Why Birds Are Igniting in Midair Over...

Why Birds Are Igniting in Midair Over California

There are 105 comments on the HOT 107.9 story from Aug 19, 2014, titled Why Birds Are Igniting in Midair Over California. In it, HOT 107.9 reports that:

A cutting-edge solar technology in California's Mojave Desert may have a bit too much cut.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HOT 107.9.

---Word Woman---

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#67 Aug 23, 2014
your immigrant grandpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Ewwwwwwwwwwww and I used to like you
Yes you are racist
and a stoopidkunt to boot
Global warming is real weather or not al gore drives a car or flies in a plane sheesh
geez louise go hang out with spotted girl
Typical liberal garbage...
Let me guess...you thought that comment/argument was brilliant, huh?!?
Good try...you'll have to forgive me for being far less than impressed, though...lol

“Very cute!”

Level 1

Since: Apr 13

United States

#68 Aug 23, 2014
---Word Woman--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just be clear...I have NO affiliation with the Tea Party...
I am also not uneducated, irrational (that's the word for "anti rational"), or stupid...I simply disagree with your garbage & that seems to get right up under your skin. Here's the great thing about this country we live in: I'm allowed to have an opinion that differs from yours...and, quite frankly, I'm grateful that I AM intelligent enough to do so, rather than being a part of the clueless masses, like yourself, who are still somehow able to trust & support Obama...
,
Good post!
L Craig s Hush Puppies

Philadelphia, PA

#69 Aug 23, 2014
---Word Woman--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Gore isn't climate change?!?
I gather you enjoy presenting retarded arguments.

Al Gore has been an instance of a popularizer of the concepts involved in climate change.

He is not - meaning he does not constitute - climate change. Al Gore is not climate change. His problems or any exaggerations or any financial holdings he has do not speak to the universe of informed opinion on climate change. He is a small part of it.

There's also all (but about four) of the qualified scientists who know climate change is human mediated, the global re insurers, the CIA, the Pentagon. These are serious people. They have resources and careers and funding whether climate change is human caused or is not.

That goes beyond just Al Gore. When right wing ignoramuses mention him they are making a typically risible, disingenuous "argument."

That was the simple point. Now I've made it even simpler. Simple enough for a tiny, uneducated tee baggrz mind? Well, probably not. Right wingers can never understand the concept of "subset," of a "part" versus a "whole."
L Craig s Hush Puppies

Philadelphia, PA

#70 Aug 23, 2014
---Word Woman--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical liberal garbage...
That sounds like a tee baggrz. It doesn't matter if you claim or lie that you have no affiliation to the Tea Party. That's hardly relevant to the ignorance and disingenuousness of your posts.

Fundies and Republicans and tee baggrz are all in the same dank ship of idiocy, anyway. The correlations between racism, "believing" the earth is under 10000 years old, complete ignorance of basic science could hardly be stronger amongst these cohorts.

---Word Woman---

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#71 Aug 23, 2014
-Lea- wrote:
<quoted text>
,
Good post!
Thanks :)

---Word Woman---

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#72 Aug 23, 2014
L Craig s Hush Puppies wrote:
<quoted text>
I gather you enjoy presenting retarded arguments.
Al Gore has been an instance of a popularizer of the concepts involved in climate change.
He is not - meaning he does not constitute - climate change. Al Gore is not climate change. His problems or any exaggerations or any financial holdings he has do not speak to the universe of informed opinion on climate change. He is a small part of it.
There's also all (but about four) of the qualified scientists who know climate change is human mediated, the global re insurers, the CIA, the Pentagon. These are serious people. They have resources and careers and funding whether climate change is human caused or is not.
That goes beyond just Al Gore. When right wing ignoramuses mention him they are making a typically risible, disingenuous "argument."
That was the simple point. Now I've made it even simpler. Simple enough for a tiny, uneducated tee baggrz mind? Well, probably not. Right wingers can never understand the concept of "subset," of a "part" versus a "whole."
Read the following:

