Ex-Lawyer Accused Of Setting Girlfrie...

Ex-Lawyer Accused Of Setting Girlfriend On Fire

There are 53 comments on the CBS Local story from Apr 7, 2014, titled Ex-Lawyer Accused Of Setting Girlfriend On Fire. In it, CBS Local reports that:

A 60-year-old man is accused of setting his girlfriend on fire, causing her to lose an ear, slip into a medically induced coma and suffer a number of serious burns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Evilgelicals R Mental

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Apr 7, 2014
Oh, that is a clear tortch....
Tasteless

Huntington, NY

#2 Apr 7, 2014
Fire in the hole!!!!
the general

United States

#3 Apr 7, 2014
hunk a hunk of burnin love

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Chicago, IL

#4 Apr 7, 2014
His reasoning was, she wasn't hot enough already.
Janice

Reading, PA

#5 Apr 7, 2014
His punishment should be to burn him.
Evilgelicals R Mental

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Apr 7, 2014
The entire thread and not one "incendiary" icon....

What's gotten into people these days?
DAM

Jackson, MO

#8 Apr 7, 2014
My God, this world gets more and more insane by the mentally challenged, every minute. My first thought was a couple of movies, but the one Farrah Fawcet starred in was a true story. This guy was a lawyer? Well that explains it if he defended and got those off that were guilty and it finally torched his brain.

Evil one, you didn't even get an icon yet? Perhaps they recognize you no matter what name you post in?
Roman Candella

Huntington, NY

#9 Apr 8, 2014
It's actually much harder to light a woman on fire than it is to light a man on fire. With men, you at least have a wick.
Woof

Whitby, Canada

#10 Apr 8, 2014
Roman Candella wrote:
It's actually much harder to light a woman on fire than it is to light a man on fire. With men, you at least have a wick.
You may be right but if she was menopausal, I'll bet the slightest spark set her off.
Woof

Whitby, Canada

#11 Apr 8, 2014
I guess this guy is getting ready to step up to the bars.

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#12 Apr 8, 2014
Is he a closet case or what? What decent straight man harms his wife or girlfriend?
Talibangelical Fatwa

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Apr 9, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
Is he a closet case or what? What decent straight man harms his wife or girlfriend?
Oh, I don't know, about 40% of str8 men do that to one extent or another, particularly if you include women who are not in any ongoing relationship with them.

Nice to see when the homophobia is blatantly unmoored from reality, as ever. But at least there is an inadvertent acknowledgment that being a closet case, specifically, is an unhealthy state of affairs.
Woof

Whitby, Canada

#14 Apr 9, 2014
Talibangelical Fatwa wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I don't know, about 40% of str8 men do that to one extent or another, particularly if you include women who are not in any ongoing relationship with them.
Nice to see when the homophobia is blatantly unmoored from reality, as ever. But at least there is an inadvertent acknowledgment that being a closet case, specifically, is an unhealthy state of affairs.
Wow. 40% huh? Those stats taken from the pages of U.B.S Q of C ??
(Utter Bull5hit Statistical Quotes of Convenience)
I guess I'll need to buy a few lighters this weekend. It seems I've gotten a little behind Wow!!
Talibangelical Fatwa

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Apr 9, 2014
Woof wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. 40% huh? Those stats taken from the pages of U.B.S Q of C ??
(Utter Bull5hit Statistical Quotes of Convenience)
I guess I'll need to buy a few lighters this weekend. It seems I've gotten a little behind Wow!!
You can look up the stats on rape, incest and physical violence against women. I know what it is in the US. It's not just eight or ten hetero men doing it all, Jethro.

Now, Canada is less violent overall on most measures, so that's different.

Level 8

Spotted World

#16 Apr 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Sorry, no intent to inflame nor defame. I specifically mentioned closet cases since domestic violence knows no orientation nor ethnicity. There are violent people in every orientation.

Cops hate being called to domestic calls in general. Often, the victims will turn on the police, and the initial attacker joins in. Then everyone's in the hospital, if 1-2 are not in the morgue, and the couple and sometimes their neighbors too end up with felony charges.

In a way, it would be nice to lump spouse-beating in with bad things, even if they aren't true. I could see it if it was lumped in with pedo stuff. The guy ends up not lasting a day in prison. But there is a bad side to artificially getting something hated by lumping it in with other hated things. What if society changes its mind and decides whatever the things are lumped in with are not bad? Like what if you said nose-picking was as bad as adultery in the 1700's? People would want to stone those who pick their noses. But make that same claim now, and it would be dismissed immediately, or they would claim that nose-picking is worse. So a false foundation is no good.

Really, if we didn't have the 8th Amendment, I'd say if someone severely beats or deliberately harms their spouse or minor child/stepchild, or attacks a stranger for no reason, they lose their arms and can never collect disability. But it has to be without a shadow of doubt.

And I hope all is well with you. Take care.

Level 8

Spotted World

#17 Apr 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Oh, and those 40% are not "decent" as I specified either.
Talibangelical Fatwa

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Apr 9, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, no intent to inflame nor defame. I specifically mentioned closet cases since domestic violence knows no orientation nor ethnicity....I'd say if someone severely beats or deliberately harms their spouse or minor child/stepchild, or attacks a stranger for no reason, they lose their arms and can never collect disability.
The endemic violence against women does know a particular sexual orientation, particularly but not only if you think of rape.

And you said "closet cases," not "men," I seem to recall. It was obviously deliberate.

Your ideas about amputation would not fly even in a caliphate.

Thanks for your seeming kind greetings.
Juliet

United States

#19 Apr 9, 2014
I pray for her and loved ones and I don't want to, but I'll pray for him and also pray that his lawyer is not a good one and he does not get off (ever again). I wonder what chances she has to survive both physically and mentally after such a tragic event happening to her. Will either of them burn in hell?

Level 8

Spotted World

#20 Apr 10, 2014
<quoted text>
The endemic violence against women does know a particular sexual orientation, particularly but not only if you think of rape.
And you said "closet cases," not "men," I seem to recall. It was obviously deliberate.
Your ideas about amputation would not fly even in a caliphate.
Thanks for your seeming kind greetings.
Thank you for your clarification. Yes, I should have said "men," but I still think they are sexually frustrated or something. A lot of closet cases are with women, and being miserable can lead to violence. And you are right, it knows no bounds.

Yes, my wishes were genuine. I love reading a lot of your puns.
Pere Plecksing

Huntington, NY

#21 Apr 10, 2014
Can she hire him as her lawyer?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 min Lord Iwen 215,217
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 min honeymylove 149,995
A to Z songs by title or group! 3 min CJ Rocker 1,539
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 min Finnys Ferret Fetish 74,216
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 13 min CJ Rocker 16,542
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 16 min CJ Rocker 7,529
~Things YOU Love Game~ (Oct '12) 17 min Camilla 3,888
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 31 min Crystal_Clear722 3,728
What have you learned in your years on Earth? (Jun '10) 4 hr honeymylove 154
More from around the web