatever you want to call it. The lake of fire is all you have to look forward to. So, you prove to God that you don't deserve that!!!
Holden Magroin

United States

#8 Nov 22, 2010
Laci Rae wrote:
<quoted text>
You're breathing
Doesn't prove a God. God is either believed or not. He is not quantitative. Faith in the not knowing is all religious believers have. No one knows the other side until after death. Assuming there is another side, and the fact he (the dead person) can't prove it, how would one ever know? If there really isnt another side, there would be nothing to communicate any way. Try again.

“1943-2013”

Level 10

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#9 Nov 22, 2010
rabblewo wrote:
why do you want to know ?

“This day is.............. .”

Level 4

Since: Sep 09

HAIRTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Nov 22, 2010
rabblewo wrote:
If God didn't create us, give it whirl yourself.
Smash two rocks together and make a human.
After trying this, witness the birth of your own child, then you will know.....
Capn Greg

United States

#11 Nov 23, 2010
Captn Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice. Sounds colonial. Source?
actually, straight from my heart.:-)

Level 8

Location hidden

#12 Nov 23, 2010
onsunday wrote:
<quoted text>
If God didn't create us, give it whirl yourself.
Smash two rocks together and make a human.
After trying this, witness the birth of your own child, then you will know.....
You do have a way with words sugar!
david

Zoersel, Belgium

#13 May 3, 2012
Do you have a brain ? Proof me , let me see it !

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#14 May 3, 2012
rabblewo wrote:
Show me proof that "God" exists. Don't tell me to prove "God" doesn't exist because you can't prove a negative.
That's kind of a silly statement. I can easily prove a negative on a simple number line.
Hoosier Hillbilly

Crothersville, IN

#15 May 3, 2012
Watch "Nature" for a few days, if you still say there's no God, then explain why there isn't,I've already showed you why there is!

"dragoon70056 ...
is a Disease”

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#16 May 3, 2012
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Watch "Nature" for a few days, if you still say there's no God, then explain why there isn't,I've already showed you why there is!
"dragoon70056 ...
is a Disease”
I personally don't believe so. You could very well be correct though.
Dave H

United States

#17 May 3, 2012
a foolish request, you don't prove God – that's what faith is all about. I can show you evidence of God's existence in a sunrise, a leaf, or newborn baby. You can show me evidence of His nonexistence by pointing out all be trouble in the world, sickness and starvation, wars, things like that. There is no proving The Lord, I recommend you just live your life the way you think is right and ask him some day if He's real or not.

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#18 May 3, 2012
Dave H wrote:
a foolish request, you don't prove God – that's what faith is all about. I can show you evidence of God's existence in a sunrise, a leaf, or newborn baby. You can show me evidence of His nonexistence by pointing out all be trouble in the world, sickness and starvation, wars, things like that. There is no proving The Lord, I recommend you just live your life the way you think is right and ask him some day if He's real or not.
One of the best posts I've seen on this subject, and absolutely correct. There is no proving OR disproving. Even though I consider myself atheist, I COULD make just as strong a case for His existence as I can for his non-existence, if that was what I was inclined to do. It simply comes down to which side of the argument one CHOOSES to believe.

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Here, There, and Everywhere,..

#19 May 3, 2012
Well, saw some lightening...but then again it could have been Zeus...up on Mt. Olympus...

“Bagging groceries....”

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

is child's play :)

#20 May 6, 2012
I can't prove to you that God exist, but I can tell you of an incident that might make you think there is a possibility he exist since you seem so bent that he doesn't.

My child was the second person in history to have her sinus cavities erupt, only the first to make it to surgery without dying. Surgeons had no idea how to repair it, it had not been done before. They gave her less than 5% chance to survive. We could only pray they said, and we did. She made it through surgery but they told us she would not survive the night. I was allowed 10 minutes in the critical care ward with her.

When I walked in there was a man beside her bed. I asked who he was and he said, " It matters not who I am, but the message I bring. Do not put worth in worldly words, but hold strength in thy fathers hand. This child will sit and ask for her worldly father and potatoes in 3 days. I have placed with her an object, do not look nor touch, just believe, this is the message I bring."

I was upset that this stranger was in her room and turned to ask the nurse to make him leave and she said, "Make who leave?" I went to point to him and he was not there. There was no other way out.

My daughter continued to get worse over the next two days and they told us to begin making arrangements for her death.

But... the following day, she miraculously was healed, as if nothing had happened to her. She sat up in her bed, asked where her daddy was and when I told her that he was on his way, she said, " can you ask him to bring me some McDonald's french fries?".

Now, if there is no God as you say there isn't, then please explain to me how this man appeared and then disappeared with the knowledge that proved accurate to the tee about my child. Everything that he said came true. Oh, and the object he asked me not to peek at or to touch...

My daughter was holding a teddy bear with angel wings and on it's belly were the words " Guardian Angel Bear". I asked her where she got it and she said, " That man you were talking to when I was so sick, don't you remember mommy, he was standing next to Jesus".

She was in a coma when that man spoke to me. She could not have known that if she had not seen/heard him as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Like..... (Mar '14) 4 min beatlesinthebog 375
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min anonymous 117,344
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 16 min Crazy Jae 21,355
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 30 min wichita-rick 147,615
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 57 min Crazy Jae 1,374
Big dawg 58 min Princess Hey 588
*=* Hoosier Hillbilly *=* 1 hr Princess Hey 144
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 6,370
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 2 hr NOM s Waffle House 9
Official: Oklahoma beheading suspect a bit 'weird' 4 hr Streetrunner 33