|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
The question at hand was whether women belonged on the front line. We are not discussing current policy or practices. Done right, there is no reason a woman should not be allowed on the front.
I initially said as much.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

This is very true - the face of modern combat is changing continuously. Given that we have a voluntary fighting force, I would think it would be up to the volunteer if they wanted to serve co-ed or not.

I think there's a happy median in there somewhere or another. Like I said, we're all males (I hope)- I haven't seen too much female feedback other than Becky (and she could kick all of our collective asses).

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>Thatís you. Iíd ONLY want to serve with the best.
What happens if the best is a woman? In your own words, some of these Marines that are in now I wouldn't trust with a pencil, let alone my life.

Be careful how high you set that bar - white men can't jump.

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, when you are fighting in a desert and can see your enemy from 5 miles away, maybe hand to hand is less likely. However, not all combat takes place in that environment. You don't know where the next war will be.
If you are in the jungle the chances for hand to hand combat increases.
People always are fighting the last war, and the fact is that men will be in danger, just so women feel equal. If they want to serve, men should be able to opt out serving with them, IMO. Go form all women's divisions and I guarantee in certain settings you will see a huge disparity in the death rates.
It's true about not knowing where the next war will be (sadly there could be another one).

And your stance is of "last wars". True story, bro [ nod to M69 ]

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnít have to be soon and it doesnít even have to happen. Itís about being prepared. You never know where you are going to go to war. Do you think in the 1980s that the folks in the pentagon thought we would be fighting the same mujahedeen 15-20 years later?
<quoted text>
By elite, Iím talking special forces. Heck, even the Marines only require men to do 3 pull ups to pass a fitness test for combat. There is nothing ďeliteĒ when your recruitment standards are set so low that you can only do 3 pull ups and join, IMO. No offense to anyone.
I ride sometimes with a guy who is an ex-Navy Seal and that is what I think of when I think of elite. Iíve known quite a few Marines and they donít look like anything like him. Dude is a beast. Thatís elite.
<quoted text>
I know itís coming. I think itís b.s. and people are going to die, just so some women feel equal. I'm sure that will warm the hearts of their loved ones ... knowing their son, brother, or whatever needless died so feminists feel treated equal. Whether it is the next war or the next war or the next war, itís going to happen.
<quoted text>
You see minimal danger, because you fail to acknowledge that you donít know where future wars will be fought. You keep insisting that the only possible wars we will fight in the forseeable future are the ones that you foresee now. I think that is a faulty assumption.
<quoted text>
Thatís you. Iíd ONLY want to serve with the best.
Oh and one last thing Subby - not only do I see your points and realize that you are passionate about your convictions - I still warn you - my neice would still wrap your SEAL friend in a knot - she won Midwest Masters at 57 kilos in October.
Level 6

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens if the best is a woman? In your own words, some of these Marines that are in now I wouldn't trust with a pencil, let alone my life.
Sadly, the few Marines I know I wouldn't trust to bring in my mail.

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed - but opponents would still find a way of complaining about it even if only one made it through. aka: G.I. Jane
This woman can back me up any day! Hiya Milwaukee69!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known a few in my day - the vast majority being diehards, "Ooh-Rah" types.

Whenever they get out of line I just remind them that the Navy ***pointing at chest*** paid their wages.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would only want to be special forces and would not accept anything less.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
This is very true - the face of modern combat is changing continuously. Given that we have a voluntary fighting force, I would think it would be up to the volunteer if they wanted to serve co-ed or not.
I think there's a happy median in there somewhere or another. Like I said, we're all males (I hope)- I haven't seen too much female feedback other than Becky (and she could kick all of our collective asses).
Pffffft
What page did you come in on?

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and one last thing Subby - not only do I see your points and realize that you are passionate about your convictions - I still warn you - my neice would still wrap your SEAL friend in a knot - she won Midwest Masters at 57 kilos in October.
I'm not going to get in a pi$sing match, but but was also a professional body builder. He knows his stuff. He's given me lots of pointers. He doesn't run anymore. He has a bullet in him and he said his knees are shot from when he served. He's a few years older than me and probably in his mid to late 40s.

