“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#21 Nov 19, 2012
In Africa, we don't have a thanksgiving. But I am aware of such a period in America from the many movies I've watched:)

“Appreciate all the”

Since: May 10

good eggs in ur life

#22 Nov 19, 2012
Here you go A_s
A tour of New York:
http://www.virtualnyctour.com/

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#24 Nov 19, 2012
Bit of advice.. in NYC, don't walk around so happy like your picture you might get into trouble.

Sounds mean but I know my city.
Ferrerman

Lynchburg, OH

#25 Nov 19, 2012
Geno gave me my present early this year.

Level 2

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#26 Nov 19, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
In Africa, we don't have a thanksgiving. But I am aware of such a period in America from the many movies I've watched:)
What about Christmas? And if you do celebrate it...if you don't mind sharing how?
I love hearing how other people celebrate holidays. Even some of my friends have interesting stories.
On Christmas eve, I always have new sleep clothes for the boys I let them open. They bundle up in it, we watch movies, cook sweets, have hot chocolate, and any other family thing the boys want to do! Sometimes we ride around that night to look at decorated houses.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#27 Nov 19, 2012
QuiteCrazy wrote:
Bit of advice.. in NYC, don't walk around so happy like your picture you might get into trouble.
in other words, dont look like the poster boy for "Coming to America" lol

just joking here!
:)

Location hidden

#28 Nov 19, 2012
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you. It's always smart to start as early as possible. I'm waiting for the wish list from my daughter. She holds everything up, lol. I don't have many to buy for at all, so it's no big deal for me. And if she's late with the list, she gets cash and a few gifts that I know she would like. My hub and I only exchange one or two gifts. We can get anything we want the rest of the year. I don't understand all of the rush and the need for so many presents at Christmas, although when my daughter was little, we enjoyed gift giving the most. I do enjoy family, food, music and atmosphere of the season though, and I think that's what matters most. There was a time when material things meant so much to me, in fact a lot, but not so much anymore. It's kind of frustrating because at the time I loved receiving or buying so many presents, I didn't have that much money. Now that I am better off, those things just don't seem to matter as much.
i dont have a big list to buy for anymore either. thats why im half done. lol
hubby and i dont buy for each other either, we do the same as u, buy what we want during the rest of the year, and besides if i buy my own its the perfect size, color etc. lol

“I care more about my character”

Level 7

Since: Jun 11

...... then my reputation

#29 Nov 19, 2012
Mary wrote:
What happened to thanksgiving???????
That get's 'gobbled' up in one day, lol.

Level 6

Location hidden

#30 Nov 19, 2012
PFfff wrote:
<quoted text>
in other words, dont look like the poster boy for "Coming to America" lol
just joking here!
Africa... just incase you don't know the movie.... here..

OMG!!! U were NOT joking, who you fooling!?!? ROTFLMAO!!
Remember the part when he was saying hello... and they answered back... LOL

Location hidden

#31 Nov 19, 2012
QuiteCrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Africa... just incase you don't know the movie.... here..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vPE4OCeKt2kXX
OMG!!! U were NOT joking, who you fooling!?!? ROTFLMAO!!
Remember the part when he was saying hello... and they answered back... LOL
LOL
when u posted that and i looked at his picture - Eddie Murphy and that movie was the first thing that came to mind. lol

i love EM, dont seen him around anymore though.
Sad

Medford, NY

#32 Nov 19, 2012
Mary wrote:
What happened to thanksgiving???????
Thanksgiving? What's that?
Oh wait, that's the day before Black Friday right?

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#33 Nov 19, 2012
Why? lol
QuiteCrazy wrote:

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#34 Nov 19, 2012
Freckles Are Smoochable wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Christmas? And if you do celebrate it...if you don't mind sharing how?
I love hearing how other people celebrate holidays. Even some of my friends have interesting stories.
On Christmas eve, I always have new sleep clothes for the boys I let them open. They bundle up in it, we watch movies, cook sweets, have hot chocolate, and any other family thing the boys want to do! Sometimes we ride around that night to look at decorated houses.
We do celebrate Christmas. That's why I started this thread. Africans emulate western traditions these days. We put up christmas trees, sing christmas carols and give and receive gifts. Oh yeah, our kids believe in Santa Claus :)

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#35 Nov 19, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text> Oh yeah, our kids believe in Santa Claus :)
Black or white?

Level 6

Location hidden

#36 Nov 19, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
Why? lol<quoted text>
LOL.. why? Okay, first you look like a tourist and that's a big no no which means you'll get scammed, robbed, "bumped",...

second, smile like that when they smile first or you know them... else you might get a beat down, a$$ whopping, translation beat up.

third, if you happen to be walking in those streets it's best to look <ahem> hard.. hardcore.. like a mean mfer.. or.. see.. like "don't mess with me or I'll f-u up," ... depends on where you are else.. that attitude would mean.. You are LOOKing for a beat down or a fight or "bringing it"

fourth.. you getting this?.. you smile like that an you might like girls but you might get <ahem>another type of attention... manly like...

five... You're awfully friendly looking by the pic. and sometimes people take that as a sucka, glib, fool, etc... been there done that... it's not pretty

Bud, I'm just speaking from experince maybe you'll be in the right side of town with friends and they'll watch out for you but don't be fool, NYers.. we are friendly just takes awhile... a lot of weirdies there...

btw becareful on the bus and trains

Level 6

Location hidden

#37 Nov 19, 2012
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Black or white?
I can't believe you asked that!!
lol

Level 2

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#38 Nov 19, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text> We do celebrate Christmas. That's why I started this thread. Africans emulate western traditions these days. We put up christmas trees, sing christmas carols and give and receive gifts. Oh yeah, our kids believe in Santa Claus :)
awesome! I love the holidays. Not gifts, the spending time with family and friends is the most important besides the true meaning of Christmas

“...the catfish are....”

....eating my yard.....

#39 Nov 19, 2012
..."alot"....

LOL!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Right here under my thumb

#40 Nov 19, 2012
QuiteCrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe you asked that!!
lol
I did a term paper back in school that examined the question of what people's view of Santa Claus was to them.

You'd be surprised to know that 90% of all people, regardless of race, creed or color, look at Sanat Claus as some fat, old white man with a beard.

True story bro'.
Krypteia

Whitehaven, UK

#41 Nov 19, 2012
Freckles Are Smoochable wrote:
<quoted text>awesome! I love the holidays. Not gifts, the spending time with family and friends is the most important besides the true meaning of Christmas
I like the gifts..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Blitzking 163,679
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 12 min Wolftracks 1,784
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 15 min wichita-rick 162,726
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 15 min skybobbie 11,352
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 17 min skybobbie 79,122
motorcycle traveling stories 52 min Wolftracks 758
Add 2 Letters to Complete a Word 1 hr andet1987 678
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Wolftracks 40,617
Things that make life eaiser... 3 hr Crazy Jae 572
More from around the web