Are shootings getting more publicity than usual

Created by MoonDancing on Jan 11, 2013

89 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes, it's getting sick

because the world is SICKER

because it sells...

for an agenda

do watch the news because of it

“*Merry Christmas*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#403 Jan 14, 2013
"WE" haven't bumped heads yet today-missed you over the weekend-damn weekend mop-swappers bout
drove me crazy.
'i'll catch "U" tomorrow! 4-sure!

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#404 Jan 14, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a start.
true ... but I'm thinking more towards the who ..issue permits with care .... I mean I watched the rifleman and he only needed one weapon...

this is a tough state , but we have so many shootings here
look what happen a monthe ago , the one was a friend of mine , a felon got a few guns from a 24 year old female

talking about the firemen and police man shot

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#405 Jan 14, 2013
Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
of the U.S. Code?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_10_of_the_...
as in Subtitle E? Reserve components?
Military reserve and *** National Guard ****
Bingo. There's our militia, and ... they are people, indeed.
Just pull up the real title 10 and will will see the part about the militia.http://uscode.house.go v/download/title_10.shtml

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#406 Jan 14, 2013
QuiteCrazy wrote:
Since the CO shootings I think that the media has grown an appetite from this type of reporting, easy, sentimental, and profitable. Yes, this recent tragedy involving children is rare ..or is it? Since the days of Nero children have been massacred, and before..
Amish community had a man walk into their school and shoot children. He wasn't even Amish.
What is my point? I think that the media throws kerosene into a fire.
I agree. Between movies and video games, kids get to thinking in the fantasy of being famous. So do psychos. And the media coverage fuels the fire.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#407 Jan 14, 2013
tallyho wrote:
info:
ALBANY — A vote on tougher gun-control laws in New York could come later in the day, legislative leaders said Monday.
State lawmakers are expected to privately discuss a package of gun-control legislation — which would include a bolstered assault-weapons ban and stricter limits on magazines — on Monday afternoon after negotiations between Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders continued throughout the weekend.
Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, D-Manhattan, said a deal is “very, very close.” The legislative package, he said, would include the discontinuation of exceptions in the state’s current assault-weapons ban, a limit on the size of magazines to seven bullets and stricter penalties for gun-related crimes.
really don't see what this is going to do ?????
There goes the 1911 :(
Just Saying

United States

#408 Jan 14, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Between movies and video games, kids get to thinking in the fantasy of being famous. So do psychos. And the media coverage fuels the fire.
Thank the liberals.

Just Saying

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#409 Jan 14, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Between movies and video games, kids get to thinking in the fantasy of being famous. So do psychos. And the media coverage fuels the fire.
But, would you rather live in a country where these things happen but no one knows because they are hushed up? Or we only heard about them from Denny Crain types who repeated whatever gossip they heard and embellished upon that?

I rarely watch my local news because all local news is exploitative, "if it bleeds-it leads" drama. I just turn it off.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#410 Jan 14, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>They are working themselves up in a frenzy for nothing! Very easily led people. Like angry sheep.
It may be all the unspent energy, left over from their election loss....

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#411 Jan 14, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Thank the liberals.
Just Saying
Liberal actors against guns yet they become rich and famous with movies glorifying gun violence.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#412 Jan 14, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Thank the liberals.
Just Saying
ROFLMAO!!!

It's the wing nuts doing the shooting. Liberals are the officers. We pick better targets. We're pro-life, not pro-fetus.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#413 Jan 14, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>But, would you rather live in a country where these things happen but no one knows because they are hushed up? Or we only heard about them from Denny Crain types who repeated whatever gossip they heard and embellished upon that?
I rarely watch my local news because all local news is exploitative, "if it bleeds-it leads" drama. I just turn it off.
I don't know. I think the local paper can report it. Beyond that, I'm not sure of the value of national exposure..especially when like you noted, the corporate media sell death.

