Things rich people don't have to endure.

Posted in the Weird Forum

Comments (Page 16)

Showing posts 301 - 320 of438
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Waiting around at the timeclock to tick so they aren't docked 15 minutes pay for punching out a minute too early.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
Waiting around at the timeclock to tick so they aren't docked 15 minutes pay for punching out a minute too early.
You do realize that the company pays you for 8 hours of work a day, not 7 hours and 59 minutes, right? I mean, they pay you for 40 hours a week, correct? Besides, getting to the timeclock early means you left your workstation earliER. There are companies out there that actually insist that you be at your workstation at the time you are supposed to start working. If you left your workstation early to go punch out and I was the employer - you would be on the outside looking in before the buzzer sounded.
Funny Stuff

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that the company pays you for 8 hours of work a day, not 7 hours and 59 minutes, right? I mean, they pay you for 40 hours a week, correct? Besides, getting to the timeclock early means you left your workstation earliER. There are companies out there that actually insist that you be at your workstation at the time you are supposed to start working. If you left your workstation early to go punch out and I was the employer - you would be on the outside looking in before the buzzer sounded.
You tell'em!!!.....lol
That's the way HR where I work presented it to all employees..... You are to work 8 hours, period. No starting to pack up at 4:55 so you can hit the punch clock exactly at 5:00PM. At 5PM, you pack up and then go towards the punch clock.

Union mentality is even worse.....

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Funny Stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell'em!!!.....lol
That's the way HR where I work presented it to all employees..... You are to work 8 hours, period. No starting to pack up at 4:55 so you can hit the punch clock exactly at 5:00PM. At 5PM, you pack up and then go towards the punch clock.
And...heading to the lunchroom 15 minutes prior to lunch time to heat up your leftover spaghetti in the microwave.

“Topixtown”

Since: Jun 09

Why yes, I DO have a blog!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

I've rarely had to punch a clock but, one boss thought he had it all figured out when he demanded we punch in and out, at the office. This meant punching in and then driving to the job site. Ok. But then it meant leaving the job early to get back to the shop to punch out. Depending upon job location, it cost him 20 minutes to an hour, per man, five days a week.

“Topixtown”

Since: Jun 09

Why yes, I DO have a blog!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Funny Stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell'em!!!.....lol
Any thoughts on the number of person hours lost by personnel posting on Topix while at work? Would you condone such activity in your work place?

“Steaming hunk”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

sell thier furniture to pay the water bill.

“Steaming hunk”

Level 4

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Walk to the grocery store(with children) because they cannot afford a car.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Any thoughts on the number of person hours lost by personnel posting on Topix while at work? Would you condone such activity in your work place?
It's called multi-tasking.

:o)

“I Wish 4 U Always Blue Skies”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

Easter Just Around the Corner

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

they will never know what it feels like to not have enough to eat!! or not enough money to pay your bills..have stuff disconnected because of not enough money..

“Steaming hunk”

Level 4

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Giving out apples and home made treats because you cant afford store bought.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

superwilly wrote:
Other than the apples, you grow your own sugar do you?

“Steaming hunk”

Level 4

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than the apples, you grow your own sugar do you?
No.

I have given out apples and home made treats like cookies until the sick twisted freaks who put razor blades drugs in thier apples and home made treats made that practice almost illegal.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

superwilly wrote:
Candy's waaay cheaper, than apples....

“Steaming hunk”

Level 4

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

superwilly wrote:
Walk to the grocery store(with children) because they cannot afford a car.
Walking to the grocery store with the kids does have its benefits.

My mom (the person in the example, the kids mentioned being me, my brother, and sister), is 81 years old and is stronger, more fit and active than some people half her age.

Dragging the wagon to the grocery store, then walking back with mom was character building and a precious memory with a precious woman.

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

car payments, they pay cash for their cars

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

mortage, they own their homes

“Steaming hunk”

Level 4

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Candy's waaay cheaper, than apples....
Apples from the backyard apple tree were free.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I have given out apples and home made treats like cookies until the sick twisted freaks who put razor blades drugs in thier apples and home made treats made that practice almost illegal.
That happened back in the 60's and 70's.

As much as I'd like to blame your situation on Bush - it is hardly a rich-poor situation. Choosing to hand out apples in an era where kids don't get enough nutrition in schools and at home, is what kids would call nowadays a little weird. So unless you live smach dab in the middle of Amish country - save you money or figure out a way of converting apples to fuel for your hay wagon.

“More Brains Than .....”

Level 6

Since: Sep 11

..a Zombie Thanksgiving

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

SuperCuts

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 301 - 320 of438
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••