Bryan Fischer s Hair Gel wrote:
<quoted text>
It is all nonsense peddled by financially interested shills, picked up by media outlets eager not to alienate right wing readership, and then swallowed by rubes who don't know the first thing about anything but who resent any suggestion of a global problem requiring collective solutions.
Qualified scientists, the global re insurers, the various military and intelligence agencies are serious people. You are not. These crank denier sites are not serious."
---Word Woman--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny...Al Gore seems to be a financially interested shill who doesn't see the need to practice what he preaches...And, I thought all you libs agreed that change has to begin LOCALLY...wouldn't our own country be a good place to start in terms of reducing the carbon footprint?!?
Bryan Fischer s Hair Gel wrote:
<quoted text>Al Gore is not climate change
---Word Woman--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Gore isn't climate change?!?
I believe all of these links suggest otherwise...and he's certainly made a hell of a lot of money touting climate change....
http://www.google.com/search...

Here is how the conversation went...maybe this time you can keep up....
You said the denier sites are financially interested...I then replied that Al Gore is financially interested in & has benefitted a hell of a lot from touting global warming, though he doesn't seem to see the need to practice what he preaches. You then came back & said that Al Gore isn't climate change (which was a stupid comment, b/c I didn't claim that Al Gore WAS climate change...only that he was the hypocritical guy getting quite a bit wealthier as a result of jetting around preaching the cause)...to which I replied with links, proving my point...
Are ya still with me?!? Are you understanding what I'm posting so far?!?

Now...I don't think anyone is denying that climate science is real...nor climate change. The disagreement seems to be on whether the rate of climate change is a problem & whether it is being caused by humans...

---Word Woman---

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#73 Aug 23, 2014
L Craig s Hush Puppies wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like a tee baggrz. It doesn't matter if you claim or lie that you have no affiliation to the Tea Party. That's hardly relevant to the ignorance and disingenuousness of your posts.
Fundies and Republicans and tee baggrz are all in the same dank ship of idiocy, anyway. The correlations between racism, "believing" the earth is under 10000 years old, complete ignorance of basic science could hardly be stronger amongst these cohorts.
My guess is that anyone who disagrees with you sounds like a Teabagger...good thing I couldn't care less what some idiotic socialist, like you, thinks...
Now, go back & join the herd, sheep....

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#74 Aug 23, 2014
Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air
You better watch out
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Jordan and I have seen
Things are not what they seem.

PA is just catching up...ignore its ignorance....what a tool of today.
L Craig s Hush Puppies

Philadelphia, PA

#75 Aug 23, 2014
---Word Woman--- wrote:
<quoted text>
You said the denier sites are financially interested...I then replied that Al Gore is financially interested in & has benefitted a hell of a lot from touting global warming....The disagreement seems to be on whether the rate of climate change is a problem & whether it is being caused by humans...
Disgusting, ignorant, disingenuous right wing morons - offenses to rationality itself.

1, Instead of dealing with the reality that you are unqualified to deal with you brought up Al Gore in an attempt to undermine the reality of human mediated climate change.

And I explained to you that Al Gore is not climate change. There's (statistically) all the qualified scientists, the CIA, the Pentagon, the global re insurers.

If you want to criticize Al Gore than that's different from all these other parties, who are serious persons, unlike ignorant deniers, so it doesn't matter if Al Gore is financially interested or hypocritical.

Because he's not climate change. That was my simple, simple point, which was obvious to any thinking individual.

The science is perfectly clear. The denier sites are industry or right wing shills. The denier sites are all you deniers have. You don't have the CIA or the Pentagon or the global re insurers or the qualified scientists on your side. All you have is industry funded denier sites populated by the names of Creationist "scientists" and the like.

Can your little mind grasp how this is different from the matter of Al Gore? He is a tiny piece.

The denier sites are all you have. See? That's called noting a difference.

