Why?

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1 Jan 19, 2014
Does ice smell like onions???? This is an 'educated' question, please do try to come with an 'educated' reason!

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#2 Jan 19, 2014
The issue is that the ice has absorbed the smell of onions that is in your refrigerator.

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#3 Jan 19, 2014
Big Time wrote:
The issue is that the ice has absorbed the smell of onions that is in your refrigerator.
I do not have any onions in my frige!
Katz

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Jan 19, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
Does ice smell like onions???? This is an 'educated' question, please do try to come with an 'educated' reason!
A little early for Happy Valentines Day? lol that's ok, there are no rules, and it is the next holiday besides Martin Luther King tomorrow. Anyway, the avatar is really cute, love frogs, my eye deeps going to your pic, I can't help it. Reminds me of my pet tree frogs I used to have.

Anyway, I never knew ice smelled like onions, I never smelled ice-before, I don't think I did anyway. I would think it doesn't smell like anything. Why would you think ice smells like onions? Is there some kind of scientific explanation for this?

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Chicago, IL

#5 Jan 19, 2014
More generally, water smells like whatever is dissolved in it. Also, the plastic in your freezer can absorb smells from whatever is store in the frig. That, in turn, can transfer to the ice.

Sounds like it's time for the ol' box of Arm & Hammer baking soda, like the commercial says, to absorb odors hanging around inside there.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#6 Jan 19, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not have any onions in my frige!

Must be the acid then,...

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#7 Jan 19, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
Does ice smell like onions???? This is an 'educated' question, please do try to come with an 'educated' reason!
Most likely you have a high sulfur content in your water. When water freezes it can push out certain dissolved gasses. Are you on a well?

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#8 Jan 19, 2014
Uh Clem wrote:
More generally, water smells like whatever is dissolved in it. Also, the plastic in your freezer can absorb smells from whatever is store in the frig. That, in turn, can transfer to the ice.
Sounds like it's time for the ol' box of Arm & Hammer baking soda, like the commercial says, to absorb odors hanging around inside there.
That's strange my frige is very clean, and I do have a box of A & H in there already! Thank you, though!
oh teeth

Waynesboro, VA

#9 Jan 19, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>That's strange my frige is very clean, and I do have a box of A & H in there already! Thank you, though!
Didn't u know huhuhuhuhuhuhuhubuhuhuhuhuh ???
The boys played a lil trick on u!

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#10 Jan 19, 2014
Well, it's a sad story I tell but it's all true, I swear by my tattoo..

My electric was cut off, I don't know why..I paid the bill, I checked the pennies in the fusebox..all seemed normal..but still my refer was dark when I opened the door to snag the much needed ice for these old fashions,,,so I lit an oil lamp and placed it on the third shelf...now all my ice smells of Ahab...I remain stumped..

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#11 Jan 19, 2014
I dropped off the money exactly as per... look, man, I've got certain information, all right? Certain things have come to light. And, you know, has it ever occurred to you, that, instead of, uh, you know, running around, uh, uh, blaming me, you know, given the nature of all this new shit, you know, I-I-I-I... this could be a-a-a-a lot more, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, complex, I mean, it's not just, it might not be just such a simple... uh, you know?

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#12 Jan 19, 2014
Big Time wrote:
I dropped off the money exactly as per... look, man, I've got certain information, all right? Certain things have come to light. And, you know, has it ever occurred to you, that, instead of, uh, you know, running around, uh, uh, blaming me, you know, given the nature of all this new shit, you know, I-I-I-I... this could be a-a-a-a lot more, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, complex, I mean, it's not just, it might not be just such a simple... uh, you know?
What in God's holy name are you blathering about!!!!!

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#13 Jan 19, 2014
I'll tell you what. We'll tell Fred you were doing a great job taking care of his car, but you parked it out back last night and this morning... it was gone. We report it as stolen to the police. D-Day takes care of the wreck. Your brother's insurance company buys him a new car.





8181

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 min twowheelsforever 22,976
What Turns You Off? 5 min twowheelsforever 749
The letter R (Jun '13) 9 min Bad Bex 637
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Sublime1 219,102
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 36 min tiger_-_dad 150,130
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 41 min Mustang GT Girl 47,089
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 43 min CJ Rocker 2,268
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 58 min LIM 76,074
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 1 hr Sweetie-Pie 1,968
More from around the web