of 2
Next Last

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosierville

#1 Dec 28, 2013
1.3 million people lost their extended unemployment benefits
a year-long unemployment extension comes with a $26 billion price tag.
LET"S examine how this comes about: Is it politics as usual?
1.3 million people get another full year of unemployment (why not 1 month or 3 months at most)[when I was between jobs that was the most I ever got and times were worse then than they are now]
Anyhow:
1.3 x $300 x 12 =$4,680,000,000
1,300,000 x $300/mo. x 12 months =$4,680,000,000
26,ooo,ooo,ooo - 4,680,000,000 =$21,320,000,000
$21,320,000,000 where's that go and who gets it?
Check my math something smells fishy here???

Level 8

Hoosierville

#2 Dec 28, 2013
Does that mean that it cost the administration 4 1/2 times more to distribute it as it does for those to get it? And we wonder why we are 17+ trillion in debt?
Surely this didn't get by 536 representatives of ours without someone doing the math?
Tell me I screwed up with my figures!

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#3 Dec 28, 2013
Nope, you got it nailed..it's just like rebuilding a school at the pricetag of 50 million because a tragedy happened there..perhaps that is the true plan..destroy everything that even looks like America, then we can just rebuild the new one on the same site..

I did see that Rosetta Stone had a holiday special on Mandarin, good till the end of the month..

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4 Dec 28, 2013
Check out numbers in the graph in the attached article. Chilli J...here to help!

http://www.policymic.com/articles/77617/1-3-m...

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#5 Dec 28, 2013
Extended unemployment ends today..For some that is all they had to survive for there are less jobs out there due to some many places couldn't stay open or had to make changes..What are people suppose to do to even stay alive?..

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Formerly From Kenya

#7 Dec 28, 2013
Are there no prisons, and the Union workhouses, are they still in operation..??

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#8 Dec 28, 2013
isn't unemployment based upon income and not a flat rate

Level 9

Location hidden

#9 Dec 28, 2013
honeymylove wrote:
Extended unemployment ends today..For some that is all they had to survive for there are less jobs out there due to some many places couldn't stay open or had to make changes..What are people suppose to do to even stay alive?..
Many folks don't care what happens to even the recently hard-working folks who are temporarily in need now. Ironically enough, many of the "don't care" crowd are card-carrying Tea Partiers, many who ironically consider themselves to be "Compassionate Christians" and some of them who are currently on Medicare and/or on Social Security. They've already got theirs and don't particularly care about others, since they often label all of those who are now in need as "lazy takers." Not very Christian, huh?
Zack

Kansas City, MO

#10 Dec 28, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Many folks don't care what happens to even the recently hard-working folks who are temporarily in need now. Ironically enough, many of the "don't care" crowd are card-carrying Tea Partiers, many who ironically consider themselves to be "Compassionate Christians" and some of them who are currently on Medicare and/or on Social Security. They've already got theirs and don't particularly care about others, since they often label all of those who are now in need as "lazy takers." Not very Christian, huh?
Precisely. It's like shuffling the deck chairs of the Titanic hoping for a fix. The only resource as a country we have are its people. Defunding unemployment for deserving souls only lines the pockets of politicians even further. It's a terrible misguided platform to stand on. Talk about cutting off you nose to spite your face.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#11 Dec 28, 2013
remembered who you voted for ?????

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#12 Dec 28, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't speak for others but it a shame to do people like this when they take away good jobs from others and now their unemployment pay as well..It's like if we can't get rid of the American people one way we will another..Just my opinion here.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Formerly From Kenya

#14 Dec 28, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>I get all my cipherin'' done by Topix teabaggers!
"2+2---- Why the gubmint WANTS you to think it equals 4...."
What is your mamma gonna say when you can't produce that check ferret..??..not gonna be pretty..

Might have to leave that basement after all..

just sayin'

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#15 Dec 28, 2013
ha ha see some did remember
A noted observer

Findlay, OH

#16 Dec 28, 2013
More like underemployment - check my mouth!

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#17 Dec 28, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Many folks don't care what happens to even the recently hard-working folks who are temporarily in need now.?
Typical strawman thrown out by another card-carrying buffoon. Please cite your sources that claim "many folks don't care what happens to even the recently hard-working folks temporarily in need now."

Also, please tell us in detail, what YOU have done to support the "recently hard-working folks who are temporarily in need now."

Are you taking meals to their homes? Filling their tanks with gas so they can look for a job? Paying their electric bills for the? No? Why not? Just don't give a shyt enough?

Fnckn hypocrite.

Level 9

Location hidden

#19 Dec 28, 2013
Dr_Dirty wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical strawman thrown out by another card-carrying buffoon. Please cite your sources that claim "many folks don't care what happens to even the recently hard-working folks temporarily in need now."
Also, please tell us in detail, what YOU have done to support the "recently hard-working folks who are temporarily in need now."
Are you taking meals to their homes? Filling their tanks with gas so they can look for a job? Paying their electric bills for the? No? Why not? Just don't give a shyt enough?
Fnckn hypocrite.
Card-carrying buffoon? LOL Assume, label and name-call much? Do your own homework / research! I'm not your admin. assistant. Tell us all you do to help those in need, St. Dirty? I'd be impressed if you did anything for needy folks! Since you've already decided I'm a F ing hypocrite, your own philanthropic accomplishments must be awe-inspiring! Since you might be a philanthropic virgin, I've thoughtfully attached a few sites below to get you started. If you contact them, you might need to open that check book and/or billfold. Chilli J...here to help.

https://www.devex.com/en/news/top-10-philanth...

http://www.charitywatch.org/azlist.html
YAWN

Eugene, OR

#20 Dec 29, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Card-carrying buffoon? LOL Assume, label and name-call much? Do your own homework / research! I'm not your admin. assistant. Tell us all you do to help those in need, St. Dirty? I'd be impressed if you did anything for needy folks! Since you've already decided I'm a F ing hypocrite, your own philanthropic accomplishments must be awe-inspiring! Since you might be a philanthropic virgin, I've thoughtfully attached a few sites below to get you started. If you contact them, you might need to open that check book and/or billfold. Chilli J...here to help.
https://www.devex.com/en/news/top-10-philanth...
http://www.charitywatch.org/azlist.html
Still waiting for you to cite your sources.

Level 8

Hoosierville

#21 Dec 29, 2013
ROTFLMAO >> a ask for a math check NOT the can of 'worms' that has been opened. But it is very interesting to see all the different view points

Level 8

Hoosierville

#22 Dec 29, 2013
Anyone remember the WPA?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_Progress_A...

Excerpt:
The Works Progress Administration (renamed in 1939 as the Work Projects Administration; WPA) was the largest and most ambitious New Deal agency, employing millions of unemployed people (mostly unskilled men) to carry out public works projects, including the construction of public buildings and roads.

Why not make people work for what they're getting - kills 2 birds with 1 stone?

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#23 Dec 29, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
ROTFLMAO >> a ask for a math check NOT the can of 'worms' that has been opened. But it is very interesting to see all the different view points
you did get a math check , unemployment isn't base upon a flat rate but income rate .... now when you have that ????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Farted? 2 min Zom13 4
Things you don't say on a first date .... 2 min Race play 4
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 min Mimi Portland 19,563
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min chillin 189,389
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 8 min TheJerseyDevil 5,345
News Flight attendants share their worst, weirdest s... 13 min Spotted Girl 3
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 22 min beatlesintheblog 34,587
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 36 min Grace Nerissa 55,718
More from around the web