2. The other moron, right wing poster here explicitly denies any warming is taking place. You lied about this. Right wing cretins definitely deny there is warming at all, although it tends to be the unfathomably stupid ones who do that.

3. There is no scientific controversy about human activity causing climate change, and no scientific controversy about it being a serious matter.(There's a range of projected effects.)

There is a political controversy, just as there was with asbestos and tobacco. There is no scientific controversy.
L Craig s Hush Puppies

Philadelphia, PA

#76 Aug 23, 2014
---Word Woman--- wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is that anyone who disagrees with you sounds like a Teabagger....
Yup, right wing anti rationalists are all exactly like tee baggrz, statistically, in terms of their constellation of racist and wrong and uneducated views, as I explained.

But you didn't explain your "point" about bring immigrants into this discussion. People immigrating into the US don't figure into climate change...because they already exist when they're outside the US, using carbon.

So you can explain your "point" you were making by bringing the racially based, right wing complaint about immigration in this context. I said it evidenced racism. You denied that. So you can explain what your exact "point" was, since you're so educated...but unable to make an intellectually honest argument.

Why'd you inject immigration into this? Explain your "point."
L Craig s Hush Puppies

Philadelphia, PA

#77 Aug 23, 2014
justaguess wrote:
ignore its ignorance
No content in your typically unhinged post regarding any of the arguments.

But content and data are "ignorance" to the fundies and tee baggrz.

Institutions like the CIA, the Pentagon, the qualified scientific community, the global insurance companies - they don't know anything.

Rush Limbaugh - he knows a lot....

Right wing, ignorant trash.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#78 Aug 23, 2014
Wow..the libtard has it down to a 15 minute response of regurgitating its response..impressive..

still clueless to reality but waits at the ready..good for a drone..

---Word Woman---

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#79 Aug 23, 2014
L Craig s Hush Puppies wrote:
<quoted text>
Disgusting, ignorant, disingenuous right wing morons - offenses to rationality itself.
1, Instead of dealing with the reality that you are unqualified to deal with you brought up Al Gore in an attempt to undermine the reality of human mediated climate change.
And I explained to you that Al Gore is not climate change. There's (statistically) all the qualified scientists, the CIA, the Pentagon, the global re insurers.
If you want to criticize Al Gore than that's different from all these other parties, who are serious persons, unlike ignorant deniers, so it doesn't matter if Al Gore is financially interested or hypocritical.
Because he's not climate change. That was my simple, simple point, which was obvious to any thinking individual.
The science is perfectly clear. The denier sites are industry or right wing shills. The denier sites are all you deniers have. You don't have the CIA or the Pentagon or the global re insurers or the qualified scientists on your side. All you have is industry funded denier sites populated by the names of Creationist "scientists" and the like.
Can your little mind grasp how this is different from the matter of Al Gore? He is a tiny piece.
The denier sites are all you have. See? That's called noting a difference.
2. The other moron, right wing poster here explicitly denies any warming is taking place. You lied about this. Right wing cretins definitely deny there is warming at all, although it tends to be the unfathomably stupid ones who do that.
3. There is no scientific controversy about human activity causing climate change, and no scientific controversy about it being a serious matter.(There's a range of projected effects.)
There is a political controversy, just as there was with asbestos and tobacco. There is no scientific controversy.
Good grief...do you ever get tired of repeating yourself?!? That seems to be the liberal tact: if you repeat anything enough times, it becomes true...and, unfortunately, it has worked with the ignorant masses that prefer to be told what to think. Now, go preach your garbage to someone else b/c you haven't a chance in hell of convincing me...not even with all of your fancy insults & curse words...lol ;)
L Craig s Hush Puppies

Philadelphia, PA

#80 Aug 23, 2014
justaguess wrote:
Wow..the libtard has it down to a 15 minute response of regurgitating its response..impressive..
still clueless to reality but waits at the ready..good for a drone..
Again, ignorant, right wing filth never address the actual issues. They just snipe. Then they whine if someone uses the invective that their "intellectual" standard bearers like Ann Coulter against them.