A few of the other guys we ride with also served. Another was a Marine who served in Mogadishu ... blackhawk down. He got thrown out of a second story when a rocket propelled grenade came in. They told him he'd likely never walk again.

I have a world of respect for those guys. I think it's cool that they have all their patches on their riding gear. You don't see too many guys with a navy seal patch on, lol.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

DondoDork wrote:
<quoted text>
This woman can back me up any day! Hiya Milwaukee69!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_Tovn6yP1iAXX
LMFGDAO!!! Bernice the Headbuster (with a 1-1/2" wratchet)

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a few. They've all been good men. One of my best friends in high school was a few years older than me, was honorably discharged during training out in San Diego, I think if I remember correctly. He f'd up his knee bad wrestling with me in high school and had to have surgery. He re-injured it right before graduating boot camp.

I have the world of respect for folks who serve, but I don't think you need to be the best to join, tho. They have to lower standards to get enough recruits. My friend was kind of scrawny and still is.

My cousin had just gotten out from the Marines after I graduated from college and we were f'ing around at my graduation party. I wanted to see what a Marine could bring. He's strong and more well built than most guys, but we all are. We were wrestling, in front of his dad and I rear naked choked him on the ground and he tapped. I was kind enough not to choke him out, lol.

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFGDAO!!! Bernice the Headbuster (with a 1-1/2" wratchet)
Yep, I don't watch that show but someone sent that to me and I LMAO!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to get in a pi$sing match, but but was also a professional body builder. He knows his stuff. He's given me lots of pointers. He doesn't run anymore. He has a bullet in him and he said his knees are shot from when he served. He's a few years older than me and probably in his mid to late 40s.
A few of the other guys we ride with also served. Another was a Marine who served in Mogadishu ... blackhawk down. He got thrown out of a second story when a rocket propelled grenade came in. They told him he'd likely never walk again.
I have a world of respect for those guys. I think it's cool that they have all their patches on their riding gear. You don't see too many guys with a navy seal patch on, lol.
Me neither - but I guess my point is, that there are women out there, however few and far between, that could go toe-to-toe with any guy. I had an uncle that served in WWII as a Navy Frogman. He was the coolest dude ever to walk the planet. My fondest memory of him was the time my Dad threw out a full beer of the car and my uncle jumped out to retreive it - at 50 mph on a highway. The guy was fearless - God rest his soul.

I used to ride with the VA in Georgia (Post 57). We had quite a few PH and SS recipients that rode with us.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
may I point out she wasn't competing against , men

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
may I point out she wasn't competing against , men
No, she trained against them.
Level 6

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a few. They've all been good men. One of my best friends in high school was a few years older than me, was honorably discharged during training out in San Diego, I think if I remember correctly. He f'd up his knee bad wrestling with me in high school and had to have surgery. He re-injured it right before graduating boot camp.
I have the world of respect for folks who serve, but I don't think you need to be the best to join, tho. They have to lower standards to get enough recruits. My friend was kind of scrawny and still is.
My cousin had just gotten out from the Marines after I graduated from college and we were f'ing around at my graduation party. I wanted to see what a Marine could bring. He's strong and more well built than most guys, but we all are. We were wrestling, in front of his dad and I rear naked choked him on the ground and he tapped. I was kind enough not to choke him out, lol.
No doubt, anyone that serves has my initial respect. I don't tend to give byes for character issues because of that though. I know that there are many, many good Marines out there (as well as other services)- it's just sad that the only Marines I personally know aren't honorable.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known a few in my day - the vast majority being diehards, "Ooh-Rah" types.
Whenever they get out of line I just remind them that the Navy ***pointing at chest*** paid their wages.
too bad , seems to me when the shit is on the line all of the US's military acts with the same passion regardless of service branch ... it states Independence Day not the day of the Navy....

to have pride in your service is great , but to condemn just one uniform is welllllllllllllll...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

I'm an old fashion person , woman help not do combat ....

I know, I have seen them fight.... on Springer

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••