I don't watch tv news, either.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#414 Jan 14, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Liberal actors against guns yet they become rich and famous with movies glorifying gun violence.
Charleston Heston was a republican..."From these cold hands", he'd say..what a dick.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#415 Jan 14, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Charleston Heston was a republican..."From these cold hands", he'd say..what a dick.
Yeah he kinda was...playing out his macho bullshit, like it mattered....and not like Ben Hur in the least....

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#416 Jan 14, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. I think the local paper can report it. Beyond that, I'm not sure of the value of national exposure..especially when like you noted, the corporate media sell death.
I don't watch tv news, either.
death/bad news sell ,,not a corporate selling death ...

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#417 Jan 14, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. I think the local paper can report it. Beyond that, I'm not sure of the value of national exposure..especially when like you noted, the corporate media sell death.
I don't watch tv news, either.
Local news is a business, expected to make lots of money for the station. In the Cronkite days, the networks and the local stations did the news primarily to inform. Now they have to sensationalize EVERYTHING and stay up in the ratings.

I think that deep down inside they like the massacres for the attention/ratings they get just like the NRA and the gun companies do to. It equals $$$$$$!

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#418 Jan 14, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Charleston Heston was a republican..."From these cold hands", he'd say..what a dick.
Charleston Heston wasn't a hypocrite about his stand on guns like actors who are anti gun yet make their money promoting guns violence

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#419 Jan 14, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Charleston Heston wasn't a hypocrite about his stand on guns like actors who are anti gun yet make their money promoting guns violence
I think Lindsey Graham should play you in "The Denny Crain Story". Or maybe Lindsey Lohan?

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#420 Jan 14, 2013
Here are Obama’s thoughts on the debt limit in 2006, when he voted against increasing the ceiling:

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.… Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

What a hypocrite Obama is

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#421 Jan 14, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah he kinda was...playing out his macho bullshit, like it mattered....and not like Ben Hur in the least....
I know....and riled up those half crazes "We don't know what gun control is, but we're going to be mad as hell about it" crowd.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#422 Jan 14, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
Here are Obama’s thoughts on the debt limit in 2006, when he voted against increasing the ceiling:
The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.… Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.
What a hypocrite Obama is
Under the Constitution, fiscal decisions rest with Congress, which passes laws specifying tax rates and establishing spending programs. If the revenue brought in by those legally established tax rates falls short of the costs of those legally established programs, the Treasury Department normally borrows the difference.

Lately, revenue has fallen far short of spending, mainly because of the depressed state of the economy. If you don’t like this, there’s a simple remedy: demand that Congress raise taxes or cut back on spending. And if you’re frustrated by Congress’s failure to act, well, democracy means that you can’t always get what you want.

Where does the debt ceiling fit into all this? Actually, it doesn’t. Since Congress already determines revenue and spending, and hence the amount the Treasury needs to borrow, we shouldn’t need another vote empowering that borrowing. But for historical reasons any increase in federal debt must be approved by yet another vote. And now Republicans in the House are threatening to deny that approval unless President Obama makes major policy concessions.

It’s crucial to understand three things about this situation. First, raising the debt ceiling wouldn’t grant the president any new powers; every dollar he spent would still have to be approved by Congress. Second, if the debt ceiling isn’t raised, the president will be forced to break the law, one way or another; either he borrows funds in defiance of Congress, or he fails to spend money Congress has told him to spend.

Finally, just consider the vileness of that G.O.P. threat. If we were to hit the debt ceiling, the U.S. government would end up defaulting on many of its obligations. This would have disastrous effects on financial markets, the economy, and our standing in the world. Yet Republicans are threatening to trigger this disaster unless they get spending cuts that they weren’t able to enact through normal, Constitutional means.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/opinion/kru...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 min Jennifer Renee 7,507
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 3 min Princess Hey 140
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Dogen 131,939
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min -Lea- 25,531
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 6 min Princess Hey 192
Man murders wife, shows parents her body on webcam (Apr '11) 28 min Rust 80
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 34 min Sam 24
Is it possible to....... 41 min -CatCiao- 537
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 52 min mr goodwrench 112
"OLD SAYINGS" - - - Feel free to post them here... 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 70
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Rose of Tralee 152,399
More from around the web