There's no scientific controversy over the role of humans in climate change or that it's a serious problem. None.

That's true whether Al Gore uses a lot of electricity or dies tomorrow or does not. He's not climate change.

And immigration into the US has nothing to do with climate change.(Except that climate change deniers tend to be more racist than the population as a whole, along with more fundamentalist or gun happy or anti vaccine as a cohort. Because it's all about anti rationality. It's not about any one issue.)

---Word Woman---

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#81 Aug 23, 2014
L Craig s Hush Puppies wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, right wing anti rationalists are all exactly like tee baggrz, statistically, in terms of their constellation of racist and wrong and uneducated views, as I explained.
But you didn't explain your "point" about bring immigrants into this discussion. People immigrating into the US don't figure into climate change...because they already exist when they're outside the US, using carbon.
So you can explain your "point" you were making by bringing the racially based, right wing complaint about immigration in this context. I said it evidenced racism. You denied that. So you can explain what your exact "point" was, since you're so educated...but unable to make an intellectually honest argument.
Why'd you inject immigration into this? Explain your "point."
I already explained why I injected immigration into the argument...too bad you weren't bright enough to comprehend my explanation. Unlike you, however, I don't enjoy repeating myself over & over & over & over again...and won't.

---Word Woman---

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#82 Aug 23, 2014
***that was supposed to be "tactic" in my previous response...not "tact"...

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#83 Aug 23, 2014
L Craig s Hush Puppies wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, ignorant, right wing filth never address the actual issues. They just snipe. Then they whine if someone uses the invective that their "intellectual" standard bearers like Ann Coulter against them.
There's no scientific controversy over the role of humans in climate change or that it's a serious problem. None.
That's true whether Al Gore uses a lot of electricity or dies tomorrow or does not. He's not climate change.
And immigration into the US has nothing to do with climate change.(Except that climate change deniers tend to be more racist than the population as a whole, along with more fundamentalist or gun happy or anti vaccine as a cohort. Because it's all about anti rationality. It's not about any one issue.)
And lookie at you...the tool I said..I don't remember ever mentioning Al Gore, or anything you just said...the record is in the posts for all to see...you are the only one trying...I just said you are a tool...which you are...a comic tool to your own existence...

Try to fix it PA...you are hilarious !

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#84 Aug 23, 2014
Looks like we are going to be a few over the 15 minute rule here..

Libtards..full of air & no factual evidence, it is what makes them not only weak but also full of themselves..a lot like trying to explain to a 3 year old why it is not going to get that candy in the checkout isle..It may actually be those moments that create the greed of the libtard..never got its candy...

good luck to ya PA...you are stupid but you are a breathing human..I guess that carries some type of weight..

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#85 Aug 23, 2014
Icons...lol..they speak for the libtard..like a Ferguson mob of looters speaks for justice..simple comparison
ate
L Craig s Hush Puppies

Philadelphia, PA

#86 Aug 23, 2014
---Word Woman--- wrote:
<quoted text>
I already explained why I injected immigration into the argument...too bad you weren't bright enough to comprehend my explanation. Unlike you, however, I don't enjoy repeating myself over & over & over & over again...and won't.
You give me that post number, I'll reply to it.

You had no explanation. Not a rational one, anyway. I've pointed this fact out multiple times and all you can do in response is try to change the subject and to dissemble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 6 min rainmaker2016 2,450
Word association (Jun '07) 9 min rainmaker2016 6,837
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 10 min rainmaker2016 1,135
News not Real News: a look at what didn't happen thi... 18 min Covfefe 3
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 21 min Rosa 25,241
True False Game (Jun '11) 25 min rainmaker2016 15,300
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 36 min F_R_E_D 222,068
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 40 min Bovenzi13 5,458
Cyber Friendships real or not? (Nov '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 1,255
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Rosa 76,827
More